Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I will check on this end as well. I am curious. Also - does anyone know where to get a good Protein Powder without flavor to add to food to ramp up Protein intake?

I ordered from some unflavored protein from this link this morning:

http://www.earthturns.com/Whey-Protein-Powder-p/fe-p-protein-whey-32.htm

It seems like all protein powders have some flavor, even if they are not flavored. I was originally going to try the Jay Robbs unflavored because it doesn't have a lot of additives (sweetener, etc), but found this brand for cheaper. I am planning on adding to broths, Soups, etc for after surgery to make sure I get enough protein.

dhales - Unjury has an unflavored that mixes wonderfully! It comes in a container or in single packets. They have samples so you can try one before you buy very much. It's 80 calories and 20gr Protein. Also their chicken broth is wonderful!! Here's the link:

http://www.unjury.com/store/protein/reg/unflavored_protein.shtml

I have some question I've heard different preop diet story's but personal I'm not understanding it My dr made me lose twenty pounds (280 to 258) before surgery which I believe would shrink my liver but he also wants a 14 day liquid as well am I right with my theory

Neekoal-- I too have the same thought. I'm scheduled for the 15th. I have to do 2 week liquid pre-op and there has not been one day that I have not put something else in my mouth whether it be a slice of cheese or a spoon of Peanut Butter. I do not like any of the Protein Shakes that I have tried. I have read that some people are not loosing weight so I'm concerned that I will be one of those people because I want it so badly. I just have to keep thinking positive . I also have a mother that thinks I will not be able to do this, so I'm determined to prove her wrong...

Prove your mom wrong! Tomorrow I start 2 days of no solids in preparation for my surgery, I've done much better the last 2 days with one 1 or 2 bites of something I ought not too, mostly at business meetings. I really have a lot of respect for those that have to go weeks of liquid only before the surgery.

I'm on day 5 of liquids, have to do two weeks prior to surgery on the 22nd. I've found some Protein Drinks that aren't bad and have done well. The chicken broth really helps too, I posted about it just a bit ago. Not even one cheat yet, nor do I plan to as I want to be sure my liver has shrunk by the time I have surgery. If you're feeling hungry I'm guessing you're not getting enough Protein. Oh Yeah, Body Fortress and Pure Protein Shakes are not too bad, plus they're handy because they also come in ready to drink too, You can do this girls.....keep your eye on the prize and all the reasons why you're sick of being overweight. Good luck on your journey. Deb :)

I ordered from some unflavored Protein from this link this morning:

http://www.earthturn...ein-whey-32.htm

It seems like all protein powders have some flavor, even if they are not flavored. I was originally going to try the Jay Robbs unflavored because it doesn't have a lot of additives (sweetener, etc), but found this brand for cheaper. I am planning on adding to broths, Soups, etc for after surgery to make sure I get enough protein.

Thanks Steph!

dhales - Unjury has an unflavored that mixes wonderfully! It comes in a container or in single packets. They have samples so you can try one before you buy very much. It's 80 calories and 20gr Protein. Also their chicken broth is wonderful!! Here's the link:

http://www.unjury.co...d_protein.shtml

I've heard of unjury before. I might give that a try! Thanks!

Thanks D! I was just curious...thinking maybe to add it to soups...etc

i am using the Unjury unflavored and its pretty good....i cant taste it in my Soup. i also used their chicken flavored at thought it was pretty good too. but the temp can;t be above 130degrees thats my only complaint

Okay - March Buddies!!! I have officially kicked Diet Coke! It was a major vice for me. I could literally go through 10-12 cans a day! I have changed to water/crystal light. I had coffee the first two days off of diet coke...and since my doctor doesn't care if we drink caffeine...I thought I would just turn to that. But I don't really crave it now and have not had caffeine for 3 days! I have drank more Water in the last few days than I have had all year! So crazy!

I also gave up Diet Pepsi and other diet sodas. When I first heard that drinking carbonated drinks was a no-no, I thought "well, I always thought I drank too much of it every day. I started my pre-op diet on March 2nd and cut out all diet drinks as well. I feel so much better and I am sure you will too! Keep up the good work!

I'm having surgery on March 21,2012. Dr. Hekier at the Texarkana Surgical Center. Does anyone know anything about Dr. Hekier?

I also gave up Diet Pepsi and other diet sodas. When I first heard that drinking carbonated drinks was a no-no, I thought "well, I always thought I drank too much of it every day. I started my pre-op diet on March 2nd and cut out all diet drinks as well. I feel so much better and I am sure you will too! Keep up the good work!

i have to say that drinking diet drinks is really affecting me and not in a good way either. at the end of the day i have a dreadful taste in my mouth that just wont go away. i know its from the artificial sweeteners that are used. they are poison for the most part. ive been enjoying chilled Water with a slice of fresh lemon.

i have to say that drinking diet drinks is really affecting me and not in a good way either. at the end of the day i have a dreadful taste in my mouth that just wont go away. i know its from the artificial sweeteners that are used. they are poison for the most part. ive been enjoying chilled Water with a slice of fresh lemon.

can someone add me please to the springers?? im under the ''name'' Pat Chesterman...judych.

I got banded on March 9. Just a few days ago. I'm having the hardest time with gas and nausea. I can hardly sleep and am almost in tears. Nothing is working! Anyone have any ideas? I've tried walking, hot tea, gas x strips, pepto. When will this pass?

I am really hoping for a March surgery date. I have my last visit with my doctor today! I have my Psych evaluation at the end of the month and then I get to file with my insurance for approval (BCBS- AL). I am really nervous because I really didn't try to lose weight during the 7 month diet because I wanted to keep my BMI around the same. I am scared that it will hurt me now. I just REALLY want to get approved.

i havent read how you got on?? did you get your approval and a surgery date??

Here I sit waiting to leave the house to head to the hospital. That's right folks....this morning is my day! Have to be there at 6am they are suppose to take me back to surgery at 7:30. I've got the shakes right at the moment but that could be cause I've had nothing of substance to eat in like a day. Wish me luck see you all on the other side.... :D