Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are all the Michigan people at??

I followed the program through Sparrow Weight Management with Dr. Yenemula at MSU Dept of surgery doing my band almost a year ago. I have been slow to lose. I'm at about 55 pounds now. My experience was pretty positive. Other women in my group (had surgery the same week) have had some complications.

Hey Ang, I was just banded the 15th of Sept @ Ingham Regional Med. Center. You have to go through Minimally Invasive Surgical Associates @ the Mid-Michigan Physicians Complex on Lake Lansing Road. Dr. Lane is a no B.S. doc. She is very straight forward and honest. The staff there will help you with anything! Give them a call and tell them you are considering the LapBand, they would love to talk to you.

Address: 1540 Lk. Lansing Rd. Lansing, MI

Phone: 517-913-4010

Victor Thanks for the info. I went to the info session and intake appoinment. I just started my classes. Were you happy with everything, Dr Lane does seem nice. No problems with surgery thanks again

Hi guys,

I live in Cadillac, MI. I am also a Grand Traverse Surgery patient. I had my surgery with Dr. Featherstone on 7-10-08. I have had one fill since surgery and go 9-23 for my second. I felt some restriction after for the first 2 weeks after my first fill, but now feel none. Dr. Featherstone seems to be very cautious with his fills. I am hoping I can notice some difference after the second one. I am trying hard to be patient, but it's so difficult. I always feel better after reading these posts knowing I'm not the only one feeling disappointed or impatient at times.

I also have thought about going to the monthly support meetings, I know I should go, just make the time and go...I'm sure it would be helpful. Best of luck to all of you!

Ang, no complications w/ surgery. It may seem like they go to far sometimes as far as blood work and various othr tests, but they really want you to be commited and are ready for surgery. I will be @ the Dow Auditorium tonight @ 5:30pm for Dr Lane. Will u be there?

Hi, I just had mine done in Port Huron, did it the 22nd, I was pretty disappointed with this site also, maybe Michiganders don't go onto the internet, anyway, I would love to hear from you and how you are doing, and it would be great to talk with someone who has also had the surgery, I'm 59 and my husband is being great but it's nice to have someone who knows what you are going through to talk to.

Hi, I just had mine done in Port Huron, did it the 22nd, I was pretty disappointed with this site also, maybe Michiganders don't go onto the internet, anyway, I would love to hear from you and how you are doing, and it would be great to talk with someone who has also had the surgery, I'm 59 and my husband is being great but it's nice to have someone who knows what you are going through to talk to.

Hi Slim and Trim

Where in Michigan are you from? I'm 58 and live in Livingston county. I don't come to this site often Cause it is very quiet and folks are usually pretty quiet here. I've been wanting to get together with others from Mi and start our own little support group but, so far no luck. Only one or two people responded positively. I know how you feel about your hubby though, Mine is still wearing the same old clothes he did way back when. And, he keeps my kitchen supplied with goodies like chips, Cookies, soda, etc. But, I'm doing good. It's been 14 months since banding and have lost 115 pounds. Only about 20 more to goal.

Hope to hear back from you. Feel free to e-mail me at any time. I'm at yahoo.com.

I was banded in Port Huron 4/10/07. DH was banded 5/22/07. We just went back for our 4th fill last Monday. Can't say enough good things about Port Huron. We are 4 hours away, but it's really worth the drive for us. I have started my own support group here in Alpena. We meet once a month and have had as many as 17 in attendance, though the average is about 12. I was 59 when I was banded too. My good friend, who is 65, is being banded 10/10/08 in Port Huron. It will be great to be able to support her in her journey.

Finally got an appointment for a consult. I live in Charlevoix and my appointment is with Dr. Nizzi in T.C.

I am very impatient now that I have made up my mind to do it. I would just as soon as it would be tomorrow.

I live in the Thumb pretty far from where you are at. It sure is nice to know that you have lost so much weight, I hope I can be as lucky. My husband is pretty good, no snaks, thank goodness he likes fruit alot. I don't go on this site much either, dial up and all it's pretty slow. I know there is a group in Port Huron and I plan on attending once I can get more information, but I really would like to keep in touch with you I'm sure since you have had yours for a while you can give me a ton of pointers. I do have some questions like have you had any problems with eating food or any medical problems. I still worry and of course I'm not really eating yet, I can start full liquids next week and that will be for two weeks and then I can do soft foods. I know I have lost a few pounds because I really don't eat much but I really don't feel very hungrey either. If you have any infor please feel free to pass it on and I will be more that than happy to support you anyway that I can.

Hi Teachlady:

I'm glad someone else was banded in Port Huron, I know the lady at work also did it there and she was just trilled, that is part of the reason I went there, she hasn't had any problems at all and she told me she can eat anything which was vey exciting to me because I don't vomit. Too bad your so far away but if you ever come this way we will have to meet for what else (dinner) but together we can make it a small food dinner or we can share.

Hi Teachlady:

I'm glad someone else was banded in Port Huron, I know the lady at work also did it there and she was just trilled, that is part of the reason I went there, she hasn't had any problems at all and she told me she can eat anything which was vey exciting to me because I don't vomit. Too bad your so far away but if you ever come this way we will have to meet for what else (dinner) but together we can make it a small food dinner or we can share.

Just make sure you take small bites and chew a lot. Otherwise, there really isn't much you can't eat. You just have to test the food out. Everyone is different.

Hi Krajh:

Thanks for the advise, that is exactly what I plan on doing, I will make sure I take small bites and chew chew chew, I dont care about candy or pop or sweets but I do want to be able to eat with my hubby.

Thanks