Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are all the Michigan people at??

Yes, you're right. food has been controling me instead of the other way around! I guess its kinda like AA is....one day at a time. Supposidly, each time you say no to something(a bad food), its easier to say no the next time. And easier and easier. I'm really trying to get my head on straight about all of this. I'm worried about a let down if I'm not approved by my insurance.

I agree Blund, just one day at a time! I know I'm still struggling, just gotta hang in there. And I really hope your insurance doesn't let you down! I'll keep you in my prayers . . . please stay in touch, let me know how you do!

Please keep us posted on how this meeting is. If you like it, I may join. I'm in Roseville.

Hi Marilyn! Although Beaumont offers support groups, I might be interested in joining some of you in this meeting. Roseville isn't that far from me (about 40 minutes if traffic is good) and my sister (YankeeBlue08) lives there too. She's just starting her lap-band journey. I'd love to meet some of my fellow Michigan Bandsters! :rolleyes2:

Hi! My neme is Leah and I am from Michigan. I live in Grant, it is a small town about 45 minutes from Grand Rapids. I was banded last friday Feb.22, 08. I feel like I am always full, thats great. I went to MMPC in Grand Rapids and had Dr. Foote. He was great. They are so professional. I am excited about March 7th getting to add some other foods. That will be great. If there is anyone in my area Please let me know. See ya Leah

Hi, I'm from Twin Lake, but work in Fremont, so not far from you...I was banded Feb 5th, and am having some pretty steady HUNGER pangs right about now!! I was full too, for the longest time. I read about band "Hell" on this forum, and believe I am smack dab in the middle of it!! I get my first fill on March 13th, so am anxious to see if that helps with the hunger...10 more days of mushy baby food type foods, and then on to soft foods...

This is a fun journey we are on, already I have been able to drop one size, and have a bunch of clothes to go to Goodwill, because we aren't going to ever be that size again, isnt that amazing??!! I have always saved my big clothes because I KNEW I would get back there, but now, thanks to my band, I am FREE from that worry. I know I have to work, and work hard, but oh, it will be worth it...

So welcome to this forum, it was extremely helpful to me before I had the surgery and expect it will continue to be

Hi Cinaberry, this is Hollimarie from Midland, Mi, just read your page, and thought to say Hi and would like to know how your progress is going for you!!! I was just banded on 3/4/08, its 6 days out and feel great!! Alittle port pain but to be expected. I havent been on the scale yet, but on the 7th day I will. Write back Michiganer!!!!! Hollimarie

BandZski; This is not Julia telling you about the support meeting in Roseville. Its Shirley talking to you. It was o.k. a lot of these people are new to being banded, so its a good thing. Maybe a little boreing, but all in all well it was o.k.. They had a head shrinker there at that meeting, so

he could answer your questions if you had any.

Next meeting you can swap your cloths that don't fit anymore, for some that might. Shirley.

Please keep us posted on how this meeting is. If you like it, I may join. I'm in Roseville.

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you. I agree with Shirley S. Don't know how long most of these folks have been banded, and the meeting seemed a little lame to me. But I'm game to try it for another couple of times and then make a decision. At this time, I don't know how they'll help me. The next meeting will be April 2. Maybe I'll see you there?

Julia

Rhapsody ~ Thanks for sharing your surgery experience. I am also a patient of Dr. Krause. I started this process a year ago, insurance request was finally sent last week to BCBS and if all goes well I should have a April surgery date. This forum is the best!

Nancy

Hi all.

i haven't been on this site in a little while, but noticed a few of you from my part of town. I was going to go to the meeting at Bethel, but ended up have my 'port revision' surgery that day and was out of it.

How are you. I'm in St. Clair Shores and have been banded 11 months now. My port revision has totally revamped my restriction and now I'm learning to eat all over again. I've struggled and yo yo'd, but I'm in this for the long run! I'll be at the next month's meeting! Let's meet up there! Should be April 2nd. Let me know and we'll KIT

Julia

when you finish your ticker, there is a box below that you can copy and paste to your signature.

All I get back is "invalid file". I've tried both boxes to enter the URL. Guess I'm not as sharp as I thought I was.

Julia

Tammy: I to am from S.C.S., and I'm sure will meet at the next meeting.

Its a clothing swap if interested. Looking forward to meeting a neighbor.

Shirley.

Rhapsody ~ Thanks for sharing your surgery experience. I am also a patient of Dr. Krause. I started this process a year ago, insurance request was finally sent last week to BCBS and if all goes well I should have a April surgery date. This forum is the best!

Nancy

Hi Nancy!

I bet you're excited about your upcoming surgery date! After a long process and all those pre-op visits, it's so wonderful when you actually get a surgery date (it took me about 10 months). :tongue2: I was super-pleased with the excellent care/surgery I received from Dr. Krause and all of the staff at Beaumont hospital - I'm sure you'll get the same great care! :drool: Best of luck to you! If you ever have any questions, want to share experiences or just talk, feel free to post here or private message me anytime. These forums are indeed wonderful! :tt2:

Shirley - sounds good - see you at the next meeting.

I don't have much time to write today. have to get some work done! But, I'll check in!

Have a great one.