Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are all the Michigan people at??

Hi everyone, I was so excited when I heard about this site. But right now I'm kinda of disappointed. It doesnt seem there is anyone on here from Michigan anymore... Hmmm....

Well, If anyone reads this I hope to hear from you soon! I'm pre-op and excited to hear about anyone's experiences! I hope you write!

Thanks!!!!!

:)Hey there Michigan! I'm from Tennessee and I too am pre-op. If you would like to talk then feel free to send me a message. I've been trying to talk to someone on here for over a week now-off and on of course...lol. Hope to hear from ya soon.:biggrin1:

Hold the phone! I'm from Michigan!! Where are you getting banded? Feel free to PM me if you want to chat. Welcome to LBT! :)

Hello, I am from Michigan, near Traverse City. I am looking at Dr. Deol, and Dr. Bhesania in Port Huron. I don't know if I have the 12 consecutive months of a supervised weight lose plan Blue Cross/ BS wants so I don't know if my internist will help me get insurance to pay. I am ready to go to Dr. Kuri or Dr. Rumbaut or Dr. Sanchez in Mexico. I am hoping for follow up care with Dr. Deol or Dr. Pleatman for fills but don't know if they will take me if I go to Mexico. Any advice???

Hey there! I'm from Tennessee and I'm waitin' on insurance to decide that I'm qualified for this thing. I'm tryin' to be patient. And congratulations on your terrific weight loss so far!

Cheryl,

You may want to check into Dr Pleatmans costs. He has a package price that includes fills and followups for 2 years post-op and the package is a GREAT price. I have had him do all of my fills, I think he is a very skilled Dr. and he and his office are great to work with. I went to Dr Kuri, have had no problems, but when I add the cost for his surgery,airfare and follow ups that I've already had with Dr Pleatman, the package deal price with Dr. P is much, much better.

Oh, and I'm from Michigan, near Kazoo. I'm 13 monthes out and have lost 58lbs. I can't say enough good things about the way I feel now. No more aches and pains and I love how I look now.

Pati

Hey Cheryl. I havent had my appointment with Dr. Doel yet, but I see her on March 1st. She came highly recommended. I've talked with her office about 10 times so far with questions and other stuff. Its only Dr. Doel and her assistant Rebecca. They are a very small, private practice. I can tell just from phone conversations they are a serious and caring duo. One of the reasons they keep the office so small is so Dr. Doel can get to know all her patients on a personal level and give them 100% care before, during and after surgery. You can check out her website at www.michiganbariatrics.com I suggest you look it over. She also holds free seminars full of information about once a month. She is holding one this Tuesday, Feb. 21st at 7 PM. The location is in the Troy Beaumont medical office building. I am going and would love to see you come too! PM if you'd like!

Marlo

I'm in Lansing and I've just started looking in to getting the LapBand. I'm attending a seminar with Dr. Deol on March 7th. I'm pretty excited! :faint:

Josette

Good for you Josette! I'm from east Tennessee and I'm using the Gastric Band Institute in Chattanooga with Dr. Paynter. So, welcome and keep me posted on your progress. May God bless you during this time.

Hi Josette, I attended Dr. Deol's seminar last night. It was wonderful! She is such a tiny little cute thing! :welldone2: She went over everything on her website, passed around an actual lap Band and even had a patient come in to speak with us towards the end. I have a very positive feeling about this. Best of luck to you. You never know, I may end up running into you at her office one day! :scared:

Hi Everyone,

I am from Michigan---Troy.

I am a patient of Dr. Deol's. She and Rebecca are wonderful. I highly recommend getting your band from Dr. Deol. I am almost 2 years out. I am still learning to trust my band to do its' job. I am also, still trying to un-learn the last lifetime of bad habits. I just remember that this is a process---meaning I am going to be doing this for the rest of my life.

I would be happy to talk to any of you with questions, etc. about Dr. Deol, or anything else!!

Thanks for the support! I'm looking forward to going down this road. I tried the Optifast diet through my local hospital back in July and lost 20 pounds in a month but I had a very very hard time with hunger and ended up dropping it when my mother was hospitalized for the entire month of September and half of October and then passed away. I've only gained back 10 pounds of the 20 I had lost. Me and my husband would like to have children but I'm so overweight and I also have been diagnosed with PCOS so I don't know if it will even be possible once I lost the weight. We'll see I guess.

I'm glad I found you guys and I look forward to taking this journey together!

:hungry:

Hi, I am Nancy and am also a patient of Dr. Deol. You will not find anyone more caring than she and Rebecca. They are truly awesome...I had plastic surgery last year and was in to be refilled and Dr. Deol checked my wound and packed it for me...she is so great!....Hope you all do well.

Nancy

Wendy here, I am patient of Dr. Deol's and I could not be happier. Dr. Deol, and Rebecca just rock. Simple, fun, very caring, and skilled. Rebecca can be a bulldog for ya when it comes to your insurance. They have a simple form letter w/four statements your PCP has to check off on then you should be all set to go w/BCBS. I have BCBS and it was a breeze w/the letter.

Hi Wendiss, thanks for the info. I am considering Dr. Deol and Dr. Bhesiana in Port Huron. Have you heard of him?? Good or bad. I have the check list and was just in to see my pcp but only had him fill out the one for Port huron. I can go back and have him do the checklist for Dr Deol I guess too. How long did it take you to get everything done and get surgery??