Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Loose Skin In Your 20's!

This is something That I worry about as well.

Hi' date=' I'm getting surgery in March! I'm 23 years old and 270 lbs.....ewwww! Anyway, I know that when you lose a large amount of weight there is a possibility of sagging skin. But, we have the advantage of youth on our side. So I was wondering if there was anyone out there that has been successful with losing 100+ pounds and what there problems were with loose skin, or if they had any at all!

Thanks[/quote']

I am 20 and I am headed down this path. I am 345 and look forward to loosing a lot of weight but I have the same concern about the skin! This surgery will be MY FIRST AND LAST surgery so skin surgery is not an option for me....I plan to loose my skin with the shake weight and plenty other arm excercise!!! I will be banded in June....we should definately keep in contact through this life changing moment

Hey! A couple years ago I lost 80 lbs on my own (obviously I gained it back) and I started to notice saggy skin, I got a trainer and really hit the weights. I focused on hydrating my skin from the inside out. The skin tightened up eventually. Now I have lost about 84 lbs and am noticing a lot more saggy skin my arms, it should be noted that I weighed a lot more the second time. So I am going to focus on hydrating the skin again. I hope given time my skin will bounce back. Also I have noticed that the slower the weightloss the tighter the skin. So I don't think it is necessary a good thing to drop 10 lbs in a week even though we would all love that.

Take a look at your arm fat, the skin nearest to your underarms. Try to stretch it. Now let it go and see if it bounces back. If it takes a while, or if it stays kind of shriveled, it's likely to not bounce back once you hit your goal weight. Regardless of how much you work out. Thin skin in that area has lost a lot of collagen and elasticity and those aren't things that working out will replace. Same goes for inner thighs. The skin in these areas has less resistance so it's easy for fat to accumulate there and stretch the hell out of the skin. Well, I've already accepted these facts. LOL

All we can do is focus on losing the weight first, then worry about the cosmetic procedures later. Someone here once said they'd rather have deflated arms than have them inflated with fat. I totally agree! However, I'm 22 and totally understand the wish to wear sleeveless dresses, cute tops, etc.

Let's just pray that our age helps us save at least a little money on plastic surgery lol!

I hope that skin elasticity test holds some truth for me after surgery! Because my skin seems pretty springy. I do have some pretty big arms though.

But like other people have said, I'd definitely rather have some loose skin than have a bunch of fat. :) Being healthy is more important than being a sexpot to me.

My arms are driving me nuts.... I mean my thighs are jiggly but tightening by the day but my arms. Grrrr

Started @ 275! I had my surgery at age 25! I'm about 30 lbs away from my goal and I have saggy skin on my thighs, stomach, arms and other places oh plus my girls were also 42DDD, NOW 38D almost C :( I feel awesome with cloths on but I feel gross naked!! I've read that tummy tucks should be done after kids, I haven't had any kids yet! I've been using coco butter with elastin! Not much improvement! I'm joining the singles group again cause my ex did the oppostie of me and got depressed and gained 80 lbs! I'm nervous about the future of dating cause I don't wanna get rejected by my loose skin :(

It depends if you actually carried your weight in certain areas,big belly regardless of having kids or not will give you that huge flap of saggy skin. Hopefully you carry your weight well and evenly

I am 23 and down 83 lbs and I too have a slight issue with my arms and underbelly but not enough to need surgery. My doctor told me at the beginning that having a daily intake of 60 to 80 grams of Protein a day should help lessen the sagging in the long run. Hope this bit of info helped!

I still worry about this. I am 23 too, and have lost about 90. 70ish til i hit my goal. I've noticed loose skin on my arms, and my boobs sag more by the day. lol

But my thighs have always been where I've carried the majority of my weight. They have barely gone down in size. They're riddled with cellulite, and very jiggly. I can only imagine how much worse they're going to look when the fat is gone and it's just skin. :/

I exercise 5x a week so hopefully that will help. But surgery may be needed.

I was banded December 2010 at 20 years old. Now today I am 23 years old -115 pounds! I look like an old lady naked lol. After losing a dramatic amount weight your going to have to get plastic surgery as much as you don't want too. In my case I need to get an arm left, breast lift, thigh lift and a Tummy Tuck. Yes so much work ughhh. But since I haven't had babies yet I want to hold off my boobs and tummy tuck until then. But for right now I really need to do my arms!! they are so saggy! I refuse to wear strapless dresses or short sleeve shirts, it sucks!