Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

Hi there, I scared everyone away with my venting! LOL

Kemisha- how did the upper GI turn out??? Post the results!! Praying for you!

NJ2NC- yep, the holidays were torturous for me too. No problem, we're just going to keep on trucking!!

DH made vanilla greek yogurt ice cream in our ice cream maker last night. It was good, but not so good I'd binge- but good enough to take the edge off, LOL. It was a low carb day, and I still was at like 66 carbs- I'm trying to stay under 50 g a day on low carb days. Still, my first low carb day I was at like 40-something. So I'm learning, LOL.

Checking in on my goals

1. Logging- check

2. Exercise 3x a week- done

3. NOT EATING MY FEELINGS- so far, so good

Chrissy, Ladybandido, everyone who hasn't posted in a few days, check in! I miss you! We're going on a year, here, we need to stay strong!!!!

Meredith gets a pass :)

Oh my goodness! Holidays got me food-wise. I gained back about 8 pounds, but I'm determined to lose it before my 1-year appt. on 1/23. I did exercise 3x this week,plan to go again tomorrow. Not doing well with logging my eats. Not doing well with what I eat. Trying to get away from the chocolate but now TTOTM is knocking & cravings are getting the best of me. Just had two Krystal burgers (should not be able to even get that down), and a small bowl of Wendy's chili. Ugh...i hate myself right now. However, I did by a couple of Atkins frozen meals & some plain Protein Powder to help me get back on track. Ya'll pray for me. :) I'll do the same for you. :)

JustDoIt130- thanks for asking...

I went this morning at 8:30a for the upper GI and the dr said that my band is in place, BUT...here we go....

As he was watching the barium traveling down my esophagus, it was very slow which is why when I eat and drink it feels like a mack truck sitting on my chest. My esophagus is extremely swollen (my terminology) or bigger than what it should be which he says can lead to a esophagus spasm. Which happens when the esophagus starts acting like a muscle to try to move whatever is stuck in there out. To put this in perspective..it looks like I have a stomach on top of my band (the esophagus) and a stomach below my band.

On a good note- I do not have reflux. Which means the prescription prilosec the ENT prescribed me really wasnt doing what I thought it was. He says because of my esophagus issues, its behavior would make one think I had reflux. So he is going to sent the results to my bariatric surgeon and go from there.

Basically, he says that more Fluid needs to come out my band...but you know how protective we bandsters are about our FILLs and I am screaming, NO WAY is anymore Fluid coming out. I bout had a fit when they took out .5ccs yesterday leaving me at a mere 6.7ccs in my band.

Mish...good thing you had it checked out! Yes...we are protective of our fills...but trust me...its better to let them take some out so you can eat healthfully, than to be PBing everything up & possibly cause the band to slip...as well as not getting the nutrition you need. Let them do it & then give your esophagus time to settle down. You can always get a re-fill once it calms down. :)

Mish, I agree with Chrissy 100%!! Do what the doc says, log your food and be careful with what you eat, exercise- better to take care of it now than have a more serious issue!!

Chrissy- you know, I don't know why when we "reset" we think we have to do it so....plainly? Is that what I mean? Meaning, do chocolate Protein powder, not plain- that might kick the craving but be a good choice! Maybe you need a small fill? Like, we need something we consider a treat that is on plan and good for us, but still yummy and something we look forward to, ya know?

I'm on a low carb day, doing pretty good. All in all it's been okay getting back on track. I'm just paying attention, you know? We'll see how tomorrow goes- for the last month and a half I was getting up on Sunday morning, getting the kids Breakfast, then getting myself a HUGE bowl of ice cream to chow down on- yes, for breakfast. Then more ice cream throughout the day. It is a "cheat" day on the carb cycling diet, but luckily the cheats on this diet have RULES- you can't keep what you binge on in the house- so I have no ice cream. it's "legal" to go out and buy like a single serving and have it, but you cant' keep it in the house. You also have to cheat before dinner, not after (and after dinner is when all my bugaboos come out). It's pretty reasonable and doable, and it looks like I've lost about 3-4 lbs this week, so that's good!

Everyone have a good day!

Nicki

Hi Ladies! Happy New Year!

I thought I'd poke my head in and say hello :)

Well like others, I gained over Christmas. 6 pounds!! UGH!! But, the good news is I buckled down and have already lost it again. Still... I hate the fact I still cave into old habits once in awhile.

There was talk of January goals. I think mine would be to lose 7 more pounds and be into the 230's. This is kind of a "biggie" for me because the last time I was at this weight range was about 19 years ago- when I got pregnant with my first child. So, for me to get back to that weight again is a major "mental achievement".

Tomorrow is my 1 year band anniversary. I'll be weighing in in the morning for an official 1 year total!

JDI...you are right about how we think about resetting. However, I just bought plain to add to Soups & stuff. I still have what I call my Protein frappucino ( lol) everyday. I just have to get back on track. Now, our pastor wants the whole church to participate in a Daniel Fast for 21 days. I dont know how I'm going to do it. Outside of the fact that there's no meat on the food list, I physically cannot eat most fruits & only a few veggies. I guess I need to just pray about it. :)

oh..and yes..i do think I need a slight fill but I'm trying to hold out til my 1 year appointment. Mis73...congrats on your bandiversary!

Congrats on your one year anniversary!

Headed out on a one week cruise tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Still need to lose 7 more pounds by 1/30/13 to hit my personal goal of 180. That would put me down 150 pounds. I will have to work extra hard on the cruise. My goal is to exercise twice a day!

The dr wants me at 160, I will have to work on that afterward.

Hey all! Missy, happy bandiversary! And man, you have lost a LOT of weight, that is so awesome! I got down to 202 before the holidays, then up to 218!!! But with that carb cycling I'm back down- this is my first week, official weigh in day is Wednesday for me, so I'm not sure just how much I'll be down, right now the scale says 214. I think those milestones can be a real mental thing, ya know- like, when you get there, have a plan to power through it an achieve a new milestone.

Chrissy, ah, I get it! Good, we don't want deprivation do we?? LOL. As to the fast- we fast in my church too, but are able to adjust if we have medical reasons why we need to. The spirit of the law vs the letter of the law, if you know what I mean. Like, do what you can do with your particular health needs.

Sue! I would LOVE to go on a cruise!!! DH isn't a fan. Those are good goals, then you can indulge a little but exercise it off! And I hadn't really registered just how much you've lost, too, that is awesome! I think your goal of 7 lbs this month is attainable.

So, can I just say that I love my parents and don't know what I'd do without them? They are helping DH and I with buying a new (to us) car. I am so grateful and can only pray that I am in the same position to help my children someday. It took a LOT of stress off me and I slept well last night for the first time in I dont' know how long. Doing well on this carb cycling, logging everything, hanging in there!

Everyone have a great day!!

Nicki

Ok so a quick update!!

I survived a 2 day liquid diet for New Years and yes I did cheat a little but my calories were low & I worked out.

I am officially over my pneumonia!! The doctor has cleared me to return to my normal activities. In the 4th was my badversery. And the 6th was my 40th birthday and I an lighter now then I was on my 20th bday!! Feels good!

As for my goals

1. Post Monday weight. 187lbs

2. Exercise 3-4 days a week. Check 3 days!

3. Log food daily. Well I did pretty good. Some mornings I would realize I didn't finish my log the night before and would go back & add to it. So it is not perfect but better then what I have been doing in the last few months

I know everyone is having a hard time these past few months, but I am proud of all of us for hanging in there and posting and being honest with each other. We are an awesome group!! We have to remember it took time to gain the weight so we should not be surprised it is taking time to get it off. Ups and downs and all I am just really proud of all of us! Go girls!!

Hi All! Happy bandiversary Mis and congrats JDI on the help for the car! That surely would help you sleep better! And sleeping better helps with weight loss too.

I've been busier than a one-legged man in a butt-kicking contest ... Probably all of us are.

I did the 2 day liquids, Nicole, and actually got down to 170.5! I seriously think I have an aversion to the 160s, because no sooner than I saw that weight on the scale, and my husband commented "you look skinny today" (ok, he IS a sweetheart sometimes) then, poof, I ate sweets and crap and went to 174. I've just been playing this same old record. Now that spring is on the way (to me, spring is on its way starting Jan 2!) ... I am back to logging and working out.

Oh, and I have a fill appt tomorrow, so I think I'll get one. I'm still at 2.8 in a 10cc so I think I've got room. Maybe another .2 for an even 3.

I DID have a NSV, though. I have these high top tennies with buckles on the sides. I bought them at a discount store when I was my heaviest and for the life of me I couldn't buckle them. I couldn't bend over to do it, I couldn't sit down because of where the buckles were and I couldn't reach. I wore them once and had hubby buckle them (embarrassing) and explained to him I got them at outlet store and it must be because the buckles were put on wrong where no one could reach! Anyway... I wore them yesterday... Bent down, reached over, and buckled them!!! I guess it wasn't a design flaw after all! Too funny.

Have a super week everyone.

Hi everyone! Ladybandido- awesome NSV!! I need to get out my Doc Martens that I had such trouble with the buckles when I was bigger. Maybe I'll wear them on Friday in honor of you!!!

Nicole, glad you're over the major crud! And good for you logging. I too sometimes finish up my logging the next morning, but as you say, better than not doing it at all!!

Well, I swear DH can manufacture stuff to be stressed about and I am about over it. He is just such a drama queen!!! Grrrr. But I'm not eating over it- in fact, I'm down 5.5 lbs from my weigh in day 8 days ago (I weighed in on 1/1, even though my regular WID is Wednesdays, so today was my "real" WID). I know it's because I'm not eating TONS of ice cream- though I did have 2 measured and tracked cups on Sunday, which is the "cheat" day on the carb cycling diet. I am doing this carb cycling and it seems to be working. I'm tracking and still exercising- though for whatever reason today will be the first day this week I will have worked out. I'm doing what i can. So it was nice to see.

For some reason my ticker has disappeared, I"ll have to update it and get it back on my signature!

Everyone have a great day!

Nicki

They have tickers on here now? Cool! And I changed my font to purple! It's the small things in life....