Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

im was banded on the same day as you and am loseing just as slow i went for my 3rd fill last week so i have 5.5 in my 10 cc band and just know feel some restriction.i beat myself up every day wondering why i did this if it wont work maybe i should have got the sleeve or bypass idk but i eat my Protein, veg,then fruit i work out 3 days a week and still this is going to be a very looonnggg journey,and i get so discouraged when i see everyone else doing so well,but iam glad im not alone......

Hi everyone! I've managed to stay in Onederland since Friday...so I guess I'm on my way (as long as I keep doing what I'm doing). I'm over halfway there. The scale is a great victory, but I thought I'd share a couple of NSVs as well. One of my co-workers told me the other day that I don't look like I need to lose another 48 pounds! (I love that guy! LOL). I finally can look at myself in the mirror and say, "you know what ChrissyLu...you're getting thinner!" I've weeded out so many "too big" clothes from my closet, that I actually have room to hang things like t-shirts and shorts. LOL.

ReadyForMyJourneyToBe..just stay focused and don't compare yourself to others. This is a different journey for each of us. Make sure you are getting your Water and your Protein in every day. "JustDoIt" (I think) gave me the idea to alternate high/low calorie days to kind of shake my body up a bit. You can do that with your workouts to. Some days increase your cardio a bit more than the day before. I must say that for me, increasing my exercise has been key. But you can do this!! And no...you are not alone.

Erica...congrats on those 3 pounds. Just keep at it...one day at a time. :)

JDI...welcome back from vacation! Hope the beach was wonderful! I hope I can get there soon but I'm not counting my chickens. :)

Nicole...good for you on managing that end-of-year stress! How are things going on the homefront? Hope all is well.

And to everyone else: Hello and have a great rest-of-the-day!

Hello Everyone, I've been in stealth mode a little bit but still trying to to keep up with all the happenings...I've gotten a little discouraged but NEVER gave up. I've plateaued a little bit. From my last fill till the 1 got on June 8th I only lost 1.8lbs (35 pounds since surgery day 1/17). I'm exercising, getting Protein but I can eat all day! and have been. snack snack snack never feel full. I just have to get back to the basics and pump up the willpower until I get to that "sweet spot" but I'm still trying and I'm still exercising and I refuse to give up. I'm sure I know what the issue is aggressive exercise always make me over-eat thats why pre-band I could only lose upto a certain point ..I thought with the band it would be different but I'm at the weight I could always get to on my own and now I'm stuck here again! at 208/209. Sorry to come in after all this time and just vent out my frustrations but I know you all won't judge me. I thought maybe it was muscle since I do 2 intense weight classes per week..but shouldn't I still be losing inches at least??

Well 1 did have a non-scale victory. My husband and I went to an outdoor festival and out the blue said "you walk with so much more confidence when your around a lot of people" Trust me that was a compliment.. I never liked the summer with everyone wearing sleeveless shirts and shorts..which I never wore. Now I do! and apparently walk with confidence lol

NJ2NC....what a great NSV! I know its easy to get discouraged...I get there at least once a week myself. But we just take it one day at a time. :) Have you tried upping your cardio while maintaining your strength/weight training?

Hi Chrissylu, I do 2 days weight training (Les Mills Body Pump) at the YMCA and 3-4 days cardio which is a combination of Zumba, Couch 2 5K or Elliptical. Maybe I'm doing too much..think that's possible??

Hey NJ2NC, good to see you! Are you tracking your food? Use myfitnesspal or lose it or something, and really keep track. And if you need a snack, good ol' airpopped popcorn is really filling (so far I can still eat that). I know it's hard!! And I am the one who alternates calories- a day here and there (like every couple weeks) that is high- like 1400 - 1700 calories instead of 1000-1300. I workout hard too, usually elliptical or zumba 6 days a week. And I would imagine that your body "likes" that weight and it may take a minute for your body to "get past" it. Just be kind and patient, and maybe try shaking up the calories and really carefully counting them.

Hope this helps!

Chrissy- YAY!! Stuck in Onederland! What a good place to be!!!

Nicki

Ok so I just had my fill. According to their scale I have lost 4lbs in 4 wks. They gave me a .5cc I am up to 3.2cc in a 10cc band. Good news on the way home I started to drink a Protein Drink & heard that gurgle sound & started to feel full 1/2 way in! So maybe this time I will start feeling some restriction.

Hey NJ2NC, good to see you! Are you tracking your food? Use myfitnesspal or lose it or something, and really keep track. And if you need a snack, good ol' airpopped popcorn is really filling (so far I can still eat that). I know it's hard!! And I am the one who alternates calories- a day here and there (like every couple weeks) that is high- like 1400 - 1700 calories instead of 1000-1300. I workout hard too, usually elliptical or zumba 6 days a week. And I would imagine that your body "likes" that weight and it may take a minute for your body to "get past" it. Just be kind and patient, and maybe try shaking up the calories and really carefully counting them.

Hope this helps!

Chrissy- YAY!! Stuck in Onederland! What a good place to be!!!

Nicki

Thanks I'll try shaking things up and more patience but its been a month so I must be throwing something off balance where I'm just maintaining and not losing. I'm terrible at logging my food. I do have myfitnesspal app on my phone. I've just never been good at logging anything haha I could barely keep my diary current when I was a teen.

However, I will give it my all with remembering to log everything I know that will help me see where I could be going wrong.. Thanks!

I change up my calorie intake based on my workouts. On cardio days I eat more calories and on weight training days I eat more Protein like an extra shake, but lower overall calories for that day. I was also told to have protein at least 30 min after a workout to help your muscles. help them do what I don't know I guess I should have asked. Probably heal??

Just do it- We are going to Gulf Shores in July and then Hilton Head in September. I love the beach. I hope your first day back was ok.

NJ2NC- Hang in there. I have been there a lot too lately. It is very frustrating to do so much and be stuck, but this too shall pass :)

Chrissy- Good job on still being in onederland!

Nicole- Goood luck with the fill you just got, I hope you are almost in the sweet spot.

Hi Everyone!

NJ2NC- I'm a fanatic with my logging because I know that's a big part of why I'm successful! I hate to log the 1500 calories of ice cream I eat when I binge, plus who knows what else- it totally keeps me honest.

Nicole- I hope this fill gets you closer to green! And 4 lbs in 4 weeks is great!!!! Keep up the good work.

Erica- I love the beach too! There were shark attacks at Myrtle Beach and also at Sunset Beach (where I was) the couple days before we got there- I just told the kids to stay away from things with fins, LOL.

I have officially lost over 60 lbs!!! Yay! I met my birthday goal early! So now I want to lost 75 lbs by the time I go to France- either end of August or very beginning of September, not sure. So how is everyone doing on "my" birthday goal? 2 weeks from today is July 4.

Also, I forgot to say how nice it was to wear my "real" swimsuit!! I felt normal! And almost pretty, if you know what I mean. Now, there is no photographic evidence of what I *really* looked like, but in my mind I was hot!

Nicki

Hi Everyone!

NJ2NC- I'm a fanatic with my logging because I know that's a big part of why I'm successful! I hate to log the 1500 calories of ice cream I eat when I binge, plus who knows what else- it totally keeps me honest.

Nicole- I hope this fill gets you closer to green! And 4 lbs in 4 weeks is great!!!! Keep up the good work.

Erica- I love the beach too! There were shark attacks at Myrtle Beach and also at Sunset Beach (where I was) the couple days before we got there- I just told the kids to stay away from things with fins, LOL.

I have officially lost over 60 lbs!!! Yay! I met my birthday goal early! So now I want to lost 75 lbs by the time I go to France- either end of August or very beginning of September, not sure. So how is everyone doing on "my" birthday goal? 2 weeks from today is July 4.

Also, I forgot to say how nice it was to wear my "real" swimsuit!! I felt normal! And almost pretty, if you know what I mean. Now, there is no photographic evidence of what I *really* looked like, but in my mind I was hot!

Nicki

Nikki, I'm like that with my exercise. I use my Nike+ and a heartrate monitor for any exercise I do. I know how many minutes in "fat burning" mode vs "Fitness/Endurance" mode, fat calories burned etc. I wish I could be as diligent with my darn food logging. I started today with the logging...so far so good haha since I only had a 1/2 cup of fresh fruit and coffee lol

Thanks for all the support. I bet you looked great in your swimsuit in your head and in everyone else eyes!!

Today I wore a dress (I NEVER wear dresses) and it's a size Large (vs. my pre-band 2x).. I've gotten so many compliments today at work my head is in cloud 9. That sure took my mind off of being stuck on the same weight for a month. Now everyone (who don't know) starting to ask "what are you doing to lose so much weight??" hmm trying to decide on how much truth to give I just say "eating better and exercise" which is still very very true.

BTW: we all love the cacique bras at Lane Bryant.. they are now buy 2 get 2 free! I'm getting my 4 today!!

NJ2NC...great NSV w/the dress! That's awesome!

JDI...I met your birthday goal already. Mine was to hit Onederland by July 4th. YAY! So, I'm setting a new goal of reaching 70-75 lbs lost by 7/4. I'm at 64 now so...either another 6 or another 11 in 2 weeks. I think the 6 is more attainable but...away we go!

Ok I loved the Clinique bras too, but a huge goal was to not step foot in that store again. So I have found very similar bras at Macy's it is Olga Christina Signature support satin # 55092. Here is the website.

http://m.macys.com/shop/product/olgas-christina-bra-signature-support-satin-55092?ID=542522

They are on sale right now & they often have buy 2 get 1 free.

I needed jean capris for work & was kind of hoping I would need a 14, but they were still to tight. I had to remind myself this time last yr I was in a tight fitting 22. Also it has been 8 yrs since I have been able to comfortably wear a 16. So I got the 16 & the are comfy & cute!!

I need a good support bathing suit for "my girls" what was that website? Do the have express shipping. I just found out I have to swim 2 days a week starting next week for my new job.

Thank you for all of you kind word. I need to look back at posts & make sure I do a shout out to all of you! Love ya all!!