Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

Missed my june1 goal by 3 pounds, but did lose 12 in 5 weeks, so not too bad. Ready to push myself harder though. So I think next birthday was July 4th? Let's aim for 12 pounds by July 4th then.

Hey, where is Nicole- calling you out, girl!!! LOL

Hi Gals.

Glad to hear everyone had a good weekend all in all.

Becky: Welcome to this wonderful group of women. Good luck to you in your journey. We're here for you.

JDI: Does your ex know you had the lapband? Or have lost a considerable amount of wieght? That should be interesting.

Otaknam: My DH and I {he had lapband in mid March but not restricted yet} go out maybe once a week. I need my red meat fix and get a med rare burger {10oz}. I'm lucky if I can eat a quarter of it, take the rest home and eat it the next few days.

Chrissy: Glad to see your scale still said 60lbs yesterday after the weekend, that's awesome! When I hit onderland, I too thought it would be for the day and would go back up for some reason. I guess from my past, my weight always fluctuated and didn't stay in one place for too long. Going up more then going down. Since surgery, I can probably remember one time that I went up a few pounds. :rolleyes:

Kymie: a 12lbs loss in 5 weeks is great. Don't worry about your goal being 3lbs short, you still lost not gained. Always a great thing. July 4th it is. My goal is losing 50lbs.

From experience, wondering if I can be at my sweet spot only having 3.6 cc's in a 10 cc band? A little back history: they took my 2nd fill of 1 cc out 5 days after the fill as I was so uncomfortable and couldn't eat or hardly drink Water. My next fill was 6 weeks later which was this past Thursday. He gave me .6cc this time.

Over the weekend I had liquids then mushies and now onto solids. For a late Breakfast yesterday & today I am eating Hormel's FF turkey Chili. Yesterday I could only eat a half cup. During the day, I ate a little tuna fish on a wheat thin cracker, maybe 3 and I could feel a restriction and felt full. I didn't eat until 4 or 5 hrs later when I had a half of a grilled burger and was satisfied. I am slowly eating a few spoonfuls of the turkey chili now {maybe a 1/4 cup as I write this. I can actually feel the food going down my esophagus and into my stomach. I'm chewing and it's not uncomfortable like the last fill but I feel restricted. Can it be I'm in a sweet spot, or just because it's only a few days out from my fill?

Meredith- he doesn't know i had the surgery- I can't remember the last time I saw him what I weighed. Probably around the same as now- it's been like 6 years ago! I do think you might be at restriction- but of course, it will still fluctuate. I think that as we lose weight our bands lose restriction- you lose weight everywhere! So I totally think it could be restriction- I doubt it's still any sort of swelling from the fill. I can't WAIT to feel that- I feel it a little, but still not full and satisfied! It's still a heck of a lot of willpower!!!

Hi Gals,

Just wondering if anyone is in the need of some bathing suits this summer while you're whittling down to a new you. I have two basically brand new suits that I would like to share with my bandsters before offering it to the general public. I got them lst year and the year before from Always for me website. They're made extremely well. They are the same suit with different color accent belts. One is a size 20W and I believe one is an 18W. The latter one I have to check for sure. They're free and I'll pay the S&H. Here is a picture of one of them. It's a black halter sundress style. One has a white belt and the other is a light turquoise color.

Oops, just went to send and apparently this site doesn't all us to c&p. I'll send the site with the bathing suit{s} I'm talking about to those who are interested.

The site is www.alwaysforme.com Style# l04519-08X Control Hilo Halter Sundress.

Meredith...that is so kind of you. I am interested if the one is an 18W.

Hi everyone- got another fill today, this time from the surgeon. He did a good job, LOL (you always wonder, I'd hate for a surgeon to draw my blood!). But he wouldn't tell me how much he was putting in because "not to be a smart mouth, but people get hung up on how much is in your band, not actual restriction." Whatever. He said I'd have around 9 cc's in- but that's what I had last month at last fill. So it's over 9 cc's but he did say it wasn't as much as last time, which was 1 cc. I asked if he was doing a "fake fill" and he said no, LOL. By their scale I have lost 50 lbs- by my scale at home it's 55. But for some reason they don't want me to come in to weigh myself first thing in the morning, stark nakkie, after peeing to get an accurate weight. :) They said how good I was doing and to keep it up. I just want more restriction and to not feel so hungry so soon after eating! I told them that I do feel very hungry between breakfast/lunch and lunch/dinner, but I just DON'T eat. So anyways, hopefully this will help get me to green. I do feel it a little more than usually just drinking (but can drink fine, no problems).

Anyway, that's my fill for today!

Chrissy, I'll check this out later to make sure it's an 18W and get back to you. It's your's if it is. I would just be glad to give it to someone I know who can use it, and my first thought were my "lapband sisters'". It's all about supporting one another and paying it forward. :rolleyes:

The day my DH had his lapband surgery in March, on the way home I stopped by LB. I did not plan this so I had no coupons with me. I was in dire need for some new jeans since losing substantial weight in my pear shaped derriere. I eyed the Seven jeans that were $75, knowing full well, they were #1 extremely expensive and couldn't justify wearing them forever like my other less expensive jeans #2 wouldn't be wearing them for any length of time but they fit so good on me. I tried justifying why I wanted them {our food bill would go down considerably, especially now that the two of us have been banded & no more eating out and cocktails for us for some time} and so I ended up buying them with a few other things. I got to the counter and a woman beside me gave me her $75.00 coupon that she wasn't using which was so unexpected. I graciously excepted it and promised I would pay it forward over and over when I had the chance to. I got the jeans, have worn them alot and now ready to take them to the tailor for an adjustment. Paying it forward is a wonderful feeling, no matter what it is, it feels good.

Thank you Meredith! I agree. I did the same thing with my last round of "cleaning out the closet". Someone on here needed clothes for work...so off in the mail they went! :) The great thing is, hopefully we won't need them very long and can once again "pay it forward" to someone else. Maybe its the start of a whole new website??? ;)

That reminds me...I have a size 22/24, black one-piece bathing suit if anyone needs it...just let me know.

I am definitely on the pay it forward bandwagon!!!

Okay Friends....Here's a little tip for you...knowing that none of us want to spend a lot of $$$ on clothes we'll only be wearing for a short while. Sears Outlet Stores usually have a "free apparel Tuesday"...just about every week. All you have to do is sign up on their website for the "Shop Your Way Rewards Club". You'll get a temporary "card" you can print out (print several copies just in case the store wants to keep it when you go in). Then go to their Facebook page and become a fan. Just about every week, they will post on Monday to "like and share" in order to have another free apparel Tuesday. Then on Tuesday, watch for them to post a coupon you can print and use with your Rewards card for a free item of clothing. There are some restrictions like, Levis, outerwear, etc. but its plainly printed on the coupon. I just, today, got a FREE pair of Gloria Vanderbilt jeans (18w)! Now, even if you don't do the free apparel Tuesday, Most of the stores have really good markdown prices too. I tried on a pair of Apostrophe slacks and they were marked down to $10!!! Look for a Sears Outlet store near you!

Meredith...that is so kind of you. I am interested if the one is an 18W.

Hi Chrissy,

As promised, I checked and the black halter bathing suit skirt with turquoise trim is an 18W. Lucky you! Email me your email address and I'll send it out to you by this weekend. My email is mbsmith0823@aol.com.

Hi everyone!

Chrissy, I'm definitely going to look for a sears outlet near me! Thanks for the tip!

WID is today, I'm at 228! Down 3 lbs! Officially LESS than 100 lbs to lose!!! Yay, I'm so happy!

Anyone interested on here looking for a size 22W black and while halter top skirt bathing suit from Always for me website? I wore it maybe 2 times last season and looking to pay it forward to my girls' here. Free plus free S&H......