Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

Oh and I think I will go for the July 4th goal of 3 lbs. so that will get me under 210!!

Nicole, Congrats on the nice jeans, you will be in 14s soon. What kind of job do you have where you swim two days a week?

NJ2NC- Great job on the Lg dress, it is awesome to get all those compliments, wtg!

JDI- Love the stay away from things with fins comment, too funny! Awesome job with the 60lbs!!!!

I am nervous. I have a dinner later today for work at a fancy steak house. The menu will be limited because they are renting the room. I also will be there with co-workers who don't know I am banded. I just want to look normal eating w/o getting stuck. I am really tight right now and have trouble keeping down anything that is tough at all. Any words of advice?

Sorry everyone just realized this morning that I wasn't getting posts forwarded to my email for a long time now, time to get caught up! I have 4 more pounds to go to make my July 4th goal of 12 pounds lost in 4 weeks. I'm honestly averaging a pond a day right now following the abs diet food plan and workouts, so maybe I can double that loss? That would be amazing! As an update I've lost 65.4 pounds since my highest weight.

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

Erica try a fish entree that is normally moist & should go down easier. Also see if you can do substitutions on the veggies such as a mixed veggie or steamed broccoli those are typically softer than green Beans or asparagus. Good luck, relax & have fun. No one will be watching you they probably will be too busy talking laughing & drinking!!

I work at a summer camp for kids with Autism.

Kymie that is great! What are your workouts like?

Still on the liquids until noon today. I do feel full faster & I can't guzzle Water down like before. The big test will be morning real food but I think I am finally feeling restriction! "sweet spot" here I come!!

Hi everyone! I'm trying to figure out how to fix my elliptical wheel, I ordered the part and it came and now I think I"m going to have to do some major deconstruction! Bummer, why is nothing easy!!! So tonight is zumba again, since I can't do the elliptical.

Nicole- those look like good bras! I just had to buy new ones from the store who shall not be named, same cup size but down 4 inches in my band! I too can't wait to not have to shop there, but still there for now. Congrats on the 16's- even about 7 years ago when I'd lost about 40 lbs I was in a size 18. You'll be in your 14's before you know it!! Isn't it funny- I'm about 15 lbs heavier than you (I'm at 223 now)- but still in a size 20 or 22 (which is waaay better than the size 26 I started in!!) and you're in a 16! It was Meredith that posted the swimsuit website a few pages back... Glad you're feeling the fill (LOL).

Chrissy- yay for having to revise your goal DOWNWARD!!!! yay!!!

Nj2NC- how's the logging going!!! It will soon be a habit, just like you do for your exercise. Congrats on all the compliments on the dress! It just goes to show that even if you plateau, your body is still changing. The weight will follow.

Kymie! I've missed you!! What is this plan you're doing? A pound a day?? Sounds awesome! 65 lbs gone forever!! You'll make your goal and then some!!!

Erica- Either you're a night owl or on the other side of the world- you always post so early in the morning (I'm eastern standard time)- so I don't know if you've already had your dinner - but here's some advice anyways- just take small small bites! And the fish idea is good- have something to dip it in (like tartar sauce or au jus or something depending on the dish). And chew really well. Eat slowly! Good luck.

Well, back to the grind. I do have a pedicure today- my treat for the 50 lbs lost!

Nicki

I'm doing 30 minutes of biking intervals 4-5 days a week and adding in ab work 3 times a week. Abs diet is eating 6 small meals a day of good foods. I noticed more energy and weight loss from day one. Highly recommend the book The Abs Diet for Women to everyone

Hahaha I went to book my pedicure, and because of the overwhelming Groupon response my appointment isn't til July 9!!! Oh well, something to look forward to!

Oh oh and if anyone has any clothes they don't want ranging from 32 down to 24 I'd be ever so grateful! Just keep me in mind:)

I got a 90 minute massage on groupon for 32 and 3 facials for 59. Plus a bowflex hrm watch normally 80 for 10, and a king size down alternative comforter for 39. Liking groupon

Nicole/Just Do it - Congrats on the 16's Nicole! JDI - I thought the same thing - I weigh about 218 and am in size 14 jeans, which are a little loose - yeah! Guess I need to see how many inches I have lost since the scale hasn't moved much lately - lost a total of 30 lbs. (but only 16 since surgery on Jan 31st) - depressing. I just had a fill Monday - hopefully my last fill for a long time as I am now at 10cc in my 11cc band. Yes, that is correct. I have asked for my doctor's help since the weight is not coming off like they advertise (1-2 lbs. per week). I average less than 1 lb. a week which is crazy. I am drinking plenty of Water, eating Protein, keeping under my calorie allowance, but definitely need to do better on the exercise. My doctor asked me to log everything I put in my mouth and send it to him in 2 weeks, so that is what I am doing. I've been at 218 lbs. for the last 10 days. I am struggling with exercise - I prefer to stay busy doing home projects, so I am choosing the sweaty jobs. Does sweating make you lose weight???? Thoughts? Suggestions?

Hi Gals,

Glad to see most of you on here. Where's that Kymie girl and Horsegirl? I know, it's summer and everyone is just so busy. I'm hoping to meet the July 4th goal of 50lbs or close to it as I have 4 lbs to go.

Chrissylu: congrats on Onederland and not bouncing back up. I feared that too when I hit 199, however, I kept going lower on the scale. Great feeling. I agree with you re: the mirror. I learned along time ago gaining and losing weight, that I was never going to lose the saddlebags or the derriere although they diminished in size. Prior to that I thought when you lost weight, the troubled areas would be GONE! Ok, I was young and dumb then! haha Keep up whatever you're doing because it's working for you!

Nicole1: Sorry to hear you were so sick but glad to hear you're back and feeling better. We missed you. You are my hero when it comes to your post re: stress and walking, literally, away from the hershey kisses. I'm an old "saltie dog" who would have a very hard time while under stress not to keep my hands out of the biggest costco bag of cheese doodles!!! And even maybe looking for something else to "satisfy" the demons! Looking back, since surgery, haven't been under too much stress to test it out, thank goodness.

Also glad to see someone here has only a few cc's in the band. I thought I was the only one. I'm literally on my 2nd fill since surgery the end of Jan. {the initial 2nd fill was taken out days later} and have approx. 3cc's in my 10 cc band. I'm pretty restricted I must say so I'm not complaining. Not sure that I like or feel the gurgle sound myself but it's getting better. :-)

Erica: I won't repeat what the other's have said, but just be patient. Wishing you good choices and hoping for you to see some positive changes soon.

JDI/Nicki: LOL I'll stay with my bags of mulch, they're easier to keep track of then so many sticks of butter. My brain is slowing down at this age!!! Besides, I can carry a bag of mulch, not sure I could carry all those sticks of butter, I might eat them!!! Mulch tastes awful!!! LOL

NJ2NC: Hopefully the other's here gave you good advice. I never logged food while being on WW year's ago, as I thought I knew what I was doing. Wrong! I try my best to log most foods but there are days I don't. I think between the Fitbit and MFP, and of course the band, it's helped me take control of my {new} life for the most part. Love your husband's remark re: your confidence. That's the best NSV a loved one can give you. :-)

Speaking of MFP, the other night I needed my once a week beef fix. I grilled Trader Joe's Kobe burgers' for my husband & I. The next morning I tracked them on MFP and found out that one burger was 660 cal 35 carbs and 25 g of protein!!!! Yes, I know I could've looked on the box and read the nutrition, yes, I know burgers can be fattening but really???? We've been eating them every so often since TJ's opened up in our area last summer. And it was the first time since my fill weeks ago that I had no problems getting it down and it tasted so good! Bubba burgers are less but not by alot. But I'm not going to stop having my med rare burgers once a week or twice a month when I crave one. I'm still eating alot less then ever before and making better choices due to the band and my head.

Well, it's after noon, on the Jersey Shore, the heat index being 96 right now I'm going to try and do some mulching if I can stand it. Stay cool everyone!

Ok I loved the Clinique bras too, but a huge goal was to not step foot in that store again. So I have found very similar bras at Macy's it is Olga Christina Signature support satin # 55092. Here is the website.

http://m.macys.com/s...55092?ID=542522

They are on sale right now & they often have buy 2 get 1 free.

I needed jean capris for work & was kind of hoping I would need a 14, but they were still to tight. I had to remind myself this time last yr I was in a tight fitting 22. Also it has been 8 yrs since I have been able to comfortably wear a 16. So I got the 16 & the are comfy & cute!!

I need a good support bathing suit for "my girls" what was that website? Do the have express shipping. I just found out I have to swim 2 days a week starting next week for my new job.

Thank you for all of you kind word. I need to look back at posts & make sure I do a shout out to all of you! Love ya all!!

Nicole: The bathing suit website is www.Alwaysforme.com. Great suits and quality. I'm now wearing my 14's tankini's from there from years ago and they still look like new.

Nicole, you all know how I wanted to burn my Lane B. credit card when I lost 30lbs, but went back due to their bras. Having said that, I think I need a change of mind, and get back out in the world, formerly known as smaller sizes. LB is not the end all and be all of bras!!! I have yet to really go out and buy clothes as I, like many other's here still have skinny/thin clothes we were all holding onto when we lost weight in closets, drawers, bins, attics, etc. However, it's been a good 4 years that I've been shopping out in the stores I have no idea where to begin so I went back to what was comfortable, LB, BUT just for the bra's. I still have 3 I bought there that still have tags on that I might return and head over to Macy's. Thanks for that.

Wow! You ladies have been busy this morning!! :) I love it! And I'm so glad to see some names/faces I haven't seen in a while. Glad everyone is doing so well! Kymie...I might have to try your exercise regimen. Even though I've been in Onederland for a week, I'm going back and forth on a couple of pounds again. Ugh! I hate that part of it. I've really been watching what I eat too, getting in more than enough Water and exercising! I will say though that the size 18 pants I got a few weeks ago (part of my $2.78 outfit I posted), are now a little loose. I'm so close to a 16 I can taste it (pardon the pun)! I'm so proud of everyone of us. We are working hard and it shows!

Hi Gals,

It's me again. DH & I just came back from having dinner out. He was in the mood for lobster and living at the Jersey Shore, like any other shore, there's plenty of choices to eat. Just don't want to pay the market price if we don't have to. So, he found a special at OutBack nearby. It was perfect for the two of us. A six oz NY strip and a 4oz lobster tail for $14.99! With a delicious baked potato or choice of veggies. Mind you, I only had 4 little bites of the lobster swimming in butter and lemon before I felt that good ol' feeling. Ended up taking everything home with me and PB'd when I got home. :-( Not sure what it was that did it, me not chewing properly, the bite of baked potato, or just the lobster in general but I'm feeling better now. Never touched the meat.

But to think one can find such a small meal like that {if you can eat it} without wasting any food or money shocked me! DH even mentioned that we would've ordered an appetizer, a drink and a big meal and even go for dessert and coffee before WLS. Now I watch other's doing it and just smile to myself. Not only are we saving on food and calories, we're saving big time on money.

Good night everyone. :rolleyes: Going to have my sugar free ice pop.