Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

Well here's an NSV for ya. DH just came home and I told him he needs to help me measure for my new bra size as I've shrunk out of my old ones. Now thinking budget conscious and knowing Lane Bryant sale is going on I say I'll go there. He responds, Why don't u take 60.00 and go to Victoria's Secret and buy a bra. I said I've never shopped there before they don't carry my size. He said I bet they do now. I said 60.00 for 1 bra? He just smiled. Did I mention he's a breast man? LOL love this man.

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

LOL, Kymie, that is awesome!!! Tell us what you bought!!

Meredith- that is great about Outback- I know I am saving a TON of $$ not eating out- although I've gotten some fast food salads here lately- it's pricy! I need to go to the store and get my rotisserie chickens to shred. I love that with either black or refried Beans.< /p>

Nicki

ok peeps...wish me luck. I go in for a check-up/possible fill on Monday. However, to me, my port feels kinda weird. I hope its not starting to flip. Will have Dr. M check that too. The scale is fluctuating again. I'm trying to do mostly liquids and mushies over the weekend, and, prayerfully, that will shake things up a bit so that the doc's scale isn't so bad. Having a lazy day, sitting with my grandma today...but have to go to the grocery store. Hope my parents return before it gets too late to go tonight. DH is working this evening. Oh...and I'm singing a solo at church tomorrow. This isn't my regular church...but one I used to go to several years ago. I've never sung a solo there before. I'm also hoping that getting some of this fat away from my vocal chords and lungs will help my voice. :) Is that possible? Does anyone know? lol.

Hello everyone hope you all had a good weekend. I've been kind of down and out with this coughing and stuffiness over the weekend. So far so good with the food logging (today anyway).

Ok, is this strange.. I've been down about my lack of seeing the scale move only 1.8 pounds for over a month and AS SOON as I post and vent about 3 days later I get on the scale and I'm 5/6 pounds LESS!! I got on the scale at the YMCA Sat morning and it read 202 and later at home it read 203..I was like WOW so all I needed to do was vent out my frustrations to get the scale to move lol I should try that more often!!

3 more pounds to onederland..OMG I can't believe it. Hopefully it won't take me over another month to get there!

Hi Chrissy- I don't know for sure how losing weight affects the voice, but it probably does help with at least lung capacity! I hope the solo went well. Let us know about your port. I have wondered what might make it flip....

NJ2NC- then vent, vent, vent!! LOL. If only that was all it took, right? See, all your hard work is paying off!! Good for you for logging your food- it will become second nature.

Kymie- what did you get at VS?????

I broke out my Firm videos over the weekend- I haven't done them since I broke (shattered) my ankle almost 7 years ago. But with my elliptical out of commission I have to have options at home. I found these Firm weights I had bought and never used, too, so I even have "new" videos to do!! LOL. I did one workout on Saturday, and will do another one tonight. I was going to work out this morning, but my DH fell in the bathroom (from dizziness!) and scared the heck out of me and it was hard to get back to sleep, then the stupid smoke detector started chirping at 5 am- I told DH there was no way I was getting up to workout, it would be done in the evening! I was just trying to get to be more of a morning exerciser (which I used to be) so I had more time with the kids in the evening, but we'll see!

I did have another big bowl of ice cream last night- I just love it so (LOL)- and went way over calories, but logged it- I figure I am working out HARD and eating overall really well, so it won't kill me!!!

Hope everyone is doing well!!

Nicki

I had a <final for now> fill last Monday (10cc in 11cc band) and have been doing so good this past week, decreased calories even more, increased physical activity even more, did lots of sweaty home projects this weekend and..... I lost 6 lbs since last Monday - holy cow! I have been teetering on 219 for literally the last several weeks and have only averaged losing 1 lb. per week since surgery, then BAM, 6 lbs. in one week! If only every week were that great with instant satisfaction. I am just praying that it stays off - hate the pound fluctuations on this journey. I think I can honestly say that I will never be in the 220's ever again though! Praying that I can hold on to 213 and lower going forward! Thank God I think I found my sweet spot, finally.

On another note, my Daddy took me to dinner Sunday night and he doesn't know I had surgery. I guess I lost my mind for a minute, because I took a small bite of garlic bread, forgetting that I am now at 10cc's in my band and holy moley, I got to finally experience what a BAD stuck episode felt like. I tried to disguise it while clenching my fists under the table as I sat there with a smile on my face and unbelievable pain in my chest. I got up and said I had to use the restroom. Lord have mercy - it felt like it took forever for that stuck feeling to subside. I was so thankful to be reminded that I cannot do that again! It's nice to feel my fill though!~

sound like everyone had a fairly good weekend! NJ2NC...congrats on the loss! I agree...vent! vent! vent!

JDI...here's the link:

Savannah...congrats on the "sweet spot" but be careful on those sticks. I had to make myself a list of things NOT to eat just to remind myself...because I had a bad stick on some Pizza Crust Friday night.

Chrissy,

You've got a beautiful voice! I'm not sure if things have changed since losing weight, however, it's beautiful. You are blessed. Loved the video! AND you look GREAT!

Savannah: you're a much better person then me. We went out to dinner the other night and I had a stuck at the table with my DH. Fortunately, we were almost finished with dinner and 15 min from home. It's an awful feeling.

Actually, I only have about 3cc's in my 10cc band and think I need some fill taken out. The only thing I can eat without any problems at all are Lean Cusine's Sante Fe Rice and Beans, some tuna salad and not much else. Not good. Wondering why I can't use that much fill.

Thank you Meredith...you are very kind. I enjoy singing and I especially love singing what God wants me to sing...Praise to Him always! When I hear that someone else is blessed by that...well...then what God wants is accomplished!

Hello everyone!

I am a nightshift nurse, so I usually check on here on my lunch breaks, (usually 2am :) I am glad everyone is doing so well, we are an awesome group.

Savannah and NC2NJ- Congrats on 6lbs in one week, that is awesome!!! You go girls!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions for my dinner last week. I got salmon and ate about 3/4 of it with no problem, it was perfect! I also wore a new dress to the dinner. It was less fabric than I am used to ;) It came to just above my knees and was sleevless, I almost felt naked. I felt good though, pretty and almost sexy, lol.

I lost another 3lbs last week, which puts me at 60lbs lost!!!! Super excited, hoping I am on the right track now.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Hello Ladies - just wanted to say that I LOVE THIS GROUP! Everyone here is awesome. It would be great if we all stayed in this group long term and eventually could cross paths one day. Just saying!

Hi everyone! Erica, that explains the strange hours, LOL!! Glad the dinner worked out well, I totally know what you mean by a dress with less fabric than you're used to!! Good for you!!!!

Chrissy- I haven't had a chance to listen yet, I'll do it when I get home- I agree with singing the Lord's praises!! I don't do solos, though, I'm definitely a choir voice :). Hope you're feeling better after your stuck!

Meredith- About the fill thing- I do think it is super individual about the amount of fill- so just listen to your body and do what feels right for you.

Savannah- I agree with this being a great group. I hope we do "stay together" as a group for a long time- I post on another site and that group has been together for over 7 years- and I have never met any of them irl. But if I win the powerball we'll have a big ol' get-together!! That is awesome about your 6 lbs, good for you getting to the green zone! I feel for you about the stuck episode- I haven't had one that bad but glad you're okay!!

Well, I have another fill this coming Tuesday- I can't wait. I still don't feel full for that long, and can eat what I want (though I usually don't). I would love to feel a little more in the green zone, though I think I'm close! I also am missing my elliptical- I did one of my Firm videos and can't really tell how many calories- there's nothing online- I guess I need a fitbit!!!! Maybe for my b-day.

So as of tomorrow we have 1 week to meet our July 4 birthday goal! I know I met mine, Chrissy met hers- who else??? Kymie I think did?? Anyways, post your goal/if you are close to meeting it.

What is our next goal??? I like these, it keeps me on track!!

Nicki

I'm still working on my secondar July 4th goal. I was going to shoot for a total of 75 pounds...but since that is still 10 lbs away...Maybe I'll try for just 70. think I can lose 5 in a week if I stay on liquids? LOL. My doctor's appointment yesterday got moved to tomorrow...but I didn't know it until I arrived at his office. ugh! oh well. c'est la vie. I lost a pound by being on liquids in preparation for the appointment. LOL!! Hope you all are having a great day!

Chrissy, does your doc have you do liquids a day before a fill? Mine doesn't, though I do have a Protein Shake for breakfast- which is my usual breakfast....

JDI...no, I just do it to make sure my stomach is as empty as possible in case he does do a fill. It also helps me to get "my head in the game" for 24 hours of liquids after a fill. LOL.