Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

Yay Meredith!! That is awesome! I seem to have lost more weight if I fluctuate my calories- even the week I ate a TON of birthday cake and ice cream- almost as much as pre-band amounts, even- I only lost a half a pound that week, but the next week I had a big loss. SO- I'm okay with a day every so often of higher calories. I try not to even do it every week, but I do go between 1000-1300 calories without stressing. Good for you getting back to the exercise! I know it's important to me for losing weight.

n2animals- that's an interesting way to do fills, I kind of like that because you get to restriction! Hope it all goes well for you- and don't wait this time if you do have an issue!!

Erica- that weight tracking really helps me see how my loss goes, if that makes sense. It is good to have a place where we are all in this together!!!!

Hi everyone,

Memorial Day weekend coming up got me thinking about last year at this time. I was dreading putting on a bathing suit, dreading trying to fit into rides at our local amusement park, dreading going to the beach on vacation, etc, etc, etc.

Fast forward to this year: looking forward(mostly ;) to wearing a bathing suit, super excited to take the kids to the amusement park, beyond excited for our beach vacation, etc. etc etc.

I am looking forward to wearing shirts with no sleeves! That is a huge NSV for me. I was always so HOT in the summer because of all the clothes I felt I needed to wear. I would always look enviously at the women in sundresses, sleeveless tanks and other cute stuff. Finally get to wear it myself this year!

What are you looking forward to this summer?

Yay Meredith! Way to go! I just got a shock at the doctor's office myself. my scale this morning said I hadn't lost anymore lbs. However, the doctor's scale had me down another 1.5lbs! My total is 55.5...I half-way to goal...WOOT WOOT!!! Now...if I can just get rid of another 6.5 to hit my Onderland goal by June 1st...by the way...whose birthday is June 1st? I'm so sorry...but I've forgotten. lol.

ValAnn...I'm with you. I am finally wearing skirts and dresses without stockings (most of the time..lol). I never would before losing weight. I also love being able to wear sleeveless or little cap-sleeved shirts. I wore a fitted blouse last week (you can see it my photo gallery...royal blue), and one of my co-workers was like "okay...no more loose clothing for you! From now on you wear fitted shirts and show off that waist!" What a great NSV that was! Everyone have a wonderfully blessed day!!

@MeridthMcFee-Congratulations on the 3lbs and breaking past your plateau!!! That is wonderful news.

@Justdoit130-So after my fill I came back to work and had a Protein shake and it went down fine. Later that evening I tried some Soup, and after about 3 spoons, I started getting that stuck feeling and major tightness in the chest. I dont understand why it feels ok at the doctors office and then later it hurts. I ended up pbing that night and decided I will definately have some taken out. This morning I took one drink of apple juice and have been in pain for an hour. I had to pull over twice while taking the kids to school to pb. Not fun. I have called my doctor this morning and am waiting for a call back.

N2Animals: don't wait for the weekend like I did. My 2nd fill {water} went down with no problem also at the Dr's office. I waited for the whole weekend thinking it was just me and it needed to adjust.Wrong! Same thing, PB's etc. Awful feeling. I finally called 5 days later and they took the whole 1cc out and I was so glad. Good luck with that.

ValAnn/ChrissyLu - You're correct going back a year.We've come far haven't we? It feels so good. Hot summer months, uncomfortable airplane rides, sweating....

I put the founder of Spanx, Sara Blakely, on the map and where they are today! I should've bought stock in them. Been wearing them since the beginning of time! and before that, lycra stockings from hip to toe!! Didn't know what it felt like to put on a pair of slacks, capri's,sweatpants, etc. without them. Shorts? What were they? Broomstick skirts were my "shorts" but still wore the damn sausage casings in the heat and humidity!!! I am lovin' the freedom of NOT wearing them, however, I did wear one of my older panty girdles recently under a broomstick skirt just to hold me in and look tighter but that was too big and didn't do anything so I took it off. Perhaps I'll buy one in a smaller size just to have on hand as I tone up, but not an everyday occurance. ValAnn, thanks for reminding us where we were, where we are, seizing each moment and looking to our future of good health and living life to it's fullest.

Hey everyone!!!! Congrats on everyones progression! you are all doing awesome! I had to share my little excitement on here... I have a ring that I have not been able to get off of my finger in about 4 years. Soap, lotion.. they all did nothing. I always thought about just having it cut off.. but I never ended up doing it. So this morning I was playing with it and it just came off! I have never been so excited to lose weight in my fingers in my life. Not only did it come off, but I can put it back on and take it off with ease.

I know this is a small achievement, but I thought I would share!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Kath, it's not a small achievement at all. That's awesome. Congrats to you and all the "small" NSV's you {and we} get as they all amount to one big one in the end!!

So I had my infill today under flloroscopy. It tasted terrible! I drank some and felt like it went down. The picture said differently, it just sat there. He said the opening of the stomach was so small, it was like a pin point, that is why I couldn't even drink Water. I still don't understand why I am ok drinking water in his office and then too tight later. He ended up taking 0.7cc out, leaving in a total of 7.3cc. I am doing liquids today and so far so good.

Oh, and I lost 3lbs since yesterday down to 180

glad to hear you got in to see the Dr., n2A. I'm sure you were relieved to get some of the fill out. And kudo's to losing 3 lbs. Not the best way to do it, but since you lost it, don't let anyone take it away from you! It's yours! :-)

Hello everyone!! Everyone is doing so well I am proud of you!! It sounds like we are all in the same boat we plateau, eat bad then loose a few lbs! Just like justdoit said it is a marathon not a sprint. We all have set backs but need to stop and look at the big picture. Last year I was embarrassed to wear my shorts in public so I live in capris. It has been hot & i tried last yrs short & they dropped to the floor!! I am also looking forward to the amusement park experience too!! Last summer I could not take my skinny 8 yr old student on the go carts because we wouldn't fit together. This year we will! Can't wait to feel the wind in my hair as we race around!!

I have been off exercise for a week due to a skin infection caused by sweating to much, go figure! Now I have a cold. So that will be 2 wks no exercise & I have used it as an excuse to eat bad. So for the weekend I am going to eat right & get a lot of sleep. I figure a week back at the gym next week will probably break my plateau after not exercising. I have been lucky that I have not gained & look forward to getting back in the groove of things next week!

I love you guys! I don't know what would have happened to me without you!!!

Almost forgot! After my .7cc, now at 3.2cc. I do feel a little different I don't feel as hungry, but I can still eat a lot if I let myself. I hope to go back in next week for another fill. I am jealous that I have never gotten stuck! I never thought I would wish to feel like vomitting, but I look forward to the sign of being in the "sweet spot!"

n2a - I'm so jealous AND PROUD of your 180! Can't wait to get there myself! Keep it up everyone!

Thanks amica813!

I was banded on 1/3/12 and I have just finally reached my green zone. It took a while but with persistence we got there. I probably have had 6 fills to hit this. I was kind of getting discouraged but now I couldn't be happier. I've lost 35 lbs so far.