Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

Yes, I'm a huge Scarlett fan, LOL. I have started over, for sure, but I had just hoped that I I'd have more restriction. I know I will always have to make good choices and use willpower, I'm just hoping for more from the band soon.

Justdoit- I have done that a few times now, it doesn't feel good. It does get easier after a few more fills, so hang in there! One meal, one night, and one day won't undo all the work you have done so far!

I know what you mean JDI! My band is at 4.9cc (i think...10cc band) and I was doing okay...until this week. Maybe its just psychological...but I feel like I want to eat all the time! I'm trying to keep Water on my desk to drink if I get an urge. The SF Hawaiian punch mixed into it is helping to stave of the sweet cravings for a bit. But I'm struggling this week too. I think I'm going to call and see if our dietician is in today.

Justdoit- I have done that a few times now, it doesn't feel good. It does get easier after a few more fills, so hang in there! One meal, one night, and one day won't undo all the work you have done so far!

I do know that one day won't undo everything- thank goodness, LOL- I just was kind of bummed that I could still eat so much with 8 ccs in my band already. I will tell the NP everything on monday, hope for a 1 cc fill!!!!!

Hi everyone I've been out on a week long conference back in the states (San Antonio) nothing like international flights and a week in a hotel to complicate the plan. I did pretty well and managed to not gain weight. I still have not had a fill after two attempts three weeks a part under flouroscopy my surgeon feels I've had my port flip. He is calling it port failure and until he goes back in he won't know if it is the port itself or me that made it turn. So I've decided to have the revision surgery the last week in June so I don't have potential complications before our family vacation the first three weeks in June.. So I am still behind everyone and just trying to stay on plan with little to no constriction. I now need to increase my exercise.

Hello Everyone, just wanted to say have a Happy, Healthy, Safe weekend and for all the moms, Happy Mother's Day. Luv the Scarlett O'Hara reference, just believe we'll have more good than bad days!

I only got a 1/4 cc today, I was getting stuck more often even with good chewing, I'm still at 209 which is 10 less than my Fill Appointment 4 weeks ago, dr thought he better not give too much today but still glad we came to a compromise with the .25 cc fill. Soooo back to Clear liquids, uhhgg I better skip Zumba tonight since I haven't eaten food all day.

Changing up high/low calorie days does really help!

Happy mothers day, everyone! Whether you have children or not, we all are mothers in some way.

Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day! We were pretty lazy after I returned from the gym yesterday morning. However, had a good NSV over the weekend. My mom gave me a pair of jeans from a friend of hers. 18s! Yay! They were a little snug...but they won't be after this week. woot woot!

Hi all- had another 1 cc fill- that should put me at 9 cc's total in a 14 cc band. I had a terrible day yesterday- LOTS, way too much, cake and ice cream. SO this morning I got up at 5:30 and worked out, and of course on liquids today. I asked the NP there if they aspirate a little Fluid to see if they're hitting the port, and she said yes. I had told her that I'm really not feeling that much restriction, if any, and she said if this fill doesn't help then she'll pull all the Fluid out to see where I really am- if I really do have 9 cc's in my band. So, hopefully this one makes some difference, but it does show me how good my doctor is - that they're really listening to me, which makes me happy. She said with a 14 cc band they see most people get restriction between 8-10 cc's but that everyone is different.

I feel sick from eating so much on Thursday and then yesterday. This fill and liquids today should help!!

Oh, but I had a question I forgot to ask them- maybe one of you knows- if they aspirate all the saline out of my band, will they put it all back in right away???? I hope so, because if I have to start over from 0 I'd way rather not!!!!

not sure JDI...I've never had that done. One would think so though.

Hi Everyone! Hope all had a great weekend and Mother's day. I've been in a slump if you will, with exercising for a good 3 weeks. With the sunny days in between the rainy weather here in NJ, I've been working in the yard and garden. Lifting, cleaning leaves out, being extremely active. Thought I didn't need to work out since I was active outside. Duh! I've been on a plateau for a few weeks now, not gaining, not losing, teetering under 200, which I'm not complaining. Realizing I need to work out even if I'm out working in the yard. Since most of the heavy clean up is done, I'm not burning too many calories, watering the gardens and power washing. So, today, I got my arse up in the gym and on the treadmill and did some floor exercises too! I felt sooo good afterwards and syncing my fitbit up to see all that I've done. Need to remember that feeling and get back to my 4 times a week of working out in the gym, not only the yard.

Hoping I'm getting my mojo back again.

Ok, I'm back! I've been keeping up with everyone through email, and now I'm here to say...I'm alive! Lol. But seriously, I have been through a few changes since I wrote last...quit a job that made me miserable, picked up more hours at my parents restaurant, and have been soooooooo happy! Got a fill last week, which the np called "agressive"...I like that word. Up to 5 cc now in my "standard" band...which I can only assume is 10cc...feeling a good amnt of restriction this time, now having a hard time with bread/crackers (not complaining!)...now to spend more time with my horses, more time riding, and waiting for my barn to be finished so I can move my horses home and start my next and final career of boarding horses and giving lessons. Life on the farm will be full of fat burning activities, so I can't wait! I love burning fat while I'm having fun, I'm so not a gym person, it feela too much like work to me! Lazy, maybe! I am now 2 lbs away from my 40# mark...weight loss has been slow, but steady...and I def notice I yoyo between 2-3 lbs fir a while before I finally.move down the ladder and yoyo between the next 2-3...as long as I'm gradually loosing, I'm cool with that! Glad to hear most of you are hitting 50#s lost, ill get there soon too!

So far this fill hasn't made me feel any different- I'm on mushies today, so maybe it doesn't show until you start eating food- we'll see at lunch maybe. 9 cc's is a lot- she did say since I have the larger band I might have just barely needed that larger size so it will take more in it to tighten it, if that makes sense.

Hmmm, I could use some positive feedback, girls! :)