Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

OK girls, call out time! Where are YOU???

Mags2you

Kymie

horsegirl

kganous

lady penelope

n2animals

otaknam

valann

ericaharrod

ladybandido

shonda225

and anyone else I may have missed!!

How are you all doing? Post!! I need inspiration and friends to go through this journey with!! I know we get busy, but do post when you can. I miss you!

Didn't workout last night, it will be a rest day, went to dinner with the fam right after work- had a great small salad with chicken at the Whole Foods. Super yummy. It was just too late to work out when I got home, but today will be a good sweaty one!

Everyone, have a great day!!

Meredith...I posted a pic in my gallery yesterday. :) JDI130...I've hit a plateau...well...more like a yo-yo. I can't seem to get lower than 215 and then I'll bounce back up to 217. Its back and forth, back and forth. I'm trying to mix up my menu and my exercise but nothing seems to be working yet. However, I do have the NSV of the unexpected size 18 jeans! Still moving forward! Going to the 2nd Harvest food Bank (Nashville) to sort and fill boxes of food for families that need them. Have a great day everyone!

I'm here I'm here!!!! Waving frantically :P

Here at the office slowwwly eating my lunch. I bought a rotisserie chicken at Kroger's the other day and made some yummy chicken salad with it. Just mixed some chopped up bread and butter pickles, a little mayo and a dash of dijon mustard together and it is delish. I also have a little tropical fruit cup to eat for dessert. I brought a little more today than I did yesterday because I was still kind of hungry after lunch yesterday. A full cupful today.

I am teetering on the edge of the green zone just not 100% sure yet. Hence my attempt at bringing more food to see if I can escape my 3pm hunger issues. Usually always have to have something(usually Greek yogurt or a Protein bar) around that time of day.

Not to complain but is anyone else having clothing issues? LOL...I am rapidly running out of work clothes that actually fit me. Luckily I had held onto some capris that had not fit me for years but they aren't going to last forever!

I know.....silly to complain but hate to spend money on clothes I won't be in for long.

What are you doing about clothes not fitting you?

I'm in between jobs right now so clothes haven't been a real issue for me. Like most of us, I have clothes in my closet, attic, stored away just waiting for that day to be able to wear them again. Right before contemplating on the lapband surgery, I almost gave them away to GoodWill as I knew that day was never going to come. Fortunately, most of them are classic clothes so I have a lot of trousers/slacks that are still in style if I need to wear them again. Right now, I'm wearing yoga pants as it's cold and raw here in NJ for the past few weeks. I was never able to or shall I say feel comfortable wearing Yoga pants before with my saddlebags and derreirre as big as it was. Due to a smaller top, I never wanted to wear real big shirts to cover the bottom as it just wasn't me. So now, I can wear the yoga pants with tank tops and sweat jackets and feel comfortable running errands, etc. My mainstay typically are jeans and long broomstick skirts. Winter with boots and summer with sandals. The only real expense I bought so far since the surgery was the 7 jeans from Lane Bryant. They were pretty expensive but they felt and looked so good on me, I said the heck with it! Surprisingly, when I got to the register, a woman gave me her coupons, {I threw mine out since I was never going back there again, ha, the laugh was on me} and I basically got the pants for free! So naturally, I bought some khaki cargo pants too that I always liked to wear but never thought I should. It's a good feeling. Like Valerie Bertinelli says in her Jenny commercial, I too was an urban hermit for the past year or so. Now, like Helen Reddy's song, I am Woman, hear me Roar! I am baaaaacccckkkk! And lovin' it!

ValAnn- I too have few work clothes- I have lots of jeans and t-shirts, but not work appropriate in smaller size. I will have to comb some goodwills to find things!!!! Or take ChrissyLu with me shopping, LOL

ChrissyLu- you'll bust through the yo-yo- just keep up the good work, your body will give up the fat eventually!! :)

Meredith- I will have to go to LB too, have a credit card- and use whatever coupons :) I can't go to work naked (it's not THAT kind of job!)

ValAnn...I'm waiting for half-price day at Goodwill stores (1st Saturday of each month) and just buying a couple of pieces to get me through. I also watch (on Facebook) for free apparel item days at Sears Outlet stores. They usually have deep discounts on clothing anyway.

Justdoit- I am here too! I read everyday on my email. Congrats everyone for all the SV and NSV.

I have the best news so far in my lapband life, I have broken through my plateau and I have now lost 50lbs, I am so happy!!! I had plateaued for 3-4 weeks and I was getting so frustrated. I decided two weeks ago to increase my exercise but continued to eat the same amount of calories (around 900) and lost nothing last week. So even more frustrated, I did some research and decided my metabolism maybe had stalled. I decided I would try a few high calorie days (1500-2000) and I initially had a few pound gain, but when I started to have my low calorie days again the weight started to melt off. I have lost 5 lbs in in 4 days! I now plan on eating a day or two of high calories every week and to keep my metabolism up. I hope this trend continues :)

Erica, congrats to you. Don't forget to change your ticker to show it. You worked hard, now show it off!

Ladies!!!! I have been soooooooo busy this weeks.. lots of changes, can't wait to tell you all about it! Will catch up later, but just wanted to let you all know I AM ALIVE!!!! and I miss you all so much!! <333

Just burned 1042 calories doing Zumba!

Kymie! That's awesome! I love zumba

oh man! Eating lunch at my desk..kinda stuck on some roasted turkey. Ugh! Trying to breathe it away.

and now its caused hiccups. yay. i love (not) having hiccups at work.

Hi everyone! Sorry to be MIA on the weekend. Did good, had a great zumba class on Saturday, burned lots of calories. Have a zillion things to do this week- 2 of my kids birthdays are on Saturday- my oldest daughter turns 18 and my youngest son turns 4. Should be fun! Looks like I'm on track to lose a smidge this week, we'll see. I only did 5 days of workouts last week instead of 6 because my legs were killing me yesterday from zumba, LOL.

I'm getting over the totally eating on the weekend thing- and as an added bonus, my house is much cleaner!

Happy Monday everyone! I, too, was rather MIA over the weekend. Great job on the zumba JDI! I wish my knees could take it...I love zumba! So my lapband.com profile says I have reached 25% of my goal! yay!