Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

NJ2NC- is there anything else you can do? I am on the Mirena IUD, which pretty much gives me no tom or very light tom- or maybe a no estrogen pill? Unfortunately, for taming of the beast purposes, it would have to be trial and error as to what works for you. Good luck, but I would probably try to switch. I had no weight gain when I went on the Mirena, but not sure if it's appropriate to use it to regulate your cycle.

I hope to have at least another pound gone by tomorrow, WID. Hopefully 2, that will put me at an even 30 lbs lost!! I am having the darndest trouble not drinking while eating. Right now it's okay, but I know once I"m at restriction it'll be necessary. And maybe I wouldn't be so hungry between meals if I didn't! Something to work on.

Consistency is the key for me, for sure!!!

have a great day everyone!!!

I agree with Justdoit on the Mirena. I found it to be a really mild BCP in terms of side effects!

Nicole1: I am lugging a 19 pound baby around, so maybe all that lifting is making my port sore. I'll ask the nurse today and let you know her thoughts!

Hello JustDoIt130 & Rockonhan,

I did try the Mirena and believe it or not after only several months it dislodged into my cervix I was told that was very very rare and that I should try it again. The only reason we found the issue was because I told my Dr. my cycles are still crazy and she looked at me like I was nuts and said lets do an ultasound.

Before the Mirena I used the NuvaRing after the dislodging thing I was scared to try it again so I went back to the ring. Now that I'm banded it is obviously slowing down my progress I guess I should just put those fears aside and just get the Mirena again..

If the doc said it was okay to try again, I think you should- and just keep a good look out- it really is so so convenient!

Ack! That's crazy! I was on it for years with no problems. I agree to maybe try it again if the dr. has cleared it.

Hi Ladies! Just got back from my checkup. I was down 1.6 for the last two weeks, which is good, but certainly not optimal. The nurse is going to have me count carbs instead of calories for the next two weeks and see if that helps get the scale moving faster. 45 carbs/day. EEK.

She said my port pain sounds normal and everything looks good with my incisions, so she wasn't worried. She used a local this time for the fill because last time it hurt!

I'm up to 6.75cc in my 10 cc band.

Also, I'm down 23.6 total since my liquid diet started on 1-1-12.

2.4 more pounds and I'm at 10%!!!

Slowly but surely!

I went to the doctor today too! It was a not so good appointment. I've lost 11lbs in the 5 weeks since my last appointment, and the assistant who saw me seemed displeased with that. I was bothered by that. He was also upset that I'm eating 3 meals a day with a snack or two instead of 4-6 meals a day. And he told me I shouldn't drink coffee or tea because it messes with Vitamin absorption which is true IF I were eating and drinking, which I am not... so. Poo to him on that one.

I am so annoyed right now though. I was very happy with 11lbs over 5 weeks. Especially since I traveled two of those 5 weeks and had to eat food that wasn't always of my choosing. But bleh. Whatever. I will get over it. 11lbs lost is 11lbs lost is a loss and I am in it for the long haul.

He also refused to tell me how many cc's are in my band and what the total capacity is. I am super bothered by this. I mean, this thing is in my body, I feel like I have a right to know and SHOULD know in case there are any issues and I can't get to their office. I got a fill, not sure how much it was though... because. Yea.

Anyway, I hope everyone else has better follow up appointments than I did, ones that are more positive. If I have another not so good one the next time I go, I might need to look into moving to a new office I think.

Congrats Rockonhan and Jayeedee! Jayeedee...I would call the doctor's office back and demand that information. They are not allowed to keep that from you. From OTHER people yes...but not from you. Good luck with it and God bless.

Jayadee--that's nuts! Why in the world would he withhold that info?? I agree with getting it.

Also, 11 pounds in 5 weeks is AWESOME!!! My surgeon recommends 1-2 lbs/week, so you're above their goal. He probably would have been pissed at me for my .8 lbs/week.

Frankly, he sounds like a jerk!

Collar bones, Old Navy, oh my!! I am so excited for everyone!! I tried to buy some pants at Old Navy, but they fit at the waist, but not the thighs. Looks like I need to step up on those squats!!!

Make sure you try all of the different cuts at Old Navy, it really makes a difference. I think they have a description on how each cut fits and I'm pretty sure that there is one that is looser on the thighs

Jayadee- I can't believe they wouldn't tell you about your band, it is your right as the patient to have that info. Also, your weight loss is great, don't let that jerk get you down.

rockonhan- I am glad your appt went well. Let us know how the carb counting goes, GL!

NJ2NC- Good luck with the decision on BC, it is hard when other aspects of your health impead weight loss. I used the nuvaring before I had kids and loved it, but I was also morbidly obese and not trying to lose weight, so I never thought about it.

Justdoit- Have you made it to your 30 pounds? I have a hard time with the not drinking while I eat also, I love spicy foods.

As for me, I have my post op appt tomorrow. I am hoping for a fill, my weight has basically been at a stand still. My incision is healing well this time and tonight was my first night back at work, so getting back to normal.

Hi everyone, down 2 lbs for the week, so officially lost 30 lbs since my pre-op diet! Yay!!

Jayeedee- that is crazy, it's your body, you should totally know how many cc's your band holds and what is currently in it!! I would absolutely call the actual Doctor and tell him what happened. That is ridiculous! 11 lbs is a LOT, and a good rate of weight loss!

Rockonhan, at my first fill appt they had me write down my average carbs and protein- apparently I'll do that at every appt, and when I told her how many carbs I was eating she was surprised- I told her I wasn't counting carbs, I was counting calories and making sure I was getting in all my Protein. It's working for me, so she said to keep it up- but I think that shaking it up is a good thing, so maybe counting carbs for awhile will jump start you! though you're doing good, and isn't any weight loss awesome?

Erica- good luck on your appointment, hope you get a fill- it's nice to be back on track, isn't it.

I have a lunch out today, so need to go look at their menu and plan, plan, plan!! I really love my fitness pal, it really makes me pay attention.

Have a great day!!

Kudo's Justdoit! It's a nice sound, 30lbs lost! Keep it going. I love my fitness pal and Fit Bit. They definitely keep me real by journaling the food as well as seeing my daily activity. Prior to surgery and having the Fit Bit, I would put things that needed to go down the hall or upstairs in one place until I was ready to go, now, I don't accumulate them, when I see something needs to go in their proper places, I just do it and see the steps I take on my Fit Bit soar! It's just not a pedometer which I've had in the past, it's fun to see the graphs, badges, reports and all the wonderful progress on this journey. Did I forget to mention how much I enjoy this site? The only site I go on for lap band advice and encouragement by all!

Gained 3 lbs.....but it is my Tom so maybe that's it. Totally analyzing my journal and feeling guilty knowing I can do better.