Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

resptech2band- You might be waiting to long to eat. I sometimes get that weird growling of the lower part of my stomach, it I don't get my normal full feeling right away. shonda225- Your body probably went into shock from losing 18 pounds so quickly. And I agree, the time before the first fill is white knuckling it. Hopefully your next fill will help. You haven't failed, you are still on your journey. kymie9899- Great job on the early morning workout! Way to go! JustDoIt130-Two kiddos with lice, that sucks. Good luck, I hope you don't have to cut your little girls hair! ready for my journey- Size 18 falling off of you, that is great! Aren't NSVs great! As for me, Doctor appt went well. I had my second fill and I am healing well from the port flip surgery. Even better news is that I have offically lost 41 pounds. I am super excited to be to 40 pounds! I am looking forward to 50 pounds gone now!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I am 2 pounds away from weighing less than my DH, I can't wait!

Got final numbers thorugh insurance. 34K was billed to insurance for surgery, however huge discounts due to in network dr and hospital. Final balance was covered by my HRA plan, so total out of pocket is .....$0.00. I can't believe it, I was so stressed about it I could just......run on the treadmill! LOL, I am truely blessed that this was covered and it only makes me want to prove that I was worth it. Almost feel like I need to prove to the company I work for that I can do it and I'm worth it. I know I am anyway, nah nah, we all are! I hope everyone has a great weekend, I know for me the weekends are harder to stay on track, but we can do it. :D

Kymie, that's a great feeling isn't it? I too have in network docs, hospital, anes. etc and have zero balance. I like the way you think re: showing the ins co.s' your proving to them that they did the right thing by you. Whether we pay out of pocket or ins pays, I think everyone on this website for the most part are on the right path of changing our way of thinking, eating and becoming more active. I know I couldn't do it without all your ideas, and support.

Well it has been almost 8 weeks from the day of my surgery. And all I have to say is NOT losing. I am stuck at 243 and ticked off. My last doctor appt I was at 241 and not sure what is happening. I am following their instructions to the T. And nothing. My clothes all fit looser but no pounds comong off.

I try to have eggs in morning but find myself bringing them back up and have had to change that. I was told no Protein Shakes but boy I miss them. At least they stayed down. I have only had the one fill and that was 3 weeks ago. Seems like months ago. I am so discouraged this morning I could scream. Thanks for letting me vent.

Otaknam, I think that a Protein Shake in the morning when you feel tight is okay, that's what I do. Anything to get Protein in and keep it down. I don't know what to tell you about the weight loss, but keep it up and don't give up!!!!! Clothes getting looser is indicative of getting smaller!

Kymie, my out of pocket was about $2000, thank goodness for my flex spending account. Wish it were less, very glad it wasn't more, LOL.

Well, done with delousing my children, boy do I love being a mother. That same day DH was diagnosed with congestive heart failure. It's been quite a week. They're increasing his meds, if that doesn't work they'll give him a different pace maker than the one he already has (he has trouble with his heart's electrical system, and now the CHF), luckily those things usually work. If not, we're talking about a heart transplant.

But I'm not stress eating!! I can't wait until my fill on April 2!!!!

I agree on the Protein Shakes. My whole docs office does one in the AM, which is great cause they can recommend what tastes good. I get Premier shakes from SAMs club. Taste like chocolate milk and curbs a sweet tooth. My doc doesnt limit how many but recommends 2-3 if needed. Just ensuring the Protein intake is where it should be. I've been using the 30% of weight formula. Something's working cause I just backed comfortably into a pair of JEAN shorts I couldn't even zip last year. Love love love NSV's!

Ugh! I am stuck at 225 for the past 2 weeks. It is annoying because that is the exact weight I always go stuck at when trying new diets! I go for my 2nd fill Monday & maybe that will get me moving down again. I can't wait to get into my 18 pants again. I am so close! I can button them but they are uncomfortable. As for my exercising I am taking 3 days off. My lower back has hurt so bad. My trainer says it is due to working muscles never worked before. Makes sense. I have a massage scheduled for Sunday and a chiapractor appt for Tuesday. I have had some emotional days & have envisioned myself buying my binge food like that yummy piece of cake at Safeway but I have held my ground & had sugar free pudding. Now I am off for a week so I am worried. Good thing I get a fill on Monday & will be 2 days liquids & 2 purée that should help!

Thanks for listening!! I love you guys!!!!

just do it i will keep you and the hubby in my prayers.....great job not stress eating,wish i could say the same :( well since my dads cancer i had my fill so maybe it will hjelp a lil we will wait an see glad everyone is staying so positive and losing weight or if they are not we know its not the end of the world we have each others back I LOVE THIS FORUM !!!!!!

JustDoIt, you are in my thoughts!!

It is my birthday today. 3-0. I am excited. I made a cake and had a small piece with Breakfast and a sliver for snack with a little bit of frozen greek yogurt. The cake was made with a low glyecemic sweetner that has additional vitamins... so it is almost healthy, but definitely healthier than store bought or boxed cake. I'm at a mini-plateau so today I am not watching calories. I am hoping it will kick my system back in to gear like it usually does.

Otherwise, things are good. My overall in my head goal was to lose 30lbs by my 30th, and I totally met that. Here's to this being the year of my life where I get healthy again, and then stay that way until the end :)

I also ordered a FitBit as my gift to myself outside of the family trip we took earlier this month & the LB surgery (I considered the portion we had to pay one of my birthday gifts).

Hope everyone has a good weekend!!

Jayeedee, happy birthday!! And good for you on the cake. I too find that a day of a few more calories every now and then gets my metabolism going too. Tell me what you think of the fitbit, I think I want one for my birthday too.

Ready, I love this forum too, no one irl knows about my surgery except DH and my immediate family, so its nice to have people I can talk to!

I was in a meeting with hubby and every so often we'd hear a gurgling noise. At the end of the meeting the director said lets end meeting so she can go to dinner and, the guy sitting next to hubby said its not her it's him, it was too funny!

I have to remember too CHEW CHEW, I don't remember till after a few bites and then I end up being unable to swallow for a couple hours.

I will let everyone know how the fitbit goes. It should be here in the middle of next week. I also got a gift certificate for Amazon and ended up getting a masticating juicer. We can't take ibuprofen, so I'm going to start juicing turmeric!! lol

I miss having a juicer. Haven't had one since we lived in Hawaii 8 years ago.

This was a very healthy birthday indeed. I hope everyone's weekend was good. Here's to a good week.

Hi everyone! My band finally calmed down after the last fill and I can eat again--whew! I'm feeling really good with my restriction--think I'm currently in the "green zone".

I bought size 18W pants yesterday!!!!! Woot woot!

So I just had my 2nd 6 wk check up (weird how we all have different times between follow-ups). I have lost 8lbs. I was disappointed at first, but them the doctor told me I only have 1cc in my 10cc band, therefore I have been basically loosing the weight on my own! So that lifted my spirits. She added another 1cc. She told me I will know I am in the green zone when I am tighter in the morning and I have never had that problem. So we will see if this fill causes that. I have been able to eat just about anything in the morning and it only got stuck once.

Congrats Rockon!! I can't wait to be in the green zone!!

Rockon, that's awesome! How much is in your band now?

Nicole, I know, we're all on different schedules. I have my second fill next monday. I' can't wait! I have 6 cc's in my band (14 cc band).

My weekend was good- kids all lice free, LOL. And I worked out 6 out of 7 days- goal is 5, so awesome!