Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

Hi there! Horsegirl, that is awesome!!!! I have noticed that my necklaces look better on me now, LOL.

NJ2NC- 29 lbs, that is awesome! I wish I were a stress non-eater!!!!

I lost 3 lbs last week! Total of 26 lbs lost forever, never to be found again. The exercise is really helping, and I'm loving logging all my food, then getting to subtract calories burned, LOL. I actually treated myself to a small brownie last night, logged it, and was still way under calories!

I wish I felt some better restriction, I have 6 cc's in a 14 cc band, so I'm psyching myself up for at least 2-3 more fills before I really have it- but so far so good!!

i hear ya, I have actually had compliments on tops I've worn before the weight loss, people thinking its a new top. I do say oh I've worn it before, but I do have to think to myself, did they not notice it for looking at the bulging fat sticking out? well no longer!

I met with my nutritionist this week. She said I am doing great except for my Water intake. So she has me drinking 20 oz when I 1st wake up. Then wait 30 min to eat. So I wake up drink hit the snooze button & it goes off about the same time I have to pee!! I have lost 3 lbs since we talked Monday! I think I love water!! It is hard remembering to drink 30 min before eating or after and I end up realizing I'm hungry & haven't had any water in a few hrs!!

I am so happy to hear everyone loosing so much weight!! I wonder if we add up all of our weight lost what it would total???

Nicole, that's great! Luckily I really like Water and drink a lot of it. I have problems remembering the not drinking while eating rule.

I've been pretty consistent with my exercise, and I have to say I do think it really helps. I believe it's 90% about the food, but exercise is an added boost! I do need to add in some strength training too, I hear that toning really helps the skin rebound.

Just Do it

You are right the food is 90%. The toning is really important because it prevents muscle loss and helps with the skin. At first I was freaked out because my skin was getting so loose but my trainer said all the fat was attached to the muscle & as you use your muscles & burn the fat away from them the fat disconnects & feels loss & jiggly!! As your muscles build, the fat disappears, more, the muscles start to pull the skin back in. I hope he is right I really hate the tummy jiggle!!! I used to have a solid muffin top now I have a soft jiggly muffin top!! I'm going to keep toning and prove him right!!! ???ª

LOL, nicole1 ... I, too, have the jiggly muffin-top! And my upper arms are looking lumpy-loose, so I've been working with the weights trying to avoid bat-wings. Sure could use some of the fat leaving from my lower abs and back instead! All in time I know.

I agree. I totally don't want to lose weight in my bosoms!! Take it from my a$$, LOL.

Hello all!

I have been reading everyone's posts, I have enjoyed keeping up with everyone. I had my surgery 1/5/12, had one fill, and have lost 37 lbs. I went for my second fill this past Thursday and was informed that my port had flipped. I am now scheduled for another surgery this Monday. I am still in shock that I need to have another surgery. The surgeon says it will only take about 15minutes but I will be under general anesthesia. The only good news is that I will get another fill during surgery. Has anyone else had this problem? I wish I didn't have to have surgery again, my first incisions just healed!

Erica

Erica. That completely sucks!! How in the world did that happen? Can't you insist on general anesthesia and do it in their office? It sounds so extreme to go back into surgery just to flip you port!

I am happy for you on the weight loss I had surgery 1/4 & have lost 30 lbs. you have done amazing!! Maybe you will loose a lot just like the 1st few weeks after the 1st surgery. Good luck!

I was banded on 1/4 and have only lost 10lbs. I have lost several inches from everywhere, which is a plus but the weight is stuck! I missed my 2nd fill appointment 2 weeks ago and have to wait until 3/20 now. I have little to zero restriction and am hungry every couple of hours. Being a caterer and chef, I am surrounded by food all day and have fallen off track more times than I would like to admit. I also have a 6-month old and 2 year old and after working on my feet for 10 hours a day, I have little to no time for exercise. Although I do get in at least an hour walk a couple times a week taking the boys out. I cannot wait for my 2nd fill to see the scale start moving and feel some restriction. Being in a funk sucks... Congrats to everyone who has seen results. Your accomplishments are very motivating!

Nikol- it will come. With your job you should wear a pedometer and sew how many steps you take. I'll bet its a lot!

Nicole- My surgeon says there are less complications if done during surgery, less chance of infection. It does stink to have to have surgery again, but I want it work the right way. He says that he will put mesh down and sew overtop of that so it holds to my muscle better.

NIKOL- I know what you mean about long days and kids. I work 12-14 hour days, 3-4 times a week. I also have two year old twins. It is tough, but you are worth the time and effort. Walks count as exercise, not to mention chasing a two year old! Try chewing a piece of gum while working, that way you don't pick and snack. Good luck!

I go in the morning for my port revision. I am excited because I get another fill during surgery. I hope everyone else is doing well!

Erica

Going in for 2nd fill tomorrow and it's about time. Had to hold off for a week while the Dr office was closed so it feels like that week lasted forever! Will be glad to have restriction again. I know the band is called a "TOOL", but I consider mine more of a "WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION!" It is amazing to be at restriction and utilize the methods we have tried so many times in the past and failed in. Our new weapon is what gives me that fighting edge to see that I can change my health and will see progress! Have a happy healthy week everyone, and keep it up! We are getting there!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hi ladies! I have my first fill tomorrow, and am currently 24.4 lbs down since surgery (no pre op) I enjoyed a day of healthy eating today, and a lovely 90 min walk by the Water. I do find myself mourning over yet again being on liquids for 2 days then mushies for 2 days after that. My first day back to eating normal includes going to a friends tasting party...good Lord. At least I have my sister going wig me, as my supporter, as on one else at the party will know about my surgery...but I will look fab in whatever I choose to wear! ;-) I'm nervous about the fill...has anyone found it to hurt? I'm a pro at getting blood taken, so I'm hoping its similar...also looking forward to finding out if there is any saline in my band now...I kind of think there is only bc I have gotten "semi" stuck a few times...a few times on tuna on a triscuit, and a few other items, such as baby carrots. I'm not sure if it is really considered "stuck" because after a few mins, it goes down. But in those few mins, my heart races and I enter panic mode with chest tightness. Has anyone had this??;

Hi there- horsegirl, I didn't find it to hurt at all, and I'm a big baby. It was easy. The PA felt for the port, and a minute later said, "I'm all done!" I knew I had saline in during surgery, but didn't know how much. It turns out I had 5 cc's in at surgery (14 cc band), and they do fills 1 cc at a time after- though I'm going to try to convince them to do 2 cc's in April. If not, oh well. I'm just looking to get to my sweet spot quickly!!

LOL Kymie at Weapon of Mass Destruction (literally!!) I'm glad you get your second fill finally! My band's name is Magic, because even though I know it's not a magic fix, it's magic to me!!!!

Erica- how did your surgery go???? I hope quick and easy!!

Where is everyone! I need support, people!! Magstoyou, NC2NJ. Daybydaybaby- and EVERYONE ELSE!! I need YOU!!! LOL Post post post!!!

Hi ladies! I have my first fill tomorrow, and am currently 24.4 lbs down since surgery (no pre op) I enjoyed a day of healthy eating today, and a lovely 90 min walk by the Water. I do find myself mourning over yet again being on liquids for 2 days then mushies for 2 days after that. My first day back to eating normal includes going to a friends tasting party...good Lord. At least I have my sister going wig me, as my supporter, as on one else at the party will know about my surgery...but I will look fab in whatever I choose to wear! ;-) I'm nervous about the fill...has anyone found it to hurt? I'm a pro at getting blood taken, so I'm hoping its similar...also looking forward to finding out if there is any saline in my band now...I kind of think there is only bc I have gotten "semi" stuck a few times...a few times on tuna on a triscuit, and a few other items, such as baby carrots. I'm not sure if it is really considered "stuck" because after a few mins, it goes down. But in those few mins, my heart races and I enter panic mode with chest tightness. Has anyone had this??;

Hi Elizabeth, not sure what time your appt is today. I had mine done on Thursday evening. They took me to the x-ray dept. stood me up on the fluoro table, he stuck me in the port, added saline, checked it on the fluoro and realized he put in a little too much, took some out, checked it again, of course, while I drank some barium. That was it. 24 hrs of liquids. I did feel some restriction for the first time but from what I'm hearing, it's due to the procedure and being a little swollen {?}. Other then that, nothing more. I feel good. I'm sure you'll do fine. Congrats on your great loss.