Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

Elizabeth, how funny is that? Do you think the hospital was in cahoots with the commercial in some way or another to give you the incentive for the future? haha Notice, I'm still online here, haven't gotten on my treadmill but now have Nutrisystem on now. Ugh! I was slow moving today and now I need to get my butt off the chair and get on the treadmill. How are you feeling? I hope you're getting better with the antibiotics.

I'm on the back end of the month, only 2.5 weeks out PO. My 2nd f/u appt with my surgeon will be this Thursday. I was told at that time I would find myself being more hungry but still will have to wait the 5-6 week fill. I'm learning alot from those of you who are a few weeks ahead of me, re: exercise, drinking, and breaking down and having cravings. I am a salty person. Sweets are not my major issue. Speaking of GS Cookies, a week after I had my surgery 3 Girl Scouts came ringing my doorbell! ha! I bought the cookies and told them once I pay for them, they can have them! Even though I'm a "salty", that doesn't mean I won't eat the sweets! I also do jogging/power walking on the treadmill and realize it might be a little too much for me as it takes a lot out of me after I shower and ready to get on with the day. I too think I'm burning more calories and not taking in enough calories. I've also been reminded on here that the first month is for healing, not totally losing weight and I guess I just have to be patient and just walk on the treadmill. Doesn't help that while I'm writing this, Brazillian Butt lift and Zumba is on TV! I can't wait until I can really rev up the workout and that's a good thing.

I donated my personal boxes of cookies as well but couldn't get the family to do the same..luckily the kind of cookies they like I DONT..so it kind of works out. lol.

I'm learning to be patient too its been a long time since I actually enjoyed working out but slowing down right now is just the right thing to do during this phase.

LOL, my 6 year old told me that I needed a Brazilian Butt lift. I too am hungry at about 2 hours- my fill is the first week in March I think. I am really trying to watch what I eat and white knuckle it- and logging everything.

Hi Nicole, I'm 4 weeks post-op and I am hungry after about 2hours too. I'm scheduled for my first fill 2/24. I'm exercising about 4-5x's a week. I'm also losing very slow but I realized I'm burning a lot of calories and not balancing with the proper amount of calories coming in..I slowed down my exercise a little by doing 2 days toning 2 days light cardio (I was doing spin class and hi intensity cardio classes and run/power walk treadmill). I realized I'm still on the "soft food" stage and definitely not intaking the calories I need to work out that hard. After I slowed down my intensity at the gym I dropped 5 pounds in a week. I know that will level out real soon. I've realized I have the rest of my life to pick up the intensity so right now I'll enjoy light steady workouts to build a routine.

My day is something like: Slimfast low carb Protein Shake for Breakfast, 2% cheese & 98%fat free turkey lunch meat or tuna/light mayo for lunch, slimfast mid day and either chicken/fish with a veggie for dinner and Water throughout the day. If I need extra I'll mix in a Sugar Free Chocolate pudding or Jello or eat a yogurt. The pudding seem to fulfill my sweet tooth believe it or not.. I'm a Girl Scout leader and have about 20 cases of Cookies in my living room right now...TORTURE!! but I just say "not know, I can maybe enjoy a sweet cookie down the road, just not now"

BTW I tried a higher calorie/low carb Protein shake from the gym and it tore my stomach up..gas pains all afternoon and night (lesson learned big time)

I have not been counting calories, I have been counting protein and water only. I guess I should be paying more attention to calories. I have also been tired after a workout, but I workout after work and I am already tired to start with, but I push myself to do it. Besides I have to send my cardio heartrate tracking to my personal trainier 3 times a week and I can't fake that!! It keeps me accountable. I don't like many of the higher Protein Shakes, and reading the reviews most of them give you the runs and you loose the protein anyway, so why bother. I have tried one of those "shots" of protein, they are disgusting, but I wasn't able to drink my morning shake due to my stomach x-rays, so I tried the shot, I almost threw it up! I will try the pudding idea, maybe that will help curb the cravings. Sounds like you don't do a mid-morning snack how in the world do you make it from b-fast to lunch????

I have not been counting calories, I have been counting Protein and Water only. I guess I should be paying more attention to calories. I have also been tired after a workout, but I workout after work and I am already tired to start with, but I push myself to do it. Besides I have to send my cardio heartrate tracking to my personal trainier 3 times a week and I can't fake that!! It keeps me accountable. I don't like many of the higher Protein Shakes, and reading the reviews most of them give you the runs and you loose the protein anyway, so why bother. I have tried one of those "shots" of protein, they are disgusting, but I wasn't able to drink my morning shake due to my stomach x-rays, so I tried the shot, I almost threw it up! I will try the pudding idea, maybe that will help curb the cravings. Sounds like you don't do a mid-morning snack how in the world do you make it from b-fast to lunch? ???

How do I make it from b-fast to lunch?.. sometimes Barely! LOL I wait till I'm at work to have my Protein Shake and I hold out as long as I can (my mornings tend to be hectic) so I'll wait until 9 or so to have it. Then about 11 I try to drink another bottle of water to hold me till lunch. Sometimes I may just grab a sugar free Jello. I don't count calories either, I'm terrible at food logging. Oh those shots of protein..is worse than anything I've ever tried.

Nicole- have you tried the Unjury Protein? Their chocolate splendor really does taste like chocolate milk to me. I use an immersion blender in the morning, takes 2 seconds and no lumps or grit. I ordered the trial pack- 2 chocolate, 2 vanilla, 2 strawberry, 2 unflavored and 2 chicken broth. I like the chocolate alone, like the vanilla in smoothies, the chicken broth tastes just like lipton to me (yay), haven't tried the strawberry or unflavored yet, but I hear that the unflavored really is unflavored and can just amp up the protein.

Remember, if you take in more than about 25 g protein, the body can't process it and it's just wasted. Spread it out. If you have a Protein Shake in the morning, some greek yogurt and some fish or chicken, you probably won't have any issues with getting your protein in. And protein is important for muscle health, to keep your hair!! and for weight loss.

And I love my immersion blender for these shakes, and I also ordered one of those containers with the shaker ball thingies in them off Amazon. Got good reviews, and I figured that might be good for on the go.

I am getting hungry, but powering through. I know right now it's my willpower, and I've lasted this long on diets before- I just know with this one as I get properly filled it will be easy to eat within my calorie range and it will stay off, so a little white knuckling at the beginning is worth it, and I expected it. It's funny the mental games I play- with valentines candy all around, I remind myself that I just had surgery to lose weight, and if that doesn't mean I'm serious about it this time, I don't know what is! I did have a homemade brownie last night, but I logged it and still didn't go over my calories.

Also, on the logging thing, I log on my phone on my "my fitness pal ". It's awesome, I log all my food and so far I haven't had to put a single thing in. I even searched berkley and jensen (BJ's store brand) chicken and it had the exact thing. I went to panera bread and looked up some menu items on it before I went to plan, and it had everything. So far I really like it. it also keeps track of your nutrients, so tracking protein is easy, and it tracks my weight loss progress. And it's free, LOL! It's easy cause my phone is always with me, and it keeps me honest and on track.

K, is that a long enough post??? LOL

Cheers to all of use who survived Valentine's Day!!!

I work in a school district and today wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I almost took a personal day, but figured I might eat out of boredom, so I went to work. I stayed out of the staff room and the main office and I did not attend any classroom parties. Last year I went from one party to another collecting goodies. I survived the day and really didn't crave anything I did see. I saw a co-worker opening up a heart candy and thought, "if I'm going to break my diet, it is not for one of those fake chocolates!!!" I will save that moment for a bit of one of my kids Godiva Cheesecake from the Factory!!! We go once a year and it is worth waiting for!!

So today I had my 1st slice of pizza in 2 months!! I ordered Round Table Guinevere Garden on thin crust (it is so thin it is like a cracker!) I slowly nibbled on it, chewing well and stopping when the crust stopped being crunchy! I was able to stop eating when I 1st felt the signs of being hungry and I never dipped it in the ranch!!! I was even able to just throw out the crust!

Oh and I tried on a pair of pants I haven't worn in 7 years and they fit!! Well mostly, the waist is a little tight, but that will just remind me to keep working!! It beats wearing my baggy pants with a belt and still having to pull them up!

I would say this was a very successful day!!! I go in for my 1st fill Thursday and a weigh in!! My personal trainer is going to do my measurements on Tuesday, I am soo excited!! I know I have lost inches!!

Nicole- have you tried the Unjury Protein? Their chocolate splendor really does taste like chocolate milk to me. I use an immersion blender in the morning, takes 2 seconds and no lumps or grit. I ordered the trial pack- 2 chocolate, 2 vanilla, 2 strawberry, 2 unflavored and 2 chicken broth. I like the chocolate alone, like the vanilla in smoothies, the chicken broth tastes just like lipton to me (yay), haven't tried the strawberry or unflavored yet, but I hear that the unflavored really is unflavored and can just amp up the protein.

Remember, if you take in more than about 25 g protein, the body can't process it and it's just wasted. Spread it out. If you have a Protein Shake in the morning, some greek yogurt and some fish or chicken, you probably won't have any issues with getting your protein in. And protein is important for muscle health, to keep your hair!! and for weight loss.

And I love my immersion blender for these shakes, and I also ordered one of those containers with the shaker ball thingies in them off Amazon. Got good reviews, and I figured that might be good for on the go.

I am getting hungry, but powering through. I know right now it's my willpower, and I've lasted this long on diets before- I just know with this one as I get properly filled it will be easy to eat within my calorie range and it will stay off, so a little white knuckling at the beginning is worth it, and I expected it. It's funny the mental games I play- with valentines candy all around, I remind myself that I just had surgery to lose weight, and if that doesn't mean I'm serious about it this time, I don't know what is! I did have a homemade brownie last night, but I logged it and still didn't go over my calories.

Also, on the logging thing, I log on my phone on my "my fitness pal ". It's awesome, I log all my food and so far I haven't had to put a single thing in. I even searched berkley and jensen (BJ's store brand) chicken and it had the exact thing. I went to panera bread and looked up some menu items on it before I went to plan, and it had everything. So far I really like it. it also keeps track of your nutrients, so tracking protein is easy, and it tracks my weight loss progress. And it's free, LOL! It's easy cause my phone is always with me, and it keeps me honest and on track.

K, is that a long enough post??? LOL

where did you get your Injury Shakes? Do they come in ready made? I have one of the blender balls! It is great on the go, but I always forget to grab it, so I have been drinking the ready made shakes by GNC called Total Lean. I bought a case of 12 today and it was $21, not too bad. I have the powder at home for nights and weekends, it is not too bad. I like the vanilla in my coffee in the morning. But I am always up to try something new!!

thanks for the tip on the "my fitness pal" I have actually paid for a few only to be disappointed. I wish they would have one that you can scan the container and it finds the info!! We shop at costco a lot and most of their stuff is not in any of the program I have used so far.

How do I make it from b-fast to lunch? .. sometimes Barely! LOL I wait till I'm at work to have my Protein Shake and I hold out as long as I can (my mornings tend to be hectic) so I'll wait until 9 or so to have it. Then about 11 I try to drink another bottle of Water to hold me till lunch. Sometimes I may just grab a sugar free Jello. I don't count calories either, I'm terrible at food logging. Oh those shots of protein..is worse than anything I've ever tried.

so you do eat anything 1st thing in the morning? I am starving when I wake up. Hopefully that will go away with a fill!! Oh and I got some sugar free pudding and it is tasty and adds protein!!! Thanks for the suggestion!!

Elizabeth, how funny is that? Do you think the hospital was in cahoots with the commercial in some way or another to give you the incentive for the future? haha Notice, I'm still online here, haven't gotten on my treadmill but now have Nutrisystem on now. Ugh! I was slow moving today and now I need to get my butt off the chair and get on the treadmill. How are you feeling? I hope you're getting better with the antibiotics.

Find some good music to get you in the mood to move!! I listen to my ipod while I change into my workout clothes and find myself dancing before even get my shoes on!! Good Luck and keep us posted!!

nicole i know exactly what you mean i am also 4 weeks post opt and i get cravings but although i dont have anything in my band i definatly cannot eat a lot but still feel guilty giving in my biggest temptations right now is ice cream or like starbucks fraps but i have found this sugar free decafe mocha mix(30 calories) and fat free/ sugarfree whip cream(5 calories) and sugarfree Hershey's chocolate syrup( 5 calories) AND all together in a glass of milk is 9 grams of Protein smile.png i have just been looking for better alternatives hope u can fine some for your weaknesses as well good luck and congrats on the weightloss ......ps i think we had surgery the same day jan 4th?

We did have surgery on the same day!! How are you doing? did you get your 1st fill yet? Did you survive Valentine's Day? Your concoction sounds yummy, but I tried another suggestion of sugar free pudding and it was good!! maybe on a weekend I'll try your recipe!!

most of the time its easy for me to ignore the candy as Im allergic to nuts and most times the boxes are chock full, but breakfast burritos and donuts, are tempting, so far I've been able to stay away from both. There was one day there was a pizza party at work, and I had one slice and only ate the toppings off of pizza. was good. I have to stop and ask myself, do I want it because Im really hungry or because its there... hmm001_huh.gif

Hi Everyone! After almost two years researching and checking out this site, I was finally banded about 4 weeks ago ... and I wish I hadn't waited so long to take the plunge! I'm still trying to figure out how to update my profile and information, but looking forward to learning and sharing with all of you. Congrats to everyone.

FreesiaC

Find some good music to get you in the mood to move!! I listen to my ipod while I change into my workout clothes and find myself dancing before even get my shoes on!! Good Luck and keep us posted!!

Nicole, I am sooooo a "music" person. I have a playlist just for exercise music and you are correct, as soon as I plug in my Ipod, I am dancing to get into my gym clothes. I've been on the treadmill and elliptical everyday now for a week, powerwalking/jogging for a good 35 min. And the beat goes on........