Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Iband With Gastric Sleeve Plication

Thanks, Kels, that's about what I eat and I though I was over eating!! They say 1/2 cup of food should do it!! I guess I'm doing good!!

Go for the plication Shap!! it's great!!

The login with same credentials as here issue has been resolved.

I'm not going to *require* it but I definitely would appreciate if you start using SPT for Plication, Imbrication and iBand discussions. We've mixed other WLS surgeries on LBT in the past and it's ended up causing quite a few controversies and headaches. That's why I started VST. The current topic at hand actually belongs on both forums, since it's a combinitaion of both procedures wink.png

Its still not working.......

I'm not even going to try again!!

If the band is a restrictive procedure why would I want more restriction with the plication I do want to eat less but I also want to feel like I'm still eating.

Shap. have you asked your dr.? I feel full longer because the stomach below the band is not as big as it used to be!! There is no more pain added doing this and is still part of a study to see how this benefits us and so far the outcome is more weight loss!! Let me know when you make your decision!! I hope you really consider this for your journey!! Oh and you will feel like your still eating!! I just ate about 1/4 chicken breast, 3 table spoons of pea salad and 3 tbls. broccoli casserole...and I'm stuffed and very satisfied!!

Teri

The process of getting restriction with just the band can be difficult. The benefit of the plication is that you get restriction right away, but you don't have to worry about being too tight, it's like you never hit the red zone. But as some of the people who just have plication can tell you, they sometimes feel that they loose that feeling of restriction after time and that is where the band comes in, when you go through the process of getting fills, you will start to feel restriction again but the danger is that you can still become too restricted. In addition to the restriction issues, plication also helps to prevent cheating the band, even if you eat slider foods or haven't started getting fills you only eat a limited amount. It could even be possible to get to goal without a single fill.

In addition to the restriction benefits, early studies have shown that plication may help to prevent complications such as slippage and erosion which is a huge benefit on it's own.

It's true that this is still an investigational procedure but not many people have an opportunity to get this done and I would encourage you to take the leap, I don't think that you will regret it.

Michelle

I will be meeting with my Dr. Next week to discuss the issue. My dr. Just started doing these and I was offered to be put into the trial to have it done. The NP said the main benefit is the rate of weight loss is faster. I don't think that alone is a reason to have it done. Am I missing something

It's just extra insurance and no extra cost. While many people are successful with the band, the reality is that there are many people who aren't successful either through their own fault or through no fault of their own. Plication gives you a greater chance to be successful, yes there is the added benefit of possibly losing weight faster. On one hand I can understand that if that was your main concern you would have chosen a different procedure, but I think of plication like a free hit in blackjack, it doesn't hurt your hand but you have a chance to improve your hand and possibly come out ahead in the end

Hi Im new here, I had the iband 6 days ago. I keep getting an awful pain that lasts for like 10 seconds and then goes away. I usually feel hungry when it happens but I also think its gas related because it is getting less and less frequent each day. It usually is in my chest or stomach. Anybody experience this? I had a lap band 6 years ago that eventually slipped. I only lost 40lbs with it.So my new doctor took out the old one and did a banded plication. I have to say I am still hungry but I am able to control it more. I lost about 15lbs so far, but I am really sticking with the doctors program. Its really just a tool and about sticking with the rules. So hopefully this will help me!

Shelly, I like the way you think! teeth_smile.gif I just finished all of my pre-op appts and will have to go in for my last visit with doc to plan my surgery date. I have already asked him about the plication and I plan to get it. I don't want it for faster weight loss ('cause that will only bring more questions from others that I don't want) but for the lesser chance of band slippage and Less chance for fills. That's the appealing part to me. AND....if there should ever come a day that my band has to be removed, the plication can stay, according the Doc. So many reasons to get it, in my opinion. I don't look forward to a few more possible days of nausea (per doc) but I know it will be worth it in the end. smile.png

Hi Im new here, I had the iband 6 days ago. I keep getting an awful pain that lasts for like 10 seconds and then goes away. I usually feel hungry when it happens but I also think its gas related because it is getting less and less frequent each day. It usually is in my chest or stomach. Anybody experience this? I had a lap band 6 years ago that eventually slipped. I only lost 40lbs with it.So my new doctor took out the old one and did a banded plication. I have to say I am still hungry but I am able to control it more. I lost about 15lbs so far, but I am really sticking with the doctors program. Its really just a tool and about sticking with the rules. So hopefully this will help me!

Sounds like you are taking too big of bites or not chewing good!! I take my first bite and since my stomach is not used to it I also take a tiny sip of Water and it will wet it a little more and it will go down better!! You will loved the banded Plication!!

I had a similar pain in the early days. I think that it stopped after about a week and a half. I think it usally happened in the morning before I had anything to eat or drink

Sounds like you are taking too big of bites or not chewing good!! I take my first bite and since my stomach is not used to it I also take a tiny sip of Water and it will wet it a little more and it will go down better!! You will loved the banded Plication!!

Actually I havent had to bite anything yet! I am still on liquids.It usually happens when I am getting hungry. Its so weird. I also had a hiatal hernia repaired.

Edited by djlec96

Actually I havent had to bite anything yet! I am still on liquids.It usually happens when I am getting hungry. Its so weird. I also had a hiatal hernia repaired.

I'm sorry I misread!! It is probably the gas I had gas pains (from the gas they use) until about the 4th day!! At one point making me sick, that night my grandkids said they heard me burping (in my sleep) from the other room. The next day I woke up and felt brand new!! I did have to go in and have a little Fluid removed so that the gas could escape! That seemed to be the trick!!

I'm sorry I misread!! It is probably the gas I had gas pains (from the gas they use) until about the 4th day!! At one point making me sick, that night my grandkids said they heard me burping (in my sleep) from the other room. The next day I woke up and felt brand new!! I did have to go in and have a little Fluid removed so that the gas could escape! That seemed to be the trick!!

oh ok, I don't think there is any fluid in band yet, I thought it might be from the plication. Hopefully time will tell if it goes away. It feels better after I drink something.