Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Iband With Gastric Sleeve Plication

Guys and Gals, let's take this conversation over to http://SleevePlicationTalk.com/ please. You can log in with the same credentials you use here.

I am unable to log in with existing credentials

My bad!! That feature will be working again later this eve.

My bad!! That feature will be working again later this eve.

Thank you! so with any further discussions in regards to the iBand or Lap Band with Gastic Imbrcation/Plication we will need to chat with the folks in the other forum? :( I really enjoy the folks here and this is where I got my start! Thanks! I will just need to watch both forums!

I am to be banded on Jan 30th. I saw the NP at my surgeons office today and she offered me the band with plication why did you chose it and what are the benefits to having it done in conjunction with the band

I chose the Implication because it is supposed to be more effective and less hunger and feel fuller longer!! I love it so far!!I'm so glad I made this decision!

I am to be banded on Jan 30th. I saw the NP at my surgeons office today and she offered me the band with plication why did you chose it and what are the benefits to having it done in conjunction with the band

I chose the imbrication because it is a little more insurance for me for no slippage, or will need as many fills- It is also completely reversible like the Lap Band- not that I want to reverse it.....I also chose that because of the research I did- it helps lower the Gremulin hormone (the one that tells the brain FEED ME!) so you are not as hungry as often......My surgeon is reducing my stomach by 30% next TUESDAY!!!! Im on my pre-op liquids now.......I will let you know more info after surgery!

I will be thinking of you next Tuesday!! I actually liked the pre-op diet!! Although real food taste good!! Keep in touch with me after your surgery.....I'm so excited for you!!

Thank you! so with any further discussions in regards to the iBand or Lap Band with Gastic Imbrcation/Plication we will need to chat with the folks in the other forum? sad.png I really enjoy the folks here and this is where I got my start! Thanks! I will just need to watch both forums!

The login with same credentials as here issue has been resolved.

I'm not going to *require* it but I definitely would appreciate if you start using SPT for Plication, Imbrication and iBand discussions. We've mixed other WLS surgeries on LBT in the past and it's ended up causing quite a few controversies and headaches. That's why I started VST. The current topic at hand actually belongs on both forums, since it's a combinitaion of both procedures ;)

the credentials are not working still

sad.png

We here on this topic are not interested in other weight loss surgeries, that is why the title is for Iband!! I hope my friends will stay on our discussion and not go to a site that does not work!! I feel wee support one another in here not only on the board but in messaging!! Mr. Lap Band if we were wanting on your web site we would already be there!!

We here on this topic are not interested in other weight loss surgeries, that is why the title is for Iband!! I hope my friends will stay on our discussion and not go to a site that does not work!! I feel wee support one another in here not only on the board but in messaging!! Mr. Lap Band if we were wanting on your web site we would already be there!!

Here! Here!

I DO have a lap band and consider myself a lap band patient. I go to a lap band center (True Results) and had my procedure done by a Lap Band Doctor so I think this is where I need to be. The only difference it that I am part of a research study so I have plication in addition to my lap band.

And as an update - I still managed to lose 1 pound despite the fact that I've had some hunger and made some bad food choices these last 3 weeks. I had another 2ccs added yesterday for a total of 4cc's. I'm hoping to get to my green zone soon!

I agree- I feel as if the Iband is a lapband procedure that is NOT another form of WLS- these people are going to the surgeon of choice and being offered one more option than they originally knew of in regard to Lapband. They are not people with permanent plication or the sleeve. I hope they continue to post here if they in fact have the band, as that !is the main part of their procedure!!

Hey Terri, Glad you are doing better. I had lapband w/plication 7/7/11. That first week I did not feel too great. In fact, I wondered why I did this to myself. A bunch of gas and overall just miserable and then - poof 5 days later - I felt great. No pain, lots of engery and weight loss. I am now down 75 pounds and counting. I walk almost everyday, do crunches at night and am sooooo glad I had this done (lband with the plication). I did find that when I get a fill or eat too much, the pain returns (sometimes) to the diaphram or the left shoulder. A heating pad helps bunches ! I am still learning how to benefit from this proceedure but I have NO REGRETS ! Good luck on your journey and hope you feeling fantasitc today!

Melinda in Jacksonville

Congrats Melinda!!! I've lost 37 lbs. I feel it should go faster but I do remind myself that it has not been that long ago..Impatient I guess.lol.. But I feel great. I had my first fill last week and do not feel as hungry but I feel a little hungry more often. Did you feel this way? I have been walking every day and I also have a spinal stimulator and I can now feel it in the back of my hip and have developed a rash in that area (maybe just an allergy) to something I will watch it for a few day and if it does not get better I will go to Dr, I hope that pains you have go away, I'm lucky that about the 4th day all mine went away!! Thank you friends for supporting me with Mr. Lap Band!! I really like it here and know you all are here for me as I'm here for you!!

Shap - I will say that for me the benefit has been that during these first few weeks when my band is not in the 'green zone' the plication has kept me from overeating. I know many people can eat normally and sometimes over eat until their band is properly adjusted which may take months. It's been 8 weeks for me and my band is still not giving me much restriction. But the good thing is that I cannot physically eat a large meal despite this. For example, I was really hungry one day and found myself at the Taco Bell drive thru. I ordered 2 beef burritos but before I got three quarters through the first one I as uncomfortably full. So I'm thankful for the plication or I know I would have had them both. I ended up throwing the other one away.

My doctor says that he sees that the plication mainly helps by giving us that motivational boost and keeps the scale heading downward even in these first few difficult weeks. It's still in the investigational stages so keep that in mind, I mean there's still no long term studies on its effects. But so far I think it's great so if you're the adventurous type I say go for it!