Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Iband With Gastric Sleeve Plication

What is the difference in Iband with plication?

They reduce the size of your stomach below the Lap Band, so it's a win win situation!

Ok, thought I'd post in update. I am going into week six post surgery and I am friggin' starving! I had my first fill 5 days ago of 2cc's but I cannot tell a difference. I didn't have any Fluid in my band before that. The one thing that I notice is that I eat a lot less than I used to because of the plication but I'm still hungry. I had a moment of weakness and went to taco bell 2 days ago. I ate 1 beef burrito and was so full I could barely breathe afterwards. I was so dissapointed in myself but I weighed this morning and was still down 1.5 pounds for the week. So I guess the plication does help in that it is keeping me from really blowing it until I can get an adequite fill to stop the hunger.

Teri are you from Oklahoma? Close to Tulsa maybe? I ask because I am familiar with a Wing Stop in Tulsa.

I have felt great the past few days!! I have pretty much eaten what I want, I just get full faster! My energy level is so much better!! In my thoughts ahappiermommy!!!

Thank you :) Less than 24 hours til my surgery...doubt I'll sleep at all tonight, so the sleep tomorrow should do me good hopefully :)

I'm in Texas!!! It's ok Kels....I'd sure tell your Dr that your still hungry...I thought that the point of this surgery was not to suffer...lol I for one do not feeling hungry!! Keep me up ladies!!!

Thank you all for posting your experiences with lband and plication. I am almost done with all of my pre op visits so that my surgery can be scheduled. I have been thinking seriously about adding plication with band because if will help even a little with less chance of band slippage, or needing less fills, perhaps, it is well worth it to me. I don't look forward to extra days of nausea, like the Dr. says he has noticed with plication patients. Also, I hope I never have to have to band removed for erosion, etc, but if something does happen like that, at least I will still have the plication that will be left untouched and surely that will help me with eating less.

Sassy, I would if I was you!! I haven't talked to anyone yet that has has their's slip! Also chin up about the nausea, I had it once from the gas they use!! I'm sure if you over eat that you may experience this but just listen to your stomach!! When it's full, it's full!! I am eating anything I want now in moderation!! But again once this gas is gone you feel so much better!! I love the plication!!

Thank you, Teri! I love the support from these forums. I used to LIVE on these boards until I started the process for the band, then I was getting so nervous that I just quit coming on here and actually slowed down the band process by taking longer to get my appointments in. Mainly to really get my head wrapped around the fact that this IS happening. I am starting back on these forums and getting into my reading materials and getting as much info as possible from very helpful folks like you, so I know exactly what to expect, although my experience may be a little different since we are all unique beings. But thank you so much for your response. I will definitely keep checking in.

Please say a little prayer for me guys...really nervous about the surgery that is only 8 hours away. We were talking about it in the car tonight and my kids (3 and 7) chimed in from the back seat that they love me just the way that I am :) Then hubby said he does too....I almost regretted it at that point...but I think that I will be happier, healthier and a better mommy/wife in the long run. Just prayers please...above all else I just need to come through this and BE there for my babies and hubby :)

Ahealthiermommy, you are in my prayers. You may have had your surgery by this time ( 9:95 est.) But I just saw your post and wanted you to know that. May God bless you and keep you.

My thoughts and prayers are with you today "ahealthiermommy" My 10 year old granddaughter was really upset about me getting the Iband and said she wanted me to be the way I am,,,,Well just from the weight I have lost she is soo happy,,she see's that I will walk with her and also try to run and how much happier I am. She loves it now!! I think she thought that I would stay like I was when I came home from surgery and after I healed the was estatic!!

Hi ladies, thank you for the support, especially Teri, you are truly a caring person. The last 48 hours have been a rough ride but I'm sure that I won't regret it at all in the long run. Thank you once again for the prayers :)

Guys and Gals, let's take this conversation over to http://SleevePlicationTalk.com/ please. You can log in with the same credentials you use here.