Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Iband With Gastric Sleeve Plication

Banded 12/29, I went home about 8 hrs after surgery. I didn't know I got the plication until after I woke up. The procedure is very new here and my doctor adds it at no charge. I am so glad he did. I love it! I chose the band because the bypass and sleeve scared me. I felt the health issues associated with them made it too risky for me. Good luck in whatever you choose.

I don't worry about complications at all because I WILL do what my doctor advises, I will get healthy and this is the tool too get me there.

I don't worry about complications at all because I WILL do what my doctor advises, I will get healthy and this is the tool too get me there.

I love your positive attitude. Thanks!

Well by the liquids I do mean the shakes, sugar free pudding, low fat cottage cheese, and the soups!! I lost like 20 off doing this! Well I figure the 2 weeks before surgery I did it and lived so I figure i will try to get that extra push!! lol I will try anyway!! Fixing to go on a cruise and so I will start tmrw (we leave Saturday)and then when I get back!!

Terri, I hope you enjoy your cruise! Hope it's a blast! I have to start my 2 wk low carb diet next Wednesday, so I know I'll be having some of those liquids/soft foods as well. I will definitely have plenty of chicken and steak also. Who knows, I may be one of those that won't be able to eat such things very well, afterwards. 001_huh.gif . I know I will be craving some serious sweets, but I WILL do like I should. I want to make sure my liver is shrunk like it needs to be before surgery.

I'm having my iband done on April 2. I'm super excited and a little nervous. Is it as great as it seems?? Has everyone had good results so far? Anything I need to be aware of?? Thanks ;))

It's ok to be nervous!! I was too only to find out there was no need..lol The only thing I can think of to be aware is the gas pains after surgery!! This will go away!! My 3rd day after I burped like crazy and all was better!! I had a big burst of energy about 3 weeks after and joined a gym!! The gym seems to be the hardest part for me!! Blah!! But i'm still going!!smile.png

Terri,

Why do you have to get Fluid removed to go on a cruise????

The dr's office thought I was flying for vacation!! If you fly you do have to have Fluid removed!! Your stomach expands in the air~~ Since I was going on cruise I had a fill before we left!!

Hope everyone is doing great!!! tongue.png

How much have you lost so far? Has been pretty easy to lose or is alot of work? Have u been filled yet? Are there any foods u can't eat?? Thanks so much Teri! I can't wait! Keep up the good work ;)

I've lost 47! It has been easy, I just have to stay away from the junk foods, I still do not eat perfect haha. Having my 3rd fill the 28th!! Dry foods are sometimes hard for me! Like dry chicken but I take a little sip of Water if I need too!! I'm so excited for you!!

OK, I was banded with plication on 7/7/11 and I am down 80 pounds. I would have both again in a minute. That being said. The first 5 days, I questioned my own wisdom. I had gas pains and left shoulder pain and was miserable. Day 6 I was a new woman. I returned to work had energy to burn and have not looked back since. I have had some issues with sticking but that is my fault (don't eat too big or too fast). My weight loss was rapid at first and has now slowed to a regular weight loss of 1-2 pounds or less a week. Some of that is ME. I stopped walking due to winter and a bad cold. I also lost a bit of the "drive" that I had when all of this first began. I will find it again and that is the advantage of the plication - I can't go back to my old ways (I get full too fast). I still have some issues with gas and bloating but I understand that is normal with my new way of eating - it passes and then I am good. Good Luck with your surgery and your new journey.

Melinda in Jacksonville

Melinda--congrats on ur success! That's great! Thankyou so much for sharing all that with me. It makes me really positive about it. Are u able to eat anything or do u have trouble with certain foods? How many fills have you had so far?

Hi all, Just an update: Im not having those terrible pains anymore. You were all right! I think it was just gas pains.I had my band with plication on January 16 and I've lost @23 lbs. I feel like my weight loss is slow but I did have a revision from my lap band years ago. I definitly get full faster now, the plication works. I can however eat pretty normal. I haven't had a fill yet. So hopefully that will make a difference. Over all though I feel good!

I have had 4 fills so far and will probably get one in March (none since November). My doctor is one of those "non carb" people, well, that;s just not me. I tried and failed to be able to do that. I cannot each sandwiches- they just don't go down and once you have had a true sticking episode, you don't want a re-run of that (I have had about 6). chicken or turkey (if it is dry - white meat) sometimes give me a fit, I have learned to make some low-fat gravy and put it on top and then, no issues. I eat steak and I even had a slice of pizza yesterday - small bites and chewed well. My biggest problem is eating too fast or too big. I sometimes forget about the band and scarf my food and that gets me into trouble. Other than that - no problems and as far as I know I "can eat" just about anything - I know I should not eat some things that I still enjoy, but that is how I ended up overweight in the first place. With the band/plication I just don't eat as much - example: One donut hole instead of 2-3 large donuts...I hope this helps.

Melinda in Jacksonville