Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Iband With Gastric Sleeve Plication

excited to see several Texans, several using Dr. Smith.

As far as insurance approval, the miscommunication between Dr. Smith's office and True Results as a True PITA in the beginning, but now everything is great.

Rhonda said she was going to submit my insurance info on 2/29, but I called her a couple of days before to make sure she had everything, physc eval and all - she said she would wait until 3/1 because I had a pre-existing clause waiting period until 2/29.

Then on 3/5 she called at 5 PM to say she was just then submitting it. 5 days seems like nothing, unless you're the one waiting. I called her on the 15th, left a message - never got a return call. Called again on the 16th and they said she was out for the week and would be back Monday. I left a message on Monday finally reached her on Thursday... Somewhere along the line someone there told me to call my insurance company. (BCBS/OK) and they are the ones that told me about the approval.

When Rhonda finally called me back. I told her about the approval. She didn't have a copy of the letter but got it soon after that.

Still no one has been able to tell me about out of pocket, but I'm scheduled. Guess we'll see how that goes.

Welcome here Kami!! I had mine Dec. 21st..Dr, Smith. I have lost 57 lbs!! We're excited for you!! Who is your insurance provider? I have aetna and all I have paid is what my deductible is for the year!

Welcome here Kami!! I had mine Dec. 21st..Dr, Smith. I have lost 57 lbs!! We're excited for you!! Who is your insurance provider? I have aetna and all I have paid is what my deductible is for the year!

I have BCBS/OK and I know they cover 90% of the surgery. Any idea what insurance does as far as fills?

I'm pretty sure it's 80% and a fill after a year not sure how much it covers

57? wow, that's great. I have the same fears and feelings we all do about regaining what I've lost. After all, I have lost weight over and over again, like most of us.

So - my dear husband who claims to be 100% behind me just suggested I run go get fast food!

I'm on my pre-op diet, Soups and shakes. Had a shake for lunch, and Soup for dinner but it was early and I mentioned I wanted something... he asks what we have to snack on, and when I give him that "WTH?" look he suggest I go get something.... OMG!!!

57? wow, that's great. I have the same fears and feelings we all do about regaining what I've lost. After all, I have lost weight over and over again, like most of us.

I know!! I'm very pleased with the results!! You will feel so much better! I can't believe it's only been a little over 3 months!

So - my dear husband who claims to be 100% behind me just suggested I run go get fast food!

I'm on my pre-op diet, Soups and shakes. Had a shake for lunch, and Soup for dinner but it was early and I mentioned I wanted something... he asks what we have to snack on, and when I give him that "WTH?" look he suggest I go get something.... OMG!!!

LMAO!! Sounds like who I'm married too! I did alot of the sugarfree Popsicles and the sugar free jello!

I lost like 15 lbs pre-op!!

had 2 shakes, 5 bottles of Water, and two fruit bars today - Not a ton of calories but everything was sweet - would kill for something salty -

Surgery is Wed the 18th!

Thanks for all the helpful information. I'm in Tx also - the Houston area. I'm scheduled for the iband May 1st. Just wondering ladies, are you telling your co-workers about having the band. Im terrified of all the questions regarding weight loss. How are yall handling it?

I don't work but I would suggest to just be honest, surely the will be proud for you!! It s becoming more popular now...Cheers!!

had 2 shakes, 5 bottles of Water, and two fruit bars today - Not a ton of calories but everything was sweet - would kill for something salty -

Surgery is Wed the 18th!

Your doing great!! Have you some cottage cheese with some garlic salt!!

If you eat lunch at work with friends, you will probably want to share with them about your surgery. I did, because my eating habits have drastically changed. There are things that I love, that I can't have anymore. Also, mine are great cheerleaders for me on this journey. Good Luck.

I had my surgery on April 2. Several of the girls at work and I have talked about the surgery and we have all tried diet after diet. After I decided it was something I really wanted and went for my consult everything fell into place for me. I decided to tell my coworkers because it meant drastic changes with my eating habits. Working in a doctor's office, patients and reps are always bringing goodies and lunches. I knew it was going to be hard, but they are all super supportive. They are even been trying some of the things I do and they are loosing too. Talking about it also helps reinforce this new routine and new way of life!

Thanks for all the helpful information. I'm in Tx also - the Houston area. I'm scheduled for the iband May 1st. Just wondering ladies, are you telling your co-workers about having the band. Im terrified of all the questions regarding weight loss. How are yall handling it?

I'm also in the Houston area. I am researching which surgeon to use, and am really intrigued by Dr. Wilkenfeld bc of the gastric sleeve plication or iBand possibility? I haven't seen anyone else who does it in the Houston area. Is this why you went with him? My next question is your insurance going to cover this "new" type of procedure? I haven't been able to figure out if mine will or not, but I really hope so. I have BCBS IL. Any advice appreciated!