Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I love hummus, and all Mediterranian staff, I actually started licking on it much earlier than was supposed to after surgery.

I am putting it on the thin round slice of nice ripe Tomato.< /p>

Haha, that's funny because I was looking at it last night trying to think of what I could eat with hummus but I couldn't think of anything but crackers or pita bread..... sure looked good though :)

Browsed all posts and-

pugsx3

need2loose2

Ladies, you both say exactly what I feel.

Same story- banded 9/19, can eat anything, everything and anyone.:D The only restriction - I feel ashamed, so portions are small, and total calorie count is less than advised by nut.

As I did not feel any restriction or pain, I freaked out and didn't follow any of the diets strictly. Every now and then I would eat food from the step ahead. Feel like a sinner. First sin- 3 days after surgery ate spoon of Peanut Butter, then tuna salad, then 9 days after surgery instead of the shakes, I ate 16 oz cup of Soup with soft veggies, and nothing happened, except guilty complex.

Funniest thing is that I have lost 29,5 lbs ( since Sept.6).

And I noticed loosing more when I eat for e.g. broth, or creamy soup and 6-7 oz of soft-soft chicken and cup of soft veggies. On some occasions it would be 2 lbs a day vs miserable 0,5 lbs with starvation and suffering.

Though last 2 days I am not loosing an ounce.

It is not right, but it has already happened.

I was thinking of starting pre-op-like diet again, as if I am only planning to do through the surgery. And at least once in my life make it clearly to the end.

Or wait till the first fill ( another 2 weeks) and make it more severe after the fill, like 3-4 days on liquid and 3-4 on mushy instead of 2 days.

I'm having problems because I'm hungry all the time. I could easily eat just as much as I did before my band, and I'm working really hard not to gain back what I've already lost so I'm being really disciplined. I wish I could describe what it is I feel, but I'm not quite sure I can put it in words. It's kinda like I'm hungry (and no, it's not head hunger - I'm really hungery), but I feel "swollen" and bloated. Anyone else feel like that?

I think I've got a couple of problems

- First, I have always had a glass of something to drink in my hands at all times. Getting my fluids has never been a problem, and still is not. The down side of that is, I don't know how to eat without drinking. I'm afraid that the food I'm eating is going right through the pouch. This is so second nature to me, that I catch myself doing it even while I'm trying to be conscious of it. It's easier at home, because I just don't put a glass near when I eat. This is not an option for me at work, as I eat at my desk

- Second, I'm not eating enough Protein

- Third, I'm eating way too fast, again it's happening even when I try to control it

If anyone has any ideas on how I can get a handle on this, I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions! I only hope being conscious of this will help me in the long run.

Browsed all posts and-

pugsx3

need2loose2

Ladies, you both say exactly what I feel.

Same story- banded 9/19, can eat anything, everything and anyone.:D The only restriction - I feel ashamed, so portions are small, and total calorie count is less than advised by nut.

As I did not feel any restriction or pain, I freaked out and didn't follow any of the diets strictly. Every now and then I would eat food from the step ahead. Feel like a sinner. First sin- 3 days after surgery ate spoon of Peanut Butter, then tuna salad, then 9 days after surgery instead of the shakes, I ate 16 oz cup of Soup with soft veggies, and nothing happened, except guilty complex.

Funniest thing is that I have lost 29,5 lbs ( since Sept.6).

And I noticed loosing more when I eat for e.g. broth, or creamy soup and 6-7 oz of soft-soft chicken and cup of soft veggies. On some occasions it would be 2 lbs a day vs miserable 0,5 lbs with starvation and suffering.

Though last 2 days I am not loosing an ounce.

It is not right, but it has already happened.

I was thinking of starting pre-op-like diet again, as if I am only planning to do through the surgery. And at least once in my life make it clearly to the end.

Or wait till the first fill ( another 2 weeks) and make it more severe after the fill, like 3-4 days on liquid and 3-4 on mushy instead of 2 days.

I hear you!! I'm finding in the past few days that i can get many foods down with no problem, as well as larger amounts. Just yesterday we went to friends for dinner and i sampled some of the breaded chicken cutlets (they were pretty soft), 2 green Beans, and some Pasta and found it all went down easily. While i definately felt i could eat more, i stopped there because i didn't want to sabotage all the hard work i put in during my liquid stage when i lost weight.

At my 2 wk checkup on monday, the pa told me that since there is no fill in the band, more food will be able to get through so i should be really careful with my food quantities. She said it should take me 1/2 hour to get through a meal of a 1/2 cup..........NOT! I'm totally done in like minutes and want more! Regardless, i've got another 2 wks till my fill so i have to watch myself real carefully.

Wow! I feel lucky! My appetite has returned but not much. For example today for bfast i had Protein Shake, lunch was 1/4 c Fat free refried Beans and dinner was 1/4 c ricotta with 1/4 c marinara baked with a sprinkle of mozz but didnt finish it all. I did get hungry between bfast and lunch but 2 bites of greek yogurt and i was full. Maybe i am still swollen? Yesterday i made myself 1/2 servings and could not finish any of them. I do find myself struggling with head hunger in the evenings...wanting things like pudding or more beans but im not hungry just head hungry.

J

Banded 9/22

Amazing how many different posts I just read and can relate too ! One thing I noticed though is that it seems most have lost quite a bit of weight. I have only lost 13 since my surgery ( 9/14 ) Could you let me know if the big Sept. losers had a pre-op diet? I had none and am hoping that is why my loss is much lower than the 20 - 30 lbs some are having.

I also am chewing gum against my Drs. orders some things are hard to break. Giving up the caffeine and diet soda I thought would kill me. I need at least to hold on to one bad habit.

Not drinking with food has been very hard to stop because I drank Water through my meals constantly it's who I am. I am still drinking a little with my meals because since I haven't had a fill everything is going straight thru anyway so I figure whats a little water gonna do. I will stop that when I get my fill on Nov. 8th.

Just got back from a weeks vacation and lost 3 lbs which is unusual because vacations always meant YEAH food, food and more food !! I did have some (several glasses) wine and with a total of only 400-500 calories in my stomach it can be some trip.

Good luck to all Sept Bandsters

One week since surgery! I thought I would be feeling much better but not really what I was expecting. I did way too much today and is suffering cause my left side hurts to move! I have progressed to pureed food. What a wonderful feeling not to be on only liquids. I don't know if everyone else experiences this, but anytime I eat something I have to burp and I mean burp--loud and long.

On the positive side between the one week pre-op diet and the week after surgery on liquids as of yesterday I am down 16 lbs---Yeah!!!!!!!!

Hi Erika 78, one week and on pureed foods, go girl go. I had to wait until week three or day 15. Anyways, that happened to me too. I was helping my hunny clean up, and got carried away. And I was in horrible pain, but in do time you will be feeling great. I had my procedure on the 16th of Sept. So far I am in love with my band and my weight loss. With the burping, I know it could feel nasty, but girl let it out. It is good to let it out, that gas is no joke. I burp and pass gas so often, TMI. Lol. But it is true, and I just let it out. Congrats on the 16, enjoy releasing the weight.

Chrissy

On Day 8 Post OP and had to sit through dinner watching Mom and sister eat pizza and mojo potatoes while i had spinach Soup.< /p>

not fun.

I finally understand what it feels like to be one of my dogs at meal time!

other than that i am not doing so well on the liquid diet!

I'm getting the Protein Drinks in!

but I am incorporating more and more soft and mushy foods than is recommended.

Bah!

I just get so hungry

and my Blood sugar gets low so i've had to stop taking those meds!

My appetite came back full force about day 5 post op

so i've been struggling since then!

I am also having my "lady" time of the month, so i am supper crabby

and craving everything!!

(Sometimes I wish I could be a man for this week)

I also discovered one of my "stop" signals which is a full feeling in my right back side, and a shortness of breath (like an internal gasp)

Sorry for venting!

Its just one of those things!

rant.gif

DRCS, i am down 30 pounds total but 10 of that is post surgery. You are doing great!! Keep it up. Everyone's journey is at a different pace. You can do it!

J

Banded 9/22

I was banded on 9/21 and am frustrated. I lost about a lb. a day after the surgery and was excited. The last few days I gained 2 lbs and I can't get it to budge. I am adhering to my diet. I'm not experiencing head hunger. I haven't cheated. I'm doing my walking. I don't feel like I'm being starved. I just can't lose another ounce. Any suggestions?

Hi All,

I'm 11 days post op and just wonder if anyone is feeling what i am. I still have a good amount of pain not at my incision sites but my actual port location. I can see my port, i can feel it, and it is very uncomfortable. I haven't taken pain meds in days because all i have left is liquid Tylenol. Bending over hurts, reaching arms above my head hurts. Ive been going for walks just about everyday, just 30 mins, but that hurts. I was doing 3-4 miles a day and now it's 1.5. Just wondering if it's normal? If so, i can deal with it. Thanks.

Hi All,

I'm 11 days post op and just wonder if anyone is feeling what i am. I still have a good amount of pain not at my incision sites but my actual port location. I can see my port, i can feel it, and it is very uncomfortable. I haven't taken pain meds in days because all i have left is liquid Tylenol. Bending over hurts, reaching arms above my head hurts. Ive been going for walks just about everyday, just 30 mins, but that hurts. I was doing 3-4 miles a day and now it's 1.5. Just wondering if it's normal? If so, i can deal with it. Thanks.

Sorry you are feeling so bad. I was able to feel my port at 11 days post op and it kinda stuck out, but I was not in any pain at all by then. Everyone has a different pain threshold but I think that maybe by now you shouldn't be having that much. It might be time to call the Dr and find out if they think it's normal. I sure hope the pain goes away for you soon!

Amazing how many different posts I just read and can relate too ! One thing I noticed though is that it seems most have lost quite a bit of weight. I have only lost 13 since my surgery ( 9/14 ) Could you let me know if the big Sept. losers had a pre-op diet? I had none and am hoping that is why my loss is much lower than the 20 - 30 lbs some are having.

I also am chewing gum against my Drs. orders some things are hard to break. Giving up the caffeine and diet soda I thought would kill me. I need at least to hold on to one bad habit.

Not drinking with food has been very hard to stop because I drank Water through my meals constantly it's who I am. I am still drinking a little with my meals because since I haven't had a fill everything is going straight thru anyway so I figure whats a little water gonna do. I will stop that when I get my fill on Nov. 8th.

Just got back from a weeks vacation and lost 3 lbs which is unusual because vacations always meant YEAH food, food and more food !! I did have some (several glasses) wine and with a total of only 400-500 calories in my stomach it can be some trip.

Good luck to all Sept Bandsters

I did not have a preop diet like most others here. A week before surgery, i needed to have 2 Protein Shakes for 2 of the meals and then have a sensible high Protein and low carbs for the 3rd meal. 3 days before i was on full liquids and 1 day before was just Clear Liquids.

I agree about most things going down well. I'm trying to be real careful with food choices but i've gotta tell ya, after having to be on the liquid diet, i'm really happy to be sampling foods i thought i could never eat. Of course, while i'm eating, i'm paying very very close attention to my band. When i feel the slightest tightness in my chest i stop completely. My first fill is Nov 7 and am really nervous about it.

Hi All,

I would say totally normal. Some people heal a lot faster than others. I on the other hand felt pretty crappy for a good 2 weeks. I was in more pain than I thought. I was banded on the 12th of Sept and I just within the last week can say I feel 100% normal but I didn't expect for it to take that long. You pretty much described how I felt. I was stretching this am with my hands above my head and was thinking how nice it was that I could stretch without it hurting. Take your time :)

Hi All,

I was banded on 9/21 and am only having pain around my port area too. it is still swollen and hard (about 6 in x 6 in area). Feels like a brick is in there. The incision is healing fine and there is no sign of infection. I had the surgeon's nurse check it on 10/3 and she says it is normal. The area is shrinking and getting softer but it hurt so badly last night I almost went back on the Lortabs. I did go back to work Tuesday and worked some long days. I think I may have overdone it. I'm taking it easy this weekend,

I was banded on 9/21 and am frustrated. I lost about a lb. a day after the surgery and was excited. The last few days I gained 2 lbs and I can't get it to budge. I am adhering to my diet. I'm not experiencing head hunger. I haven't cheated. I'm doing my walking. I don't feel like I'm being starved. I just can't lose another ounce. Any suggestions?

I have decided to weigh myself once a week only for that very reason. I'd be down 2 and then up 1 and then up again and then down...........i couldn't stand it. Especially now that i'm eating more.

Sounds like you're doing everything right. I think our stomachs and bodies need to adjust to each eating stage. Good luck! :)