Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Something is wrong - Not sure what I'm doing but my weight loss has stalled when I started on pureed. I was doing great on the Protein Drinks. Since last Wednesday it is just stopped but it looks like maybe I have lost 1 lb. I lost 14 lbs in the first 14 days after surgery and then it just stops??? I don't get it and it is frustrating.

I have picked up my walking and drinking more Water (doctor said I was dehydrated) but I was still losing good with that.

Has this happened to anyone???????

I was banded on the 15th - I am still on liquids and my weight loss has also stalled ... every day I either go up or down the same 1/2 lbs ... I think its best if we weigh ourselves on a weekly basis ... Glad to hear I am not alone ... You've lost 14lbs - Keep up the great work ... the weight will go down.

Something is wrong - Not sure what I'm doing but my weight loss has stalled when I started on pureed. I was doing great on the Protein drinks. Since last Wednesday it is just stopped but it looks like maybe I have lost 1 lb. I lost 14 lbs in the first 14 days after surgery and then it just stops??? I don't get it and it is frustrating.

I have picked up my walking and drinking more Water (doctor said I was dehydrated) but I was still losing good with that.

Hi Marebeth,

YES, it is happening to me and I feel your frustation.....

I was banded on the 7th of September so I am about 3 1/2 weeks out. I lost 9 lbs the first week post op and have not lost anything since. I am very frustrated and don't

know what to do. I am on soft table food that you can cut with a fork. Everything goes down fine, no problems. I had my 2 week post op last week and they told me I was not

eating enough. Really?? I am having @ 700 calories a day, 50-60 grams Protein and 60 oz liquids per day. No more Protein Shakes and not hungry.

What am I dong wrong???? Does anyone out there have any advice?? Should I eat more, less..??? I thought the whole philosophy behind the band was to eat less and less as you get more and more restriction. Well, if I'm eating less now and not losing is this gonna work for me?????

HELP!!!!!

Something is wrong - Not sure what I'm doing but my weight loss has stalled when I started on pureed. I was doing great on the protein drinks. Since last Wednesday it is just stopped but it looks like maybe I have lost 1 lb. I lost 14 lbs in the first 14 days after surgery and then it just stops??? I don't get it and it is frustrating.

I agree. I got very frustrated when i was weighing myself every day and decided to weigh myself once a week from then on. It's much more gratifying when you do it that way.

How much longer do you have to be on liquids, wannabe? I was banded on the 19th and today i go to mushies.

Something is wrong - Not sure what I'm doing but my weight loss has stalled when I started on pureed. I was doing great on the Protein drinks. Since last Wednesday it is just stopped but it looks like maybe I have lost 1 lb. I lost 14 lbs in the first 14 days after surgery and then it just stops??? I don't get it and it is frustrating.

I a in the same boat too. I keep losing and gaining the same pound when I weigh. I just transitioned to soft foods last week. I don't have a fill till Oct. 25th and my band only has 1 cc in it from the surgery so I figure when I am eating regular foods and have restriction I will be good. I am not too stressed about it but it is frustrating for sure! It sounds like a lot of us are going through this phase so hopefully a phase is all it is :)

Goodmorning, I as most of you has stalled but I am so happy that I have lost 14 pounds that I will never see again, our bodies are adjusting so now I will weigh in weekly and get in my half hour of exercise daily. Good luck, I am on stage 3 foods from Wednesday.

I can't really complain because I have lost 26 lbs between the pre-op and post-op periods so I am just going to have to be patient :) I know it'll come though :)

I haven't stalled yet and am down 23 pounds since preop diet began on Sept 1. Hopefully I will continue to lose at a slow pace, which is what I wanted anyway. If I could just make myself exercise everyday I know it would be better. But I am working on it and hopefully will do more each passing week.

Had my 2 wk post op appt. All is healing well. I am now on mushies officially.

Just had a fluffy scrambled eggs with cheese. The PA said it should take me a half hour to eat my meals but i totally went through 3/4 of it before feeling full!! Anyone have this as well?

Any meal ideas for this stage? What are you all eating?

I got mushies last Thursday, but my Dr said I only needed to do mushies for a couple of days, then I could slowly transition into "real" food, because I told him that under no circumstance will I puree meat in a blender before eating it. He said to start with ground turkey meats, and avoid beef as it's hardest to digest. He expected that I wouldn't be able to eat a lot, but he was wrong.

I've found that I am starving out of my mind, and eating way too much. I wont torment you with everything I've eaten, just know it's things I should not have eaten. I don't feel any difference from before surgery in the amount of food I am capable of and wanting to eat. Combine that with feeling like I got let out of liquid jail hell, and I want to eat everything I was craving for the past six weeks, which I tried to do this past weekend. I was too chicken to step on the scale this morning, but I know it wouldn't be pretty.

I am in desperate need of some help with my self control. I know I'm the only one who can exercise self control for myself, but I'm not doing it. I feel like I got the band 'cause I knew I had no self control, and now I'm undoing all of the good I did during my preop/postop period. If anyone has any ideas on how to stop myself - please help!!!

It's not good that so many of us are stalling some but it is nice to know that I am not alone. I just had to voice my frustration and am concerned I am doing something wrong or it's not kicking in. I think I will mosey over to the forum on Lap Banders from Sept 2010 and read some of their success stories and profiles on weight loss. Maybe looking back at their 1st and 2nd month I want to see what were they doing and eating to be successful (especially those successful losers!) I'm getting 68-80 Protein, up'd my fluids to 64+, low carbs and calories between 600-800.

Any ideas on what I might change, I'm listening! I am walking and do core for my abs but started doing small weights with my arms. Nothing special. Just trying to get my post op strength back and it's coming.

As for my overall total weight loss I have nothing to complain about - Since pre-op diet on Aug 15 to now I have lost 28lbs. The battery in my scale quit and we bought a new one but it is still acting up. Since I started my journey to lap band surgery 4 years ago (yes 4 yrs!!!) I have lost a total of 64 lbs.

I had my first big test the last 2 days and not like you might think. I am a photographer and went on a 4 hour shoot about an 1.5 hour away. I drove too. As I was concerned about my pre-op habits when I do my shooting - I had a tough time remembering to keep sipping. I planned it ahead of time to get all my Proteins in early in the day. Shoot was at 4pm. Took an ice chest with 2 Atkins Protein box drinks and bottled Water. It was a tough night, I was exhausted and had to quit 30 minutes early and very sore on Sunday. Then yesterday I had committed to a photo shoot but it was easier except I was exhausted again but we were done when that happened. Guess I need to keep pushing myself to get there. Both nights I had some warm pureed Clam Chowder when i got home.....ahhh it was so good. I slept like a baby both nights.

Like the rest of you, I have been stalled for the last week or so. I am not super-concerned, because they (me doctor and nutritionist) told me to expect this as we transition to soft foods and real foods - the way they explained it, our bodies just need to readapt to real food, and so for most people, this transition is our first "plateau".

For me, what it boils down to it: I know I am doing the right thing. I have less than 950 calories every day, I drink between 64 and 80 oz of Water per day, and I am exercising 4 x per week (not anything major, but I am making a point of doing **something** 4 times per week, even if it is just a 20-30min walk, which is a big step up for me). I am getting stronger and healthier - I can FEEL the difference. Eventually my body will catch up. And that's okay with me. I picked the band over the bypass because I want slow, stable, healthy weightloss, along with a lifestyle change that I can maintain. So this works for me. smile.gif

So I made the trek over to the Sept 2010 banders forum - searched for plateau. I read several posts about stalling around week 3 to 6 weeks out from post-op. I even read about plateaus later like 4-6-8 months down the road too. Hey, it happens on ever diet. We are all in this together - and will get thru it to the other side. I think I was so excited about the 14 lbs I lost in the first 14 days - I thought it would at least keep going better than a stall.

Anyone in a stall right now......be sure to keep your food -fluids-exercise records so that when you have a weight drop - look back on what you were doing - then post and let us know. All our bodies are different and they are adjusting so we may all get out of the plateaus differently. Hopefully sharing our experiences can possibly help someone else to kick start their weight loss out of the stall.

I'm going to SIP< SIP< SIP< SIP< Happy SIPPING!

What're you all eating for your meals???

A good day. I'm off benedryl from the allergis reaction. The fog is gone! Went for a 30 walk and then drive my car! Got some more Vitamin zero to drink as plain Water grows tiring.

I have lost another three pounds. I read of those who have stalled so I'm preparing myself for the same. I do remember in my research that the first six weeks after surgery are not the time for regular weight loss. I thought it wasnt until our bodies recovered and we got a normal fill before weight loss became regular, so hang in there and stay on the diet you've been given.

I'm not feeling hungry between my three meals a day but I have increased to 3 oz pureed meat and 1/2 c of veggies. So my calorie count is finally going above 600. I think once the carbs get added in I should be around 1,000 calories a day.

Now I just need to get more active!