Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had surgery on the 27th and I'm still having shoulder pain. If it weren't for the gas pain i wouldnt need the liquid pain medicine. The incision pain isn't that bad. But I made a mistake and got on the scale. I havent lost an ounce in three days. That was disappointing. But oh well. I think my body thinks it's starving because I'm on Clear Liquids only so I'm only getting in about 250 calories a day.

Don't feel bad blessedmom! I actually gained 10 pounds in the days after surgery (couldn't understand how eating 300 calories a day could make me gain weight!) On the 3rd day I was able to start adding Protein Shakes to my clear liquids and once I started to get my Protein in and to get closer to 1000 calories a day, I started losing. You are probably still retaining fluids from the IV. Make sure that you get your Water in every day and you will be back to losing in no time. I had my one week post-op appointment today and am actually down 10 pounds from my surgery date so lost all the gained weight and then some!

I agree with Steph it is the IV fluids from surgery. I was weighed before and after surgery and I weighed 6 lbs more. Then the next day in the hospital my stomach swelled up like I was pregnant and it has slowly gone down. I am so surprised just the last few days how much my upper stomach has gone flat. I lost 14 in 14 days so you will do great!! just keep doing it and know it will all catch up with you. My calorie intake for the 1st 2 weeks was at 600 and for the next 2 weeks it is 800. Carbs are kept to under 30.

Had surgery on the 27th and I'm still having shoulder pain. If it weren't for the gas pain i wouldnt need the liquid pain medicine. The incision pain isn't that bad. But I made a mistake and got on the scale. I havent lost an ounce in three days. That was disappointing. But oh well. I think my body thinks it's starving because I'm on clear liquids only so I'm only getting in about 250 calories a day.

See!

Congrats on the weight loss too!

You are awesome!

Had my first post op with surgeon today. Port is not infected. Im such a worry rat. Good thing is that the med asst that usually checks you in, does your vitals, weight, etc well she was running late so the nut did that. I got to chat with him for a bit. He said i am a little dehydrated. My pulse was a little high as well. Dr said i am doing beautifully. He wants me to increase my fluids. Its so hard bc i cant get much down at once and if i drink too much i feel bloated. He wants me to slowly transition to pureed foods. So still no refried Beans for another week :(. I did have some egg drop Soup at lunch. Omg....so good. He was proud of my weight loss. I was 230 at my first appt with him and today i was 202. My first goal is to get under 200. I am so close !! I dont go back to dr in a month and if i want a fill we can do it then. All in all, good visit. Im gonna keep on moving forward.

J

I agree the iv fluids and gas cause a temporary weight gain. Give it a few days and you will see the scale move.

Don't feel bad blessedmom! I actually gained 10 pounds in the days after surgery (couldn't understand how eating 300 calories a day could make me gain weight!) On the 3rd day I was able to start adding Protein Shakes to my Clear Liquids and once I started to get my Protein in and to get closer to 1000 calories a day, I started losing. You are probably still retaining fluids from the IV. Make sure that you get your Water in every day and you will be back to losing in no time. I had my one week post-op appointment today and am actually down 10 pounds from my surgery date so lost all the gained weight and then some!

Hi all,

Was banded on the 27th. Im only 4 days post op and feel pretty good except for the shoulder pain. Im not really finding much relief, but oh well. The pain meds work but then im out of commission for a couple hours so this morning I'm trying to do without.

Hi, I was banded on September 21 and I am now a week and four days post op. I have been lurking around since my pre-op and wanted to continue my journey with my fellow September bandits! I am not hungry at all and really detest the taste of Protein Shakes, since I am on stage two of my post op diet, I have to be creative with my creamy Soups which I have mostly at lunch. I am feeling very good and looking forward to mingling and sharing our experiences together. Good luck!

weight.png

Surgery 9/19

I just realized I haven't posted for a few days! So, I got a UTI last week and the antibiotics caused a number of problems. First I had to go back on liquids because the heartburn happened for pureed. then I had an allergic reaction to the antibiotic. I woke up Tuesday with a red bloom rash on my abdomen. The doctor said to stop the antibiotics and start benedryl. So all week, I've been on benedryl 24/7. the incisions got it the worst and are still red from the reaction. The benedryl has slowed me down - can't drive, I'm foggy and I sleep more.

I saw my surgeon on Wednesday - he is happy with how I'm doing and put me on pureed foods - Protein, veggies and canned fruits. I think that is it weren't for the benedryl, I'd be up and moving and going places right now.

Hopefully, today or tomorrow will be the last days of benedryl.

I'm finding that the band is working - my surgeon starts with a little fill - and I feel full and stay full on three meals a day. I'm still entering my foods on MyNetDiary and it shows that I'm eating about 500 calories a day. If get any hungries between meals, I have applesauce, Soup or Jello and that holds me until mealtime. The nutritionist says that its normal to eat this little after surgery. I'm assuming that as my body heals and swelling goes down, that I will have more hunger until I get a fill.

I'm still working on patience and endurance to go thru this month of pureed foods and looking for ways to add variety. But I don't find myself thinking about food al the time, which I consider a blessing!

Hey guys! Glad to hear everyone is doing well. I was banded on the 19th and am feeling pretty good.....no more gas pains and little incision pain.

The liquid diet is really getting to me and frankly, i am hungry more often. The nut said i can have applesauce 2x a day but it's still not helping. Stomach is constantly growling. She says it's normal to be hungry with liquids cuz they go right through the band and that once i get on real foods, the band will do its job.

I have my first 2 week postop appt with the PA on monday. Am hoping i get the green light to go to the next stage cuz this liquid stage is killing me. :)

Don't feel bad blessedmom! I actually gained 10 pounds in the days after surgery (couldn't understand how eating 300 calories a day could make me gain weight!) On the 3rd day I was able to start adding Protein Shakes to my clear liquids and once I started to get my Protein in and to get closer to 1000 calories a day, I started losing. You are probably still retaining fluids from the IV. Make sure that you get your Water in every day and you will be back to losing in no time. I had my one week post-op appointment today and am actually down 10 pounds from my surgery date so lost all the gained weight and then some!

Thanks. I will stayboff the scale for a liitle while. Wont go to full liquids until Wed. Now I'm only getting in about 250 calories a day!

I was banded yesterday,

went for a walk at Ikea today for a few hours,

then a shorter walk at target.

Had dinner with grandma (steak) and mom (tilapia) at sizzler's while i had Soup broth.< /p>

no joke, not fun!!

Anyone else have or had a super sore throat after surgery?

anything I can do to make it feel better?

sugar free ice pops were helpful for me although mine was not severe and only lasted a day or so. Congratulations on being able to get out and go on day 2. I was no where near that shape on the 2nd day.

Drinking helps with the sore throat as well.

I was banded yesterday,

went for a walk at Ikea today for a few hours,

then a shorter walk at target.

Had dinner with grandma (steak) and mom (tilapia) at sizzler's while i had Soup broth.< /p>

no joke, not fun!!

Anyone else have or had a super sore throat after surgery?

anything I can do to make it feel better?

Good job going for a walk. I walked around a store a little the second day, but not IKEA. That think is massive :-) I didn't have a sore throat at all, but was expecting to have one. i had heard so many stories about it. I didn't think they put a tube down there since I couldn't feel the difference but my hubby says they did. I'd say try lots of warm liquids, that always seemed to ease my throat when I had a cold.

I'm still have the gas/shoulder pain. Its so annoying. I'm going for walks and moving around the house, but still its not clearing up. I tried to go without my pain meds, but couldn't do it. I did try over the counter Adult Liquid Tylenol and it helped some and didn't make me sleepy like the Roxicet does.

Banded 9/27.

Man am i hungry today!!! Maybe it's the anticipation of going to mushies tomorrow???????? Gonna grab some more soup.........

Thanks for the advice!!

I only really need the pain meds for my sore throat!

It makes me sound like an old lady (no offence to old ladies!)

I am eating blended chicken Soup since i am feeling super weak.

Went for another walk today, about three hours...

I know i need to rest more, but I am so restless!

Its like day 3 post op and i'm down the 6lbs i gained from the Iv fluids!

Down to starting weight!!

My dad has noticed that I am losing weight already,

but he is dying to tell everyone that I had this surgery!