Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Apology to LBT

First, I apologize to Donali for deleting my posts on the Ortiz thread. I used to have a bad habit of deleting posts, which drove people buggy, but I did it again and deleted myself from the now-famous Ortiz thread. Also, I promised never again to participate in an "LBT war," which is the direction that thread was going. I have to learn to keep certain opinions in the proper place. I'm still a work in progress, I am not perfect.

To me, that thread is nothing but an infomercial with inaccurate information posted only to placate the masses and gain business. But is it really my duty to point out the truth when I see dishonesty? According to too many people my truth is offensive. I opted for a more positive 2006 without all the tension and anxiety so part of what I need to do is to let the "eloquent bullshi*" slide from time to time. This is one of those times.

To those I offended on the other thread, I am sorry. I'm not here to hurt people. Perhaps Jesus believers understand what drives me (so I've been told.) Some of us had a calling, and mine was loud and clear. I have a natural born instinct to protect my friends and family. I'm the scout who goes first to see if it's safe, and I won't let loved ones through till the bad guys are at bay. When I see thorns I rush to clear a path so nobody gets hurt. But it's not an easy roll because sometimes people get trampled in the rush. It's like a real life episode of "LOST" where I've seen and heard things, and I want to warn others, but nobody will listen till it's too late and they finally see it with their own eyes. I can't save the world, and I'm learning that the hard way.

I've had more band related complications and surgeries than most people (there are others who have had it far worse than me.) So far only two of us that eroded (in my circle) have actually lost weight since band removal, while all the others are gaining or struggling to maintain. This scares the crap out of me to the point where I can easily see myself slipping back into anorexic or bulimic behaviors - or worse, 315 Poundland. Is it normal to walk around starving all day instead of having 5 or 10 walnuts to ease the pain? Is it normal to exercise 3 times in one day to get rid of the pound of crap I ate the night before? Is it normal that my weight/food issues keep me from falling asleep at night and then awaken me after only 5 hours of sleep? Is diet-related insomnia normal?

I am not normal. I may never be. I absolutely love what people wrote about me & Penni being welcome and loved at LBT. I won't leave, but I did leave that thread and will start from Square One, one day at a time, trying to avoid wars and conflict and focus instead on the support, love and encouragement I get from my family here.

First: I don't know what you wrote because after reading Dr Ortiz's post I left the thread and haven't went back. You are right; it did read like an infomercial. But I wouldn't apologize. Most of us WANT to hear the opinions of others, and for those who don't, they needn't read them. This site is about support and finding people who can offer wisdom about what you are going and have been through. Don't worry that others may take your remarks the wrong way; if you have the best of intentions, you are doing the right thing. Imagine if noone would talk about the complications associated with going to Mexico...scary! How can we help each other if we only talk about the good stuff?

Delarla just remember no one is perfect. You have never said or did anything to offend me in any matter. I can tell that you are a big hearted compassionate person who wants the good for everyone. I enjoy reading your posts and threads. If others don't like what you say or post then they can skip over your threads or posts. JMO

I for one applaud you for speaking your truth. Okay, I didn't read the thread, it's not my cup of tea, but I was put on earth to be a defender of people. I'm a taurus, loyal to the very, very end.

De, you've been a great source of information for me personally. Your candor about your experiences helped *me* personally to make my decisions about being banded.

Don't stop speaking your truth. When people are getting whipped up, that just means you are for sure talking the truth.....and truth makes people uneasy.

Stay strong my friend.

Okay, I didn't read the thread, since I don't tend to look at the hospital or doctor threads, which is where I assume this was.

Rest asured, that if you leave LBT, I will personally go to your house and drag you back here kicking and screaming.

No apology was needed. He had his opportunity to speak his mind (his livelihood is held together by his ability and integrity...so I would have written something, too!), and you have the right to speak yours. I think that there is a marked difference between ripping on other memebers in LBT, which would be slander, and expressing your position on a doctor, which is basically what you did. One is degrading, and one is common consumer protection. You are the consumer, and if you have evidence that supports a misconception he's stated, then speak what you know. They have government departments dedicated to following up on malpractice and rediculous medical coincidence. Take a look at QuackWatch.com and see for yourself.

I don't think the problem on that thread was you. I think the problem is the natural tendency we have to "one-up" each other in writing. Somebody will share an opinion about a subject...then somebody else twists that into something that becomes slanderous, exagerrated, eroneous.

It's all good, girl. Quit apologizing for speaking your mind. This is not a public television speech....it's your LBT family! Besides...you rode a bull and told Paul and I that we're hot...so you are now going to stay FOREVER! HA HA!

For goodness' sake, who wouldn't love our dear Delarla?

Jon

Oh girly,

I didn't think your posts were offensive or anything.

I get mad at people on here so often for not letting everyone express their opinions on things. There are TONS of people I do not agree with, or with what they say, but that is their opinion.

I think you apologizing is silly but that is my opinon.

You better not go anywhere! What would LBT be without you????

I look forward to your posts everyday!!!

Kelly, I'd be lost without you and my LBT peeps! Kryssa, my turtle sistah! Even though I don't come to the turtle place often, I also want hard facts, both good and bad. You can only wear rose colored glasses with certain outfits. The rest of the time you gotta see the gray to know the truth.

Maude, the reason I deleted my posts there is because I didn't listen to my own advice, which is to walk away and move on to another thread. I got sucked in and did this: "I think the problem is the natural tendency we have to "one-up" each other in writing. Somebody will share an opinion about a subject...then somebody else twists that into something that becomes slanderous, exagerrated, eroneous."

Hottie, that's not just a problem with the board, but that's the exact monkey that lives on my back and drives me to lash back. I get really defensive when I see incorrect information, and for one surgeon to claim there's only one band placement technique is a boldfaced lie. My surgeon "took what he learned in Mexico and improved upon it." Many others have said the same thing. When I saw all the folks thanking him for incorrect information, I snapped.

"When people are getting whipped up, that just means you are for sure talking the truth.....and truth makes people uneasy."

That's such a profound statement. I need to squeeze it into my signature line as a reminder to myself that no matter how honest or dishonest someone is, many people are afraid of the truth. Hmm, I should learn to play drums, get a rock band together and call us Truth Exposed. People would hate us so they'd buy our albums like mad!

I'm never leaving LBT, I just left that thread. I don't get intimidated by words on a screen. I would have crashed and burned without LBT. LBT is my Christmas and children and mom. Oh, and I've got lots of hot boyfriends here and deep, meaningful bonds with women who mean the world to me.

Jesus take the wheel!

The past 6 months since I have been banded have been wonderful. The most joyful part is coming to LBT and reading the posts. I have personal favorites on this site. I won't name them all but De Larla you are one of them. You have really helped me in accepting me. The weight, my birth defect, and just self esteem issues in general. You are My slumberpartyhostin'motorcyclin'mechanicalbullridin'whitegurlANGELinLasVegas! LOL I love ya! I wouldn't want that voice silenced. Some may be offended but to others you are their voice. My first PM to you and all you did was encourage me!!

Keep on posting. I will keep on reading. We all need to realize that we CAN agree to disagree on any topic. That is what makes this America!!(as I sing My Country Tis' of Thee):usa:

Lisa, We take this ride together, all of the names and words written by those names on this site have been an important part of my journey and we all take this ride together. Everyone chooses where they sit on the bus and everyone interacts on the bus based on who they are but we take this ride together. Some sit at the front some sit at the back some walk up and down the aisle and some take turns driving but we take this ride together. We live in an age were we can interact within or between continents and we are able to share thoughts from around the world and around the corner and we take this ride together.

My point is I am glad that I have found this site and I am glad that I have been able to read the words of these good people and I am gald that I am fortunate enough to be able to learn from people who know. You are one of those people and you are a person who sometimes drives and sometimes walks the aisle and sometimes you sit at the back or the front but what you bring to the bus is invaluable.

But the best part of this for everyone is that we take this ride together, not alone and not without worries but with support. So thanks to you and everyone else here for being on the bus and staying on the bus and allowing me to be able to share this experience and to Take This Ride Together.

I saw the post yesterday from Oritz and looked at it when it was fresh and have not been back since and will not just because I sensed it was going to raise havoc.

Now to you My Friend Lisa and of Course Penni - I have followed you all since the beginning of time besides others that I look forward to seeing thier posts - The good the bad and the ugly of the Band. You have once never been short with me you all have been and have gotten to the point and though here at LBT we can chose to read the post or skip over it that is our choice. If we disagree or agree at the end of the day I would still want to belive that we are still a family. If no one had kept harping on how important it was to have a scope done I would have never complained about all the problems that I was having to the doc but just would have agreed to fill / unfill. I am forever Grateful that I did go because we would have never found the Barretts. I am still trying to deal with that on a daily basis because I can not get a fill at this time and I struggle with just trying to maintain the weight. Some days are good others are not. I have been asked did the band cause it? I say no because I had reflux before now did it add to it? Will never know that answer - does not matter now.

But I love the opinions and the Challenges and most of all the people.

So If you ever decide to go I Will have to mention to Paul - Purple Bra

slumberpartyhostin'motorcyclin'mechanicalbullridin 'whitegurlANGELinLasVegas!

I second that!

You are My slumberpartyhostin'motorcyclin'mechanicalbullridin'whitegurlANGELinLasVegas! LOL I love ya!

I triple that! I seek your posts among other's and this site wouldn't be the same without you. That thread was out of control until Big Paul stepped in and brought sanity back to it. Now if we could just lock the thread and end the insanity!!

Delarla, you have passion and no need to defend it.

LBT has brought me plenty of laughs, smiles and tears - we rock as a community. :bananajump:

I second what Dee Dee said. When I was having problems you were the first one PM'ing me with your phone number in case I needed to talk it out. You go above and beyond with support for us. Love you Lisa!