Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Apology to LBT

Girl! You're crazy! Everyone is entitled to their opinion! If others don't like it, then they have the problem! I purposely stay out of threads like that. So I can honestly say I have no idea what you are talking about. I am here to have fun, meet interesting people that I have something in common with & hopefully to learn from other's experiences & mistakes! Keep having fun girlie! I'm with Dee here. If you have an opinion & want to voice it, do it!! That's what makes this America!

As the New Yorkers say, "Fo-ghettaboutit!"

Girl, you are such a ray of sunshine to so many of us here. I know that you and I are 2 totally different kind of people, but we have a deep and mutual respect for each other, and that's all that matters.

You are a wonderful and beautiful human being, and are well loved by so many of us here.

XOXOXOXO

I so know how you feel on this one.

I have spent 3 years learning not to inject my opinion loud and clear, to the exclusion of everyone else. I belong to a private MSN group, which is pretty much a mother's group online, we have all been together for four years or so and these women are my closest friends, as it has translated into real life as well.

But my golly, did I get in some "debates" in the early days. On things like private schools, which suburbs to live in, whether 4WD's ought to be driven in the city, anything you can think of. I can be very opinionated and I've sooooo often wished I'd just shut my damn trap, said one thing and not continued to argue and argue and argue. I dont know how these girls love me for what I am but they do. I have learned so much from the more broadminded and liberal attitudes others have and I'm a better person for it.

Not that I'm saying you need that - I'm just saying I understand that horrible feeling of regret when you think you've said too much.

I love your posts. You always have something considered and interesting to say and you're bloody funny to boot. You have absolutely nothing to apologise for. You've been through a lot and therefore I respect what you have to say on the matter.

Actually, the biggest part of my apology was for deleting my posts, which is something I promised I'd never do again. But I didn't delete them out of regret; I deleted them to calm the beast inside before I REALLY got nasty. Trust me, I have plenty left to say and it's taking enormous restraint to stay out of that thread, though I have been reading it.

I still can't believe anyone would thank Ortiz for posting a lie. There's not just one Lapband placement technique unless my research is inaccurate. I'm sure my surgeons were not lying when they said the original technique has been improved upon. But when that was questioned things went off the deep end. Why hasn't anyone quantified that statement with some factual evidence instead of twisting the entire thread as if all us eroded bandless people are sitting around wallowing in self-pity? Ortiz dug a hole, yet he hasn't been back to explain anything or answer our questions. Typical.

I never cried over the loss of my band. I stopped crying the minute I found out I was eroded and have been celebrating since the day the foreign device was safely out of my body. I thank my lucky stars for the 1.5 years my band worked but now it's up to me. The band did nothing to quiet the demons in my head. It broke me of some really bad habits like eating too fast and swallowing food whole. But it never stopped the severe and psychotic urge to eat late at night or eat past the pain. I ate when it hurt. I ate past PBs. I need another tool now.

Now that thread is debating diet lectures. Well let me tell you! I'm living proof that we never know enough about diet and exercise! I've had 35 years of diet counseling, nutrition classes, yada yada f-ing yada! Yet suddenly, the same old boring "count your calories and exercise" lecture stuck, and it's finally working. Dr. Billy didn't tell me anything new; he didn't put a new interesting twist on it, either. From the day I met Dr. Billy, all I did was roll my eyes at the nerve he had telling ME about calories and exercise. I knew it all; I didn't need some young hot doctor telling me how to diet. But yes, I did. Heck, maybe I was in a Morphine-induced state of meditation during my last lecture from Dr. Billy about staying under 1200 calories and exercising every day. But I've lost 13 pounds since that lecture. The same old boring lecture finally clicked.

It's never too late to learn the same old trick. Never.

It's never too late to learn the same old trick. Never.

You could be right. Maybe what I will need is another program someday. As for right now, I do not. And when I got my band that is not what I needed.

Lisa, you don't think everyone has a right to choose for themselves?

You may think I make foolish, stupid choices, but when it comes to MY body it is MY CHOICE. And I accept that it is my responsibility.

(Please note I feel that way about everyone and anything they want to choose that does not hurt someone else... ie, drinking, drugs, whatever.)

I am very happy that Dr Billy's words helped you. I've said it before and I'll say it again--I totally support you doing WHATEVER works for YOU!

And I'm sorry Lisa, but holding up a 12 pound loss as proof is totally flawed logic. Like you've never lost 12 pounds before. Like I haven't. Like I haven't lost 152 pounds without a band.

OMG, what the HECK am I doing arguing with YOU??? You are way too scarey for me to take on. :bananajump:

:yield:

I just want people to be able to make the choices they need to because MX was a good option for me.

**Note disclaimer and permission for a big "I TOLD YOU SO" from you to me if called for in the future.

DeLarla,

You have never been anything but supportive of me since I arrived @ LBT and I soooo appreciate you making me feel welcomed!

I respect your opinion... not that I always agree with YOU! I don't have to .. no more then you have to agree with mine.

DON'T GO ANYWHERE..... It would be way to quiet around here:eek:

"And I'm sorry Lisa, but holding up a 12 pound loss as proof is totally flawed logic. Like you've never lost 12 pounds before. Like I haven't. Like I haven't lost 152 pounds without a band."

Actually, Kare, I am holding up the "I LOST 12 POUNDS" flag for the first time in my life. I've lost 12 pounds by counting calories and exercise. Only this time I'm allowing myself to eat anything I want on occasion without hating myself. I had drinks and a splurge dinner on Tuesday, but I got right back on the wagon on Wedneday because Billy's tape keeps playing through my head. See, now I plan for splurges, which is something I always knew I could do, but Billy said it the one last time that made it stick. For example, today is Friday, and I'm always naughty on weekends. So I cut my Breakfast, skipped my milk, and had plain steamed veggies for lunch. Billy taught me to either be fat, or know my caloric intake and accept it.

Kare, I love you, Dork. But you missed a big point. Those of us (like Penni, Karen, etc.) PAID for a service that we did not get. What Paul said in his other post was brilliant in my opinion. Penni and I paid for a lifetime of care, and Dr. Lopez shook my hand as he sealed our lifelong deal. But once we got back to the US, he lied. The last thing Lopez said as he shook my hand and his associate hugged me was, "This is just the beginning of a lifelong relationship."

If all we needed was the band, then why isn't everyone at goal? And Kare, you can fight with me. I'll win though. HAHAH XOXO SMOOOCH

One more thing about, "I forgot, "You could be right. Maybe what I will need is another program someday."

Kare, Dr. Billy didn't give me anything new. He gave me the same old moldy lecture and boring, lifeless information. He gave me two choices:

1. Be obese.

2: Know your caloric intake.

Notice he didn't say, "Eat only 1200 calories." Instead he gave me that CHOICE that you're clucking about. Chose to be fat, or chose to eat 1200 calories. I get to wave the 12 pound loss flag because my CHOICE is option 2. Now put up your dukes and let's have a real fight and meet me in my weight loss challenge thread! Touche' or what?

Also, I made the choice to go to Mexico based on bad information. I didn't have the knowledge that so many patients from TJ were eroding. I didn't have any eroded friends or board members to warn me. Wild horses couldn't drag me to Tijuana these days based on what I've seen, what I know, and all the cases of erosion suddenly popping up from TJ. Not even wild horses.

Thanks Doc, but I ain't going anywhere. No way, I just got another pair of new pooh-kickin' boots. I'm on top of the world. And for the record, me n' Kare aren't fighting. Me and others... well, that might be another story!

And for the record, me n' Kare aren't fighting. Me and others... well, that might be another story!

So are we (you and I) fighting? LOL!!! Been there done that!!! Love ya girlie!!

Penni, are WE still fighting? I lost track. Maybe I should start a "Who's fighting with DeLarla" thread to keep count.

All in love n' fun. Well, most of the time.

Penni, are WE still fighting? I lost track. Maybe I should start a "Who's fighting with DeLarla" thread to keep count.

All in love n' fun. Well, most of the time.

WITCH!! HEHEHEHEHEHE!!!

And for the record, me n' Kare aren't fighting.

Damn straight. I am waaay too smart for that!

You obviously had a different approach & expectations than I. I didn't expect--or want--any kind of program, but I sure would want my doctor to take care of me during complications. As I recall your doctor didn't return all your calls or take care of the aftermath. I haven't heard of anyone having that experience with Dr Ortiz.

When it's time for me to get PS I will probably do it in TJ. And is it risky? Hell yes. It's risky in the U.S. as well!! Surgery is risky--that's what all those forms we sign are all about. At least the Mexican surgeons know any misconduct will spread like wildfire on these boards!

I think Mx is a valid option for those who want/need it. That's all I'm sayin.