Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The last thing I want to do is seem like I am a whiner, but I do have some legitimate concerns. Please someone tell me when does the gas pains end? Last night was so painful that I had to take the pain meds to sleep. Is there anything to move it?

Also, when I had some liquified Soup, I threw everything up. It made me wonder if what I am taking in, which is mainly liquids is being digested? I am not sure what full feels like, I just know that I am not hungry so I try not to push it. Yesterday was my day for full liquids (Day 3 after surgery), so I put some creamy soup in the blender to liquify it and was only able to take 3 spoonfuls. I was okay for about 1 hour before everything came up. The only good thing about it was that some gas moved up with it as well. The last thing is the itching around my incisions. That is one thing I haven't heard anyone mention yet, is there anything to do to relieve it? I know everyone's experience is different, I am just looking for some answers. I was so concerned about starting my weight loss journey that I overlooked the fact that this is surgery and recovery is never easy.

Lots of walking is all that helped me with the gas pains. Did your doctor give you and meds to keep you from feeling sick? If not I would call and ask for some. As for feeling full I wouldn't worry about that right now. Just get any fluids in you that you can. You must stay hydrated. Sip,sip,sip slowly anytime you can. I hope you feel better soon!

Itching with any wound is usually a good sign, it means you're healing. If you're not hungry I would just focus like Scott said on your liquids. Water, broth, Protein Shake if you can get it down. I won't say you're whining until you eat a bag of chips :)

it sounds like you are still swollen from surgery since you are bringing stuff back up. try drinking just warm thinned broth to see if that helps. also, the gas will go away eventually. try using a heating pad on your shoulders and get some chewable mylanta tabs, they help alot with the gas.

It will get better, and you can call your surgeon too. the itching around the incisions is normal. i put some neosporin around the incisions after i showered, not on them, but around them.

The last thing I want to do is seem like I am a whiner, but I do have some legitimate concerns. Please someone tell me when does the gas pains end? Last night was so painful that I had to take the pain meds to sleep. Is there anything to move it?

Also, when I had some liquified Soup, I threw everything up. It made me wonder if what I am taking in, which is mainly liquids is being digested? I am not sure what full feels like, I just know that I am not hungry so I try not to push it. Yesterday was my day for full liquids (Day 3 after surgery), so I put some creamy soup in the blender to liquify it and was only able to take 3 spoonfuls. I was okay for about 1 hour before everything came up. The only good thing about it was that some gas moved up with it as well. The last thing is the itching around my incisions. That is one thing I haven't heard anyone mention yet, is there anything to do to relieve it? I know everyone's experience is different, I am just looking for some answers. I was so concerned about starting my weight loss journey that I overlooked the fact that this is surgery and recovery is never easy.

Lots of walking is all that helped me with the gas pains. Did your doctor give you and meds to keep you from feeling sick? If not I would call and ask for some. As for feeling full I wouldn't worry about that right now. Just get any fluids in you that you can. You must stay hydrated. Sip,sip,sip slowly anytime you can. I hope you feel better soon!

Thanks Scott, the did prescribe something for the nausea, I had no choice but to take them last night. I have been trying to walk on the treadmill because it has been pouring outside since my surgery. However, I will walk more so that can relieve the pain. Thanks for the advice and I will keep sipping!

Itching with any wound is usually a good sign, it means you're healing. If you're not hungry I would just focus like Scott said on your liquids. Water, broth, Protein shake if you can get it down. I won't say you're whining until you eat a bag of chips :)

A big bag of chips wouldn't be whining that would be falling off the wagon. Thankfully I don't have the desire for foods and the drinking don't bother me even though I feel full. I have to laugh at myself because this is what I wanted. I wanted to get to the point of not being able to eat and eventually losing the weight, but I don't think I really though about what that meant. So really even though I am not feeling the best in the world right now, I need to be thankful because it is all part of my journey. Thanks for the encouragement!

GasX and movement were the key for me. I see that you are using the treadmill, but that might not take care of it. What I did was make sure that I got up and walked through the house at least every 30min. This is different than 20 min on the tread as you are not giving the gas a chance to build up over a period of time. My first couple of nights home the gas woke me up. I would get out of bed and walk for about 5 or 10 mins to calm it down,. During the day I did my thing and was OK, so I think movement frequently reallly helped. Good luck

GasX and movement were the key for me. I see that you are using the treadmill, but that might not take care of it. What I did was make sure that I got up and walked through the house at least every 30min. This is different than 20 min on the tread as you are not giving the gas a chance to build up over a period of time. My first couple of nights home the gas woke me up. I would get out of bed and walk for about 5 or 10 mins to calm it down,. During the day I did my thing and was OK, so I think movement frequently reallly helped. Good luck

Lots of good advice on here, and I'll ditto it, you need to walk. Walk outside, whenever you can. Its the best way to get rid of the gas. I had some pretty serious nausea for a few days after surgery, doc said that's normal, and I think you said you had a hiatal hyernia too, like me, and you'll be more sensitive because of that. Gas-X is good, I got the kind you stick on your tongue and it dissolves. Keep on the liquid diet until your doc says its okay to progress. One thing that kind of helped me was I strained hot and sour Soup from a Chinese restaurant, just ate/drank the broth, and it was great. Don't forget to drink your Protein drinks, that'll help also, if the doc says they're okay. Your body needs Protein to heal after the surgery. Best wishes :)

You're still swollen from the band placement, so eating anything too fast can cause it to bounce right back up. Sipping is your new way to drink or eat anything liquid. Take your time, even if it gets cold - you can always warm it up.

If warm liquids don't do it, try sipping a cold Protein shake instead. It may make the difference. Just because you're okayed for full liquids doesn't mean you're ready to eat them. And in a few days, the swelling will go down, the gas will be gone, and you can focus on the rest of things.

Hang in there. It gets better.

Dave

Dave is right. I was only suppose to be on clears the day of surgery but I had to stay on them for a week because I had so much swelling. Just take it easy. powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury has a Protein powder that tastes like chicken Soup. That really helped me. Drink hot tea... That helps too.

Just because you're okayed for full liquids doesn't mean you're ready to eat them. And in a few days, the swelling will go down, the gas will be gone, and you can focus on the rest of things.

Hang in there. It gets better.

Dave