Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm feeling great too. I don't have an appointment with my surgeon for a fill until the end of September, but for now I'm happy with that. I'm getting full after eating just a little, the weight is coming off, and I feel healthy!

My name is Bob. I'm married and have two children. I was banded Aug 15. Starting weight was 376, now down to 347.

Wow Bob that's fantastic Way to go. Tomorrow's my big day, hope I can do as well as you have done.

Blessings,

GG

Good luck, ncgg-5. Just keep as active as you can and you'll feel better faster.

Met with Dr. McDowell yesterday, 3 weeks post op. Have lost 13 pounds since surgery (not bad) and he gave me a fill. Boy was I ready for one. Was getting very difficult to ignore the hunger pangs I was starting to feel. On to the 2nd month in my life's new journey. Hope everyone is having as easy a time with this as I am.

Today makes my 2 week post-op mark. Feeling great no complaints........except I expected to lose more than I have. I am one to get easily discouraged, however I have lost a few pounds so I am proud of that. Hope all is well with you other August Bandsters. Oh yeah puree foods tomorrow.............YAY!!!!

Hello everyone! I was banded yesterday. I was 266 by the surgeons scale before the preop diet. Weighed in at 258.2 the day of surgery after a 1 week liquid diet. But my home scale weighed me at 271 and 263 so I'm just going to go with those numbers since I'll mostly be weighing on my own scale. I am 33 years old and I have 2 year old twin boys (3 in October) and an 8 month old daughter. Oh, and a wonderful husband. :) I look forward to getting to know you guys!

Hello everyone! I was banded yesterday. I was 266 by the surgeons scale before the preop diet. Weighed in at 258.2 the day of surgery after a 1 week liquid diet. But my home scale weighed me at 271 and 263 so I'm just going to go with those numbers since I'll mostly be weighing on my own scale. I am 33 years old and I have 2 year old twin boys (3 in October) and an 8 month old daughter. Oh, and a wonderful husband. :) I look forward to getting to know you guys!

I was banded yesterday too. I did not hava a good night, lots of gas. Sometimes I react strangely to pain meds and sure enough this one did the same. My body jerks and it wakes me up. I guess I woke up about every 15 minutes all night. I did get a nap this morning so I'm feeling better. Feels like I've done a millions crunches when I cough. I actually gained a lb too.

How are you feeling? I'm sure glad I don't have little ones to run after now. Do you have help?

3rd day post-op and I am so hungry!!! Already sick of Jello, broth, and popsicles. A few more days on Clear Liquids then i move to next stage.

I was banded yesterday too. I did not hava a good night, lots of gas. Sometimes I react strangely to pain meds and sure enough this one did the same. My body jerks and it wakes me up. I guess I woke up about every 15 minutes all night. I did get a nap this morning so I'm feeling better. Feels like I've done a millions crunches when I cough. I actually gained a lb too.

How are you feeling? I'm sure glad I don't have little ones to run after now. Do you have help?

I'm sorry you had a tough night. I woke up so nauseaus I thought I was going to vomit and I was freaking out. I ate a sour popsicle (which used to help with my morning sickness), and took a phenegran (I think that's what it's called) and was able to go back to sleep without vomitting. But now I'm paranoid because any time I drink anything, it's like it has to push it's way down. Almost like an air bubble in my chest. Could that mean that my band has slipped? I mean, it's not supposed to hurt to swallow liquids, right?

Missjoli, I think it is a combo of your throat being sore from intubation and your stomach swelling. I had the same thing for about 4 days post op. You've only been banded since yesterday?? Don't worry, it will ease up. My throat being sore and having cotton mouth was the worst of the first 2-3 days. It felt like everytime I took a drink, it would go down, disappear in my chest for a second and then get below my sternum and stop, expand, give me some pain, then slowly ease down. By day 5 that was gone and I was starving!

I'm sorry you had a tough night. I woke up so nauseaus I thought I was going to vomit and I was freaking out. I ate a sour popsicle (which used to help with my morning sickness), and took a phenegran (I think that's what it's called) and was able to go back to sleep without vomitting. But now I'm paranoid because any time I drink anything, it's like it has to push it's way down. Almost like an air bubble in my chest. Could that mean that my band has slipped? I mean, it's not supposed to hurt to swallow liquids, right?

Might be the air they used to inflate your abdomen. Try Gas X. I don't think it should hurt to swallow. You might check with your Dr. If it's like a sore throat that might be from the tubes they put down your throat during surgery. Today has been OK for me. Hope you feel better soon.

Who's in with me!? Let's start a roster!

Me: Caryn, 28 years old (29 on the 30th this month), starting weight and size was 240, size 20. Banded Aug 11th.

Question of the day: are you married and do you have kids?

My name is Renee. I was banded August 23rd. I am married with a child in college.

Thanks guys. It's not in my throat. It's like if I swallow something or take a deep breath I have a pain in my chest like there is an air bubble that is trapped. It only lasts a couple of seconds but it's painful. I'm guessing it's probably gas, but I've been walking like crazy and it won't go away!

Dawn is here and I was banded on Tuesday the 23rd. I was so nervous but it went well. Recovery is going quickly... I have a little stomach gas but that is it.

I only have one incision in my belly button and I think that is awesome. I started out 286 and now I am 264.... I had to do the six month monitored diet.

Hi,

I had a really hard time with my band the first week. I tried to turn to the boards for assistance, but I couldn't deny what my body was telling me. I went to my Doctor and he had to unfill the little bit of Fluid he added during surgery. I also had to get an IV for dehydration. It wasnt anything to worry about, but I had so much restriction that it seemed like the gas couldnt move. It got to the point that I couldnt hold anything down, so when i would go to throw up it was gas that would come up. Thankfully, once he removed that Fluid I was good to go and have been passing gas ever since.

Thanks guys. It's not in my throat. It's like if I swallow something or take a deep breath I have a pain in my chest like there is an air bubble that is trapped. It only lasts a couple of seconds but it's painful. I'm guessing it's probably gas, but I've been walking like crazy and it won't go away!