Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im shante Im from upstate ny. IM 23 (will be 24 in december) I was banded on August 12th. my weight on day of pre op visit on August 4th was 251. 20 days later on August 24 I weight 231. 20lbs lost!!! I havent seen anything under 240s in a longggg time!! superr happy! Im single no children!

Odd, I replied to this thread yesterday.

I was banded on 8/30.

My highest weight was 267, currently I am 252.

I am 33 years old, married with one 7 year old child.

Hey Augustinians! I have created a YouTube channel to catalog my weight loss progress and have made my first public video ever! Incredibly anxious yet excited about it as well - I am posting the link here so hopefully folks here at Lap Band Talk can support me as I begin this incredible journey http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY0shfHXbOQ

Cheers! xx

Hey Augustinians! I have created a YouTube channel to catalog my weight loss progress and have made my first public video ever! Incredibly anxious yet excited about it as well - I am posting the link here so hopefully folks here at Lap Band Talk can support me as I begin this incredible journey http://www.youtube.c...h?v=iY0shfHXbOQ

I was banded the day before you. I'm at 9.5 lbs total including pre op diet so I think you are doing great! Enjoyed your video. Keep posting them!

Blessings,

GG

Hi Im Christine from NJ. I was just banded 3 days ago (8/31). I am married with a 4 yr old daughter. My starting weight was 292. Weight at time of surgey was 286. My goal is to lose 100 pounds. I know it will take alot of work, but i am ready for it! I am still in the liquid week...cant wait for the "mush" week! Good luck everyone!

Mushies are great! Welcome and keep up the good work.

Blessings,

GG

Hi Everyone! My name is Madalyn from TX. I am happily married and have a 10 month old daughter. I am happy to say I barely made the group. I was banded on 8/30/2011. My starting weight was 229 and I am now 218. The day after surgery I felt great. It wasn't until the 2nd day after surgery is when I got the infamous shoulder pain; luckly it only lasted 24 hours. I am still in my first week of liquids and I think I'm doing okay. It's so freaky not being hungry (I'm sure that will change.) I am just bored with my options. On Tuesday I will be starting my mushies, and I can't wait. I really need more varity. I am so looking forward to this weightloss journey with my fellow A11's. I wish you all the greatest success and look forward to reading about everyone's progress. :D

I had that should pain too. Not fun. Mushies are so good after liquids for 3 weeks. I woke up from surgery hungry! Hand in there, not too much longer tiil Tues.

Blessings,

GG

Last week, I only lost 0.1kg, which is nothing really. I was a bit worried that I'd stopped losing weight until my first fill, but this week it's dropped off again. I don't weigh-in "officially" until tomorrow, but I jumped on the scales this morning and I'm already down 1kg :lol: Very pleased about that.

I started a thread yesterday about my first NSV - my neighbour stopped me in my driveway and complimented me on "getting skinner", which was thrilling! I'm fitting into clothes I've never worn before (bought them without trying them on and then found out they were too tight)... And a funny one - my bras are fitting better (less side/back fat), but my boobs actually look bigger! Because my belly is shrinking! FINALLY, I've been waiting for the belly to shrink for 4 years since my daughter was born!!! I stayed looking pregnant all that time!

SOOOO pleased with how this is all turning out!

Wow, you are really doing well. Isn't it great when we can get back into our "skinny" clothes. Keep up the good work.

Blessings,

GG

Im shante Im from upstate ny. IM 23 (will be 24 in december) I was banded on August 12th. my weight on day of pre op visit on August 4th was 251. 20 days later on August 24 I weight 231. 20lbs lost!!! I havent seen anything under 240s in a longggg time!! superr happy! Im single no children!

You are really doing well. Congratulations! Keep it up you must be doing it right!

Blessings,

GG

Hi!

I was banded on August 30.

I am so tired and pukey - I am hoping this gets better!

Oh, bless your heart. I'm so sorry you are having a bad time. Hang in there, it will get better. Mushies are very good after a liquid diet and they stay with you longer too. If you continue to feel pukey you might want to speak to your Dr.

Blessings,

GG

Odd, I replied to this thread yesterday.

I was banded on 8/30.

My highest weight was 267, currently I am 252.

I am 33 years old, married with one 7 year old child.

Welcome bethnixon! Sounds like you are off to a great start. Hope you are feeling well and getting ready for mushies.

Blessings,

GG

Hi! I'm EJ, 31, from the midwest, Nursing student/Clinical Research Staff. I was banded Aug 30....just squeaked in. I also watch the youtube videos of some of those mentioned above and I have my own to document my journey and for accountability. Cheers to the August All Stars 2011!

Hi EJ, welcome. Hope you are feeling well and doing great. Keep us all posted on your progress.

Blessings,

GG

Thanks GG! Congrats on the 9.5 lbs. Are you still on the mushie stage?

Hey Augustinians! I have created a YouTube channel to catalog my weight loss progress and have made my first public video ever! Incredibly anxious yet excited about it as well - I am posting the link here so hopefully folks here at Lap Band Talk can support me as I begin this incredible journey http://www.youtube.c...h?v=iY0shfHXbOQ

I was banded the day before you. I'm at 9.5 lbs total including pre op diet so I think you are doing great! Enjoyed your video. Keep posting them!

Blessings,

GG

Who's in with me!? Let's start a roster!

Me: Caryn, 28 years old (29 on the 30th this month), starting weight and size was 240, size 20. Banded Aug 11th.

Question of the day: are you married and do you have kids?

My name is Tammy, I was banded 8/23/11. I have 4 children ages 21,18,16,13. Divorced!! Only 2 left in the nest. My starting and heaviest weight was 222Ibs and I am 205 today. I start back to work today, so we will see how it goes(my job is physically demanding) . I still have no strength and energy though, I'm concerned with this, but I guess everyone heals at a different pace. My incisions are finally healing, so 2wks after, I guess I heal slower then most.

Thanks GG! Congrats on the 9.5 lbs. Are you still on the mushie stage?

I am still on mushies but I can make mushies out of a lot of things! Had a hamburger with mac n cheese and fresh green Beans yesterday. I've also eaten a lot of chicken salad pureed. Yesterday I had a spoonful of banana pudding and key lime pie! It all went down smoothly. My Dr told me last week to gradually go to real food at my own pace and he's see me back in 3 weeks and I should be eating by then. Love him!

When can you come off mushies?

Does anybody use a Protein Drink that tastes good? I cannot find any shakes that I like and I'm not getting enough Protein in every day. I understand there is a Protein Powder that you can add to your own shakes that has no taste. Does anyone use that? Help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

GG