Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wow I can drink anywhere from 9 to 12 cups in a day. I have a 24 oz tervis cup and tend to fill it 3 to 4 times a day. I dont have a fill yet so I hope I am still able to drink just as much. I will have to remember not to gussle my drink though.

that's going to be hard for me too once i get my fill. after i work out, i just wanna chug my Water - i've had a few stomach after chugging Water. it's not cool at all. haha.

I'm actually able to chug my Water. I guess I probably won't be able to after I get a fill?

I had my lap band at the beginning of August and have already had my first fill. Is anyone else having constant issues of soreness around your port? It had completely went away until I went back for my fill and the woman had to stick me twice. The first needle she moved around a bit in there so maybe that is what is causing the soreness. It kinda feels like bruising. I know I can over do things sometimes too. I so danced my bootie off this last weekend and I am sure I shouldn't have. I told the NP that there was soreness and she acted as if this was normal. I am ready for this to go away already..........but still worth it. Also my weight loss is crazy all over the place now. I don't think I get in enough Protein though. I still eat lots and lots of refried Beans because I know they are safe. I have had the unpleasant experience of a cucumber getting stuck because I was starving and didn't chew good enough. My fellow banded friend said not to worry about the weight loss so much until I hit the sweet spot because then it will fly off. Why must we get a little bit at a time instead of loading us up early on and backing down if it is too much? PHEW .....lol I guess I can quite whining now. Hope everyone else is awesome.

I think there are more people out there that secret eat than you think. I think you might do a bit better if you eat slower. I know it is crazy hard but just do it. Don't watch tv or talk to anyone because it will distract you. Really concentrate on when you don't feel hungry not necessarily feel full. Just try it a few times and you will be so proud of yourself for eating "right" that it will make you want to continue that behavior. We have all grown to have an unhealthy relationship with food and it will take a while to reprogram that. As far as the lap band helping.....give it some time. It takes several months to get to the point of restriction which will be when we see the help we were looking for. I don't think the doctors really prepare us for how long it will take to see the true results. Yes in the beginning when we are on liquid diets we drop quick but then it slows down or stops or sometimes goes up. This is temporary!!!!!!!!!! Keep the faith long enough to get to the sweet spot. We can do this! Don't be ashamed of the things you have done in the past or even currently. You have come to terms with the fact that you need help and you are actively trying to help yourself. This will be a bumpy road but so worth it!

Yes, getting in that Water is proving to be very difficult for me as well. But I'm bad and drink a little while I eat. Just a few sips here and there. Of course since last night I have NOT been a good girl. I have been stuffing myself to the point where I am super uncomfortable and its a bit painful. I want to kick myself in the face because I KNOW that I am once again sabatoging myself, but this time it will come at a MUCH higher price. I was so happy to see 180 FINALLY on my scale and now I'm backtracking??! UGH! :angry: So of course being this full, trying to get my Water in, is super hard.

I have always had a problem of being a 'secret eater'. How sad. A mother of 3. almost 32 years old and I secret eat. I'm the bulimic eater without the throwing up part. I hate it and its so embarressing. I thought that if I got this lapband, it would help, but it hasn't. My boyfriend is working out of town for the next few weeks and only home on the weekends, so I'm having like a free for all. UGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I just need to stop!

Sorry for the rant. :(

Incase anyone is interested I had 3 ccs on my first fill. The needle did not hurt but it was a little uncomfortable when she kept digging around in there. She kept trying to get saline out to see if the doctor had prefilled me. I told her he had not put anything in during surgery but she didn't listen. She opted to used a different needle because she didn't like the first one. This time she injected saline in and pulled it out only to say "oh it seems like he didn't put any saline in during surgery" Freaking really? I think I just told you that. Anyway I haven't felt a difference with the 3 ccs. I have learned that I cannot drink while eating which is crazy because I was taught to always drink while eating to digest food better. I have learned that I cannot eat scrambled eggs because they seem to gather in the pouch instead of going through the band which is strange. I could feel it getting uncomfortable so of course I drank Water because that is what my instincts are when something is stuck............ and I had to make a b line for the restroom. I am slowly learning I guess lol. I will gladly answer questions about fills if anyone has questions.

Incase anyone is interested I had 3 ccs on my first fill. The needle did not hurt but it was a little uncomfortable when she kept digging around in there. She kept trying to get saline out to see if the doctor had prefilled me. I told her he had not put anything in during surgery but she didn't listen. She opted to used a different needle because she didn't like the first one. This time she injected saline in and pulled it out only to say "oh it seems like he didn't put any saline in during surgery" Freaking really? I think I just told you that. Anyway I haven't felt a difference with the 3 ccs. I have learned that I cannot drink while eating which is crazy because I was taught to always drink while eating to digest food better. I have learned that I cannot eat scrambled eggs because they seem to gather in the pouch instead of going through the band which is strange. I could feel it getting uncomfortable so of course I drank Water because that is what my instincts are when something is stuck............ and I had to make a b line for the restroom. I am slowly learning I guess lol. I will gladly answer questions about fills if anyone has questions.

Secret eater checking in :P Trying to get my stuffing face non-stop under control. TMI ALERT- getting ready to start my monthly friend, so its always a struggle around this time. I seem to do fine until my babies are in bed and I'm able to relax. Last night was day 3 of eating...and eating...and eating until I was so uncomfortably full. UGH! WHY DO I DO THIS! I know there is no one to blame but myself and I know there is someone thinking "Stop complaining about it and just stop girl!" So much easier said than done. But I will try again today to do better, thats all I can do, right?

Have you tried adding a little milk to the scrambled eggs before you cook them? It makes them much more soft. I havent had problems eating certain foods, and have felt the lumo in my chest feeling maybe twice, but goes away fairly quickly. Is that the 'stuck' feeling?

Well the lump feeling yes but when something was actually stuck (cucumbers) it wasnt as severe.....at least once I threw up. I had the lump in my chest and got sick but I could kinda tell something was still there. It took two more trips to the restroom to remove the dang thing. Have you ever tried to drink something after you have lump in your chest? I have and it was major pain. I think I will just give up scrambled eggs for now. I have a banded friend that still can't eat scrambled eggs and it has been over a year.

I think you still keep eating because this is learned behavior. We learned to believe that fat people should be ashamed to eat food and especially any food that is unhealthy..........so we ate the stuff in private. It was almost like if others didn't see it then it didn't happen. Well you feel like because you have the band you should have all of this control and why would you eat bad stuff after everything you went through to lose the weight. So yet again you feel ashamed of what you are eating. I really wish the people that have been banded for a long time would get over telling the newbies that crap. If you think for one minute all of those bandsters were perfect and this new life style just fell right into place for them then you need to stop believing their lies. This false vision that you are not on the same track as everyone else is tail spinning back into old habits. Maybe you are even feeling a little deprived which is another reason people secret eat. You need new motivation to help you get back to better habits. Print pictures of people that you wanna look like. Give yourself a very small goal to reach. Go buy something a size smaller that you really wanna wear. Change you sleeping habits so that you are not awake for a long time after your kids. Find a friend that can really be supportive of you during this time. You are at least acknowledging your bad behavior with food now just work towards correcting it. If you are going to eat something bad just eat a little. As it stands you are torturing yourself with guilt. Maybe you can split your food up. Eat a little then go do something else like wash dishes. If you are still hungry then eat a little more. Just keep doing this and eventually you wont be hungry. Also trying brushing your teeth....for some reason this changes the minds want for more food.

I hope some of this helps and good luck. You do deserve this you just have to make yourself believe it!

Secret eater checking in :P Trying to get my stuffing face non-stop under control. TMI ALERT- getting ready to start my monthly friend, so its always a struggle around this time. I seem to do fine until my babies are in bed and I'm able to relax. Last night was day 3 of eating...and eating...and eating until I was so uncomfortably full. UGH! WHY DO I DO THIS! I know there is no one to blame but myself and I know there is someone thinking "Stop complaining about it and just stop girl!" So much easier said than done. But I will try again today to do better, thats all I can do, right?

Have you tried adding a little milk to the scrambled eggs before you cook them? It makes them much more soft. I havent had problems eating certain foods, and have felt the lumo in my chest feeling maybe twice, but goes away fairly quickly. Is that the 'stuck' feeling?

Well the lump feeling yes but when something was actually stuck (cucumbers) it wasnt as severe.....at least once I threw up. I had the lump in my chest and got sick but I could kinda tell something was still there. It took two more trips to the restroom to remove the dang thing. Have you ever tried to drink something after you have lump in your chest? I have and it was major pain. I think I will just give up scrambled eggs for now. I have a banded friend that still can't eat scrambled eggs and it has been over a year.

I think you still keep eating because this is learned behavior. We learned to believe that fat people should be ashamed to eat food and especially any food that is unhealthy..........so we ate the stuff in private. It was almost like if others didn't see it then it didn't happen. Well you feel like because you have the band you should have all of this control and why would you eat bad stuff after everything you went through to lose the weight. So yet again you feel ashamed of what you are eating. I really wish the people that have been banded for a long time would get over telling the newbies that crap. If you think for one minute all of those bandsters were perfect and this new life style just fell right into place for them then you need to stop believing their lies. This false vision that you are not on the same track as everyone else is tail spinning back into old habits. Maybe you are even feeling a little deprived which is another reason people secret eat. You need new motivation to help you get back to better habits. Print pictures of people that you wanna look like. Give yourself a very small goal to reach. Go buy something a size smaller that you really wanna wear. Change you sleeping habits so that you are not awake for a long time after your kids. Find a friend that can really be supportive of you during this time. You are at least acknowledging your bad behavior with food now just work towards correcting it. If you are going to eat something bad just eat a little. As it stands you are torturing yourself with guilt. Maybe you can split your food up. Eat a little then go do something else like wash dishes. If you are still hungry then eat a little more. Just keep doing this and eventually you wont be hungry. Also trying brushing your teeth....for some reason this changes the minds want for more food.

I hope some of this helps and good luck. You do deserve this you just have to make yourself believe it!

Hi guys!

I havent checked in for awhile. Been feeling really discouraged. My doctor wont give me a fill until I go 6 weeks post-op. He wants me completely healed first. Since I've been on solids I have not lost any weight. I am so worried that I am going to gain weight because it seems like I am hungry often. I have been chosing the right foods, however I have made some very bad choices. I really hope that when I get my fill on 9/26 it will change things for me. I have this horrible fear that now that everyone knows about my band that I am going to be a failure. To date I've lost only 10 pounds, not much. I sure hope that things will change after a fill. Sorry to be a downer.

I have had my first fill and I am still in the same boat you are now so please don't get your hopes up. It will take a while to get the right amount of Fluid in the band. Even as I type this I completely feel the same discouraging feelings you do. I really do try to make good decisions on my food choices but when you are hungry all of the time it is hard to be good. Maybe we are not the only ones having issues because it seems people are checking in less. Who wants to give an update when there is no weight loss to report? Now that people know they ask me all of the time........it sucks to say I haven't lost anymore!

Hi guys!

I havent checked in for awhile. Been feeling really discouraged. My doctor wont give me a fill until I go 6 weeks post-op. He wants me completely healed first. Since I've been on solids I have not lost any weight. I am so worried that I am going to gain weight because it seems like I am hungry often. I have been chosing the right foods, however I have made some very bad choices. I really hope that when I get my fill on 9/26 it will change things for me. I have this horrible fear that now that everyone knows about my band that I am going to be a failure. To date I've lost only 10 pounds, not much. I sure hope that things will change after a fill. Sorry to be a downer.

I had mt first feel on Friday! Was I scared....heck yeah!! I asked that he numbed my belly first....he LOL....said the numbing needle would hurt worse and take longer than the fill. They laid me on the xray table...cleaned the area....in went the needle he watched as he filled. I took a few sips of the junk drink...he watched it...it was getting stuck so he back out some liquid. It went thru and I was done!! Stung for a bit and I have a bruise but WAS NOT BAD!! Can I tell I have a fill? Not really. I don't always make good choices but when I don't i make sure I get extra burn in my walk or Water aerobics. Let's get a smart heads on and have a great week and DROP THOSE POUNDS!! God bless you all!! Through him all is possible!!

I have had my first fill and I am still in the same boat you are now so please don't get your hopes up. It will take a while to get the right amount of Fluid in the band. Even as I type this I completely feel the same discouraging feelings you do. I really do try to make good decisions on my food choices but when you are hungry all of the time it is hard to be good. Maybe we are not the only ones having issues because it seems people are checking in less. Who wants to give an update when there is no weight loss to report? Now that people know they ask me all of the time........it sucks to say I haven't lost anymore!

Hi everybody,

Hope you had a great weekend. It's finally cooled off here in NC and feeling like fall. Yeaaaaah!

Now for a little pep talk.

I'm 3 1/2 weeks post op and like others weight loss is slow. Since surgery I've lost 5.5 llbs and don't feel any restriction. I am eating a lot less than usual, counting my calories and getting in about 900-1100 a day. I'm trying to drink more Water and the last few days I'm doing better. I am walking 15 minutes 2 times a day and it is helping my back and arthritis in general. Since we are all newbies on this forum, we need to lighten up and remember we are healing and we should not expect much until we finish healing. From what I've read that will take at least 6 weeks and more than one fill. Give yourselves time to heal and keep up the good work while you are watching what you are eating and start exercising. If I can do it, a 61 year old grandmother with back problems and arthritis all over, you can do it. Almost all of you are younger and stronger and this is the best thing you have ever done for yourselves. We will look back on this time next year as truly "bander hell" like all of the folks that have gone before us have told us. It's a temporary time that will pass. If you have gained a few pounds don't stress, it will come off eventually. If the people that know you have had surgery ask how it's going tell them "slowly but surely, this is not a quick fix like bypass surgery and I'm in it for the long haul." They will be amazed how hard you're working to get weight off and admire your tenacity. Be kind to yourself and remember this can be a life changing surgery that can be used to achieve your goal of a slimmer more healthy you but it is not a guarantee. You will have to work hard and make good choices and if you do that this time your goal, that has never been reached, IS attainable and we will be amazed at our new selves next year and wonder why we were so stressed about a few pounds. Just keep saying to yourself, "I will not be discouraged, I will not be discouraged, this is a temporary problem, I will not be discouraged "

I'm going back to Dr tomorrow and maybe he'll do a fill. Will report back. Have a great week.

Blessings,

GG

Hello fellow A11ers,

I just want to give an update. Like some of you all I as well have no restriction what so ever, can eat anything at any amount if I allow myself. Also I don't have to take itty bitty bites. I am really trying to slow my pace and bite sizes because I know it will create a problem whenever I do get restriction. I am hungry all the time. A short period after eating Breakfast I am think about lunch. Definately "bandster hell"!!!!

Also ncgg-5 thank you for the very positive, encouraging post. Be Blessed!

Hello fellow A11ers,

I just want to give an update. Like some of you all I as well have no restriction what so ever, can eat anything at any amount if I allow myself. Also I don't have to take itty bitty bites. I am really trying to slow my pace and bite sizes because I know it will create a problem whenever I do get restriction. I am hungry all the time. A short period after eating Breakfast I am think about lunch. Definately "bandster hell"!!!!

You are very welcome. Hang in there, drink Water, take a walk, be good to yourself.

Blessings,

GG

Hello fellow A11ers,

I just want to give an update. Like some of you all I as well have no restriction what so ever, can eat anything at any amount if I allow myself. Also I don't have to take itty bitty bites. I am really trying to slow my pace and bite sizes because I know it will create a problem whenever I do get restriction. I am hungry all the time. A short period after eating breakfast I am think about lunch. Definately "bandster hell"!!!!

You are very welcome. Hang in there, drink Water, take a walk, be good to yourself.

Blessings,

GG