Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am in so much pain....I was taking pain meds but my husband told me that if the pain is still there its probably gas....gonna get gas x today. Also, I am unusually hungry....wonder why. Day 2 sucks :(

Sorry to hear about the gas. :unsure: I think what took my gas away was walking. I walked around and around my house like it was a track. The worst was on Tuesday, yesterday it was less, and today I dont think there is much left. I swear the walking helps. My biggest complaint on day 2 is the soreness. It feels fresh and bending over or getting up really hurts! When do you see your doctor? I have an appt tomorrow morning.

I am in so much pain....I was taking pain meds but my husband told me that if the pain is still there its probably gas....gonna get gas x today. Also, I am unusually hungry....wonder why. Day 2 sucks :(

I've been very fortunate. This is my third day pos-op. Never got gas in my shoulder, just in my stomach area under my port incision. I can see the bubble there, looks about the size of a small nerf football. It doesn't hurt much, just uncomfortable. The walking does help and just changing positions seems to get the gas to leave. I put a little lemon juice and a touch of splenda in my drinking Water and that seems to help the tummy a bit too. Only needed pain meds twice. I'm still sleeping in the recliner and my wife, an RN, thinks that kept the gas from my shoulder. Might be worth trying. coughing sure hurts though. Hug that pillow when you cough.

I don't have and appointment yet with my dr. I had to check in by phone today. I have to check in on Monday for a list of what I can eat. I am hanging in there. Today, if the weather permits...I will take your advice and walk and walk and walk. Let me know how it goes for you tomorrow...good luck :)

Sorry to hear about the gas. :unsure: I think what took my gas away was walking. I walked around and around my house like it was a track. The worst was on Tuesday, yesterday it was less, and today I dont think there is much left. I swear the walking helps. My biggest complaint on day 2 is the soreness. It feels fresh and bending over or getting up really hurts! When do you see your doctor? I have an appt tomorrow morning.

Hi...I too didn't have gas pain in my shoulder until today :( and its sucks. Im going to try the lemon and splenda...sounds refreshing... Im glad that you are doing well...keep us posted. I agree, coughing hurts....

I've been very fortunate. This is my third day pos-op. Never got gas in my shoulder, just in my stomach area under my port incision. I can see the bubble there, looks about the size of a small nerf football. It doesn't hurt much, just uncomfortable. The walking does help and just changing positions seems to get the gas to leave. I put a little lemon juice and a touch of splenda in my drinking Water and that seems to help the tummy a bit too. Only needed pain meds twice. I'm still sleeping in the recliner and my wife, an RN, thinks that kept the gas from my shoulder. Might be worth trying. coughing sure hurts though. Hug that pillow when you cough.

Feeling unmotivated today and like I want to sleep. I only walked one mile. :(. Also now that the swelling has gone down I am much more conscious of my port. Trying not to beat myself up.

Good morning everyone!

Yesterday was my orientation day for Paramedic school, it was insaaaane! OMG the next year of my life is going to be crazy, like crazy crazy. My poor family. But, i'm looking forward to it! I'm excited!

Anywho, i'm feeling pretty darn good! sleeping on my stomach, no pain anywhere. Only thing I can feel is if I try to lay completely flat, like on the ground on my stomach, I can feel the port and it hurts! But other then that, everything is great!

Day 3 here and I'm hurting so much. This is worse than either one of my c-sections or twin pregnancy. lol I had to take an anti-nausea pill this afternoon because I was wretching but other than that, it's the gas pain. It hurts to belch or breath too deeply. I keep forgetting the incentive spirometer (my doc pushes that thing like it was the Holy Grail) but have decided to do better with that starting today. I don't feel like drinking anything other than Water. The idea of the Protein Shake or anything other than water makes me ill. I'm hoping I turn the corner, soon, because I'm starting to really regret doing this.

Day 3 here and I'm hurting so much. This is worse than either one of my c-sections or twin pregnancy. lol I had to take an anti-nausea pill this afternoon because I was wretching but other than that, it's the gas pain. It hurts to belch or breath too deeply. I keep forgetting the incentive spirometer (my doc pushes that thing like it was the Holy Grail) but have decided to do better with that starting today. I don't feel like drinking anything other than Water. The idea of the Protein shake or anything other than Water makes me ill. I'm hoping I turn the corner, soon, because I'm starting to really regret doing this.

Thank you so much for posting this heatheth. My wife jokingly scoffs at me when I say that I'm in pain. She figures that nothing I experience is worse than 2 natural births and one c-section. Before this, I didn't have a defense. Now I do :)

Hi everyone. I had surgery on 8/17 (Wednesday). My doc keeps people overnight as a "23 hour patient", but I had asked if I could go home the same day. She said yes - but at 6pm, I decided to stay overnight. The thought of getting to the car, driving home and getting in bed was daunting. Went home ~9:30am on Thursday. Slept most of yesterday. The pain is much less today. I've transitioned to just using Tylenol. I had1/2 cup of chocolate/PB Protein shake and 1/4 cup of cottage cheese for Breakfast and 1/2 cup of banana Protein Shake and 1/2 cup of cream of potato Soup for lunch. The hardest part has been getting in enough fluids - and ALL the food commercials on TV. I'm really learning about head hunger!

Hope everyone continues to do well.

Christy

Hi everyone. I had surgery on 8/17 (Wednesday). My doc keeps people overnight as a "23 hour patient", but I had asked if I could go home the same day. She said yes - but at 6pm, I decided to stay overnight. The thought of getting to the car, driving home and getting in bed was daunting. Went home ~9:30am on Thursday. Slept most of yesterday. The pain is much less today. I've transitioned to just using Tylenol. I had1/2 cup of chocolate/PB Protein Shake and 1/4 cup of cottage cheese for Breakfast and 1/2 cup of banana Protein shake and 1/2 cup of cream of potato Soup for lunch. The hardest part has been getting in enough fluids - and ALL the food commercials on TV. I'm really learning about head hunger!

Hope everyone continues to do well.

Christy

Dear Christy,

You can do it! :D My doctor has a very strict liquid diet of three weeks. and up until yesterday i was just on Clear Liquids. I cant have cottage cheese no Jello like i've been seeing others have. Today i can add in creamy Soups with no chunks and Protein Shakes until the last day which is the 30th! I'm toughing it out, dont feel hungry...but it's still weird not eating anything.

Thank you so much for posting this heatheth. My wife jokingly scoffs at me when I say that I'm in pain. She figures that nothing I experience is worse than 2 natural births and one c-section. Before this, I didn't have a defense. Now I do :)

Glad I could help! ;)

OK, I am 10 days post op and sitting here feeling like I am going to explode with gas. Yes, I walked a lot today, including twice around a park. My doctor said that I am swallowing air because of the work he did around my esophagus, and that I can expect to experience this for a while. Next week I am in an important training class and getting up and walking will not be an option. I am really not looking forward to that. My lower abdomen is also extremely tender, and I am wearing clothing that is 2 sizes too big because as my abdomen expands during the course of the day, the pressure against clothing causes even more pain.

OK, I am 10 days post op and sitting here feeling like I am going to explode with gas. Yes, I walked a lot today, including twice around a park. My doctor said that I am swallowing air because of the work he did around my esophagus, and that I can expect to experience this for a while. Next week I am in an important training class and getting up and walking will not be an option. I am really not looking forward to that. My lower abdomen is also extremely tender, and I am wearing clothing that is 2 sizes too big because as my abdomen expands during the course of the day, the pressure against clothing causes even more pain.

thats odd im on day 10 and i have no gas, im no longer sore, and my incisions are healing tremendously.

Hi guys!

Day 3 here and I had my first check up with the doctor. He says everything looks good and that I am doing good. I feel bad for those of you that are in pain. I am still very sore on the port side and it hurts to bend over and cough. Since I ran out of the Protein Powder that my doctor gave me (Unjury), I went to Walmart today and picked some up. I got the Body Fortress whey Protein in chocolate. Im worried because it looks like it is for muscle builders, I hope I got the right stuff. What kind of protein did you all buy? The dietician told me as long as it is whey or soy protein it is okay. On the downside, I am supposed to start walking but the temps out here in AZ are so high! Today it was 112 and tonight it is still over 100. Dont know how much exercise I will get. Boo. :(