Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Heather, here. I'm 36. Starting weight is 270, size 22. I'll be banded tomorrow (8/16). I'm married with 3 kids (Twins, age 4.5 and a singleton, age 2).

Who's in with me!? Let's start a roster!

Me: Caryn, 28 years old (29 on the 30th this month), starting weight and size was 240, size 20. Banded Aug 11th.

Question of the day: are you married and do you have kids?

:unsure:Hello all, my name is Deborah i am from Arlington Texas i am married and have 4 sons and 1 grandson. and i will be banded on Aug 25, i have started my liquid diet today and look forward to getting this over with and letting my new life begin.

My name is Sarah, I'm 34 years old and I was banded 8/12/11. I am married and my husband is getting banded 8/19/11. We have three beautiful children, Kaiden 8 yrs, Michael 18 months and Miriam 7.5months. So, far I'm doing well after my surgery, the gas pains have subsided and I'm getting back into my walking routine. My husband and I went thru True Results since January and I started out at 290lbs, today I was 272lbs. Congrats to everyone else who was banded in August!
:rolleyes:

Hi. I'm Rhonda in Indiana. Getting banded Thursday, August 18th by Dr. Ray. Planning on coming back to work on Monday, August 22nd. Office job so hopefully it will work. I work with 2 girls that have been banded and they think there is no way I will come back to work so soon. If I don't, I don't, but I'm hoping to.

Dr. Ray seems to do several things different than other doctors. I have not been on a pre-band diet. On August 1st he told me to act like I wanted to fit into a special dress or go to a class reunion and lose a few pounds. Well, that didn't happen!

Also, he gives no indication of how you will feel after surgery and no restrictions on returning to work or driving that I have heard of so far. So, starting weight, or what I weighed on August 1st at my last appointment, is 323. OMG! Can't believe it! But it's all down from here!

Married for 15 years next month. No children. Will be 43 in October.

LAWD.............I cant wait for my gas to pass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am past the gas pain but the farts were a whole lot better than the burps. The burps were almost crippling, I had to stop whatever I was doing to focus. Felt a bit like labor pains in my chest, lol.

Walking (I have been moving around since the day of surgery) and gas x strips are not working for me. To not feel the pain I am taking the Lortab (which I don't want to do). I find myself asking why did I do this......................?!?!?!

I feel ya girl! Im having the same problem. Im pretty much gaging down my Protein Shakes. Try the gas x strips, I got some today and they seem to be helping with the gas pressure.

Congrats on the weight lost. I also am being banded by Dr. Reilly, but will be in 2012. Hope I do well also, I'm very excited.

I'm Amanda, I was banded on 8/4 by Dr Reilly in Houston. I am married for 18 yrs now, and have 5 kids ages 8-19. My highest weight when I started my pre-op diet wa 254, currently 231. I'm only 5'2 so my jean size hasn't changed yet, but it'll happen!

Dr Reilly also did my surgery 8/12 and will be doing my husbands 8/19

I'm Cynthia and am 39 years old. Two kids and single. I live in Lancaster, CA..Banded on august 11, 2011..i'm miserable :(

Hey Cynthia- hope you are feeling better today!!

:unsure:Hello all, my name is Deborah i am from Arlington Texas i am married and have 4 sons and 1 grandson. and i will be banded on Aug 25, i have started my liquid diet today and look forward to getting this over with and letting my new life begin.

The liquids were tough for me!! Hope your doing well and staying positive!

Hey rhonda!

I was banded the 11th. I went to work half a day an the 13th and a full day today. I think moving as much as possible has helped. I defiantly got tired but it was totally do-able. You'll do great!

Hi. I'm Rhonda in Indiana. Getting banded Thursday, August 18th by Dr. Ray. Planning on coming back to work on Monday, August 22nd. Office job so hopefully it will work. I work with 2 girls that have been banded and they think there is no way I will come back to work so soon. If I don't, I don't, but I'm hoping to.

Dr. Ray seems to do several things different than other doctors. I have not been on a pre-band diet. On August 1st he told me to act like I wanted to fit into a special dress or go to a class reunion and lose a few pounds. Well, that didn't happen!

Also, he gives no indication of how you will feel after surgery and no restrictions on returning to work or driving that I have heard of so far. So, starting weight, or what I weighed on August 1st at my last appointment, is 323. OMG! Can't believe it! But it's all down from here!

Married for 15 years next month. No children. Will be 43 in October.

Hello All! I'm day 4 post op and had a great day! Feeling much better, stronger, happier!!! :) still doing my walking every 2-3 hrs, it poured all day yesterday and I walked laps in my living room lol I rarely get gas but was dehydrated yest. Oh don't wanna feel like that again! Took my Water everywhere today and was fine. I've been driving because I will go crazy in the house but hubby has been taking care of the kids, the hardest part of this, picking up my 2 babies! Onward and upward for tmrw. I just hot home and am REALLY hungry. Now what? Lol

Who's in with me!? Let's start a roster!

Me: Caryn, 28 years old (29 on the 30th this month), starting weight and size was 240, size 20. Banded Aug 11th.

Question of the day: are you married and do you have kids?

Hello my banded sister! I too was banded on the 11th and just turned 48. I am 5'7" and 238 starting weight. I am married for almost 29 years and have a 3 year old adopted daughter. Good luck to you!

so i keep seeing everyone who is post banding a few days, and they keep saying they have a hard time drinking and getting viamins etc down...i havent had a single issue like that drinking for me is the same as before....

CherieElise - I am with you. I had no real problems. The gas was okay but I sort of expected it and knew just to let it go. Luckily I had a single room. LOL. Once I was up and about I felt good. I am sore, like someone says the lower abdomen feels like over worked muscles. You are asleep so no telling what they do to you when asleep, jumping jacks or something. HEY THIS ISN"T A DRUM....In any event went back to work today. Glad I did as it was so mental I forgot to move. Truly. I talked to the dietician today because I was concerned that the liquid Protein drinks were not seeming to go anywhere and I thought I may have screwed something up. She laughed and said no the Protein Drinks are mostly liquid and they flow right thru (Duh) and she told me to put the Protein into nonfat blecky yogurt which I did and added some sugar free pudding. Not bad. Won't make it an always and forever meal but hey what are our options. YOu just have to make the best of it. Once that decision is made you should know what you want and you will do whatever you need to do to achieve it. Surgery was not cheap, even with insurance and I have a lot riding on this.For my family, friends but most of all - FOR ME.......It was a journey from the day I decided to lose weight in late Dec and I lost 50 lbs until the two weeks of shakes and I lost another 10. I will not say I didn't put a bite of something in my mouth tho because I did. And it was all I needed. Which made me proud!

In any event if your mind is not on the end result it will not succeed. I hope I don't have to eat my words in six months but I ahve a good team with me and as their test kitchen (I was the dr's first lapband in his own hospital) I feel I have to give them all the info and feedback I can so they can work with others.

We all have to keep our chin (s) up and get fit and healthy together. I want to see all of us posting a year from now!!!!!!!