Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

great thread Caryn! Now you have to be the organizer! Lol. This is much easier with this great community of people.

Who's in with me!? Let's start a roster!

Me: Caryn, 28 years old (29 on the 30th this month), starting weight and size was 240, size 20. Banded Aug 11th.

Question of the day: are you married and do you have kids?

Hi, my name is Angie. I used eigna (Angie spelled backward) because Angie was taken.

My start weight was 26lbs. I did a 4 day liquid diet, my current weight is 247lbs. Surgery

date was 08/10/11.

Hi, my name is Angie. I used eigna (Angie spelled backward) because Angie was taken.

My start weight was 260lbs. I did a 4 day liquid diet, my current weight is 247lbs. Surgery

date was 08/10/11.

Hi, I am Yvette and was banded on August 11th, my starting weight (lifetime highest) was 293 and day of surgery 287. I'm 31 yrs old and will be 32 next month. Currently in a size 22/24.

The gas pain is getting the best of me. I am having a hard time getting my liquids in due to the gas pain/pressure, seems drinking only makes it worse.

I'm a single parent with 2 children.

I'm Cynthia and am 39 years old. Two kids and single. I live in Lancaster, CA..Banded on august 11, 2011..i'm miserable :(

Hello everybody...... my name is Dawn, I am 38 years old and I will be banded on August 23rd..... I have two children a daughter 13 and a son 7. I am single for a longggggg time. My highest weight was 285 and I am now 272..... I am nervous about having the surgery but I am in good spirits.

I like the name A11 Good group name!!

I'll update the roster soon. OMG I am sitting here listening to my gut sounds with my stethoscope. TRIP OUT! It sounds like a small animal in there fighting and growling trying to get out. For real.

Hi all A11's

Well my surgery is tomorrow. I guess it is really starting to sink in now.

I have only lost 8 pounds on the 2 week liquid diet. In the real world before that would have been great. I guess I was just hoping for more. It was my first time doing a liquid diet. I know I shouldn't complain. It would take me 2 months to lose that much in past attempts. So I am moving forward knowing there is more to come.

so i keep seeing everyone who is post banding a few days, and they keep saying they have a hard time drinking and getting viamins etc down...i havent had a single issue like that drinking for me is the same as before....

Well, I go in today for my banding surgery. I feel very prepared after reading 100s of posts here over the last few months. Thanks to all of you for sharing. My surgery is at 2:00 pst. See you on the other side!

Theodoru, what is your name so I can add you to the roster. Way to go on the weigh loss so far!

Tasha, I would call the doc! Do you feel like you have a fever? And how are the incision sites? If they are very hot or warm around the sites and you have a fever over 100, you may have an infection and need to get seen right away. Of course, this may be normal too, but it's best to call the doc and let him know what's going on. I was banded Thursday night and the only time i've been extra tired is when I take the vicoden, then it's a drugged up kind of tired. I haven't taken any today and have cleaned the house, with the help of kids and husband!

Welcome Holly!

Ctarantino, what's your name? I'll pass on the challenge, I never do well with those types of things and feel much better when I am on my own and not pressuring myself.

Thanks Caryn! I did call the Dr. I don't have a high fever or anything they just said im feeling like this beacuse Im not drinking enough Water. They told me to get some pedialyte and take some gas x and so far that has helped. I called my mom and shes gonna get me out of the house today so Im hoping that will help alot too. I might even buy a scale!

Hi, I am Yvette and was banded on August 11th, my starting weight (lifetime highest) was 293 and day of surgery 287. I'm 31 yrs old and will be 32 next month. Currently in a size 22/24.

The gas pain is getting the best of me. I am having a hard time getting my liquids in due to the gas pain/pressure, seems drinking only makes it worse.

I'm a single parent with 2 children.

I feel ya girl! Im having the same problem. Im pretty much gaging down my Protein shakes. Try the gas x strips, I got some today and they seem to be helping with the gas pressure.

I'm Amanda, I was banded on 8/4 by Dr Reilly in Houston. I am married for 18 yrs now, and have 5 kids ages 8-19. My highest weight when I started my pre-op diet wa 254, currently 231. I'm only 5'2 so my jean size hasn't changed yet, but it'll happen!

Hi All!

My name is Laurie and I was banded on August 4th. I am from Los Angeles.I weighed 256 when I started my two week pre op diet and am down to 234 this morning! :) So far so good.

I am 36,divorced with two beautiful, supportive kids, 15 and 10.

Good Luck to Everyone!!!

CherieElise, is your name Cherie?

Cara, I live in southern California! I've had horrible gas pain but feel better this morning. I started farting last night, thank GOD and I think that's helped tremendously. Prior to that I was just burping, which was painful and not very effective.

Trish, Wow, already down a whole size! I can't wait for that. I've been a size 20 for like 4 years now, prior to that I was a size 24.

Jamie, wow, Micro surgery!? I've never heard of it. I'm jealous. I have 3 tiny incisions and one bigger one. They are all smaller then I thought they would be so i'm pleased.

I have

Caryn

Cherie

Bailey

Cara

Trish

Jamie

Nikia

Tammy

Mary Jo

Today I'm doing ok, gas pain is better, i'm a fartin fool finally and I think that's what helped. I do heavy lifting in my job so I have 2 weeks off from work. I start school next week on thursday though so I really am only getting a week of nothing, then one days of school, 3 days off, then full time school mon-thurs of the following week, returning to work thursday night of that week. I need to NOT weigh myself. They dumped a ton of Fluid in me before and during surgery so I KNOW it's Water weight since I haven't eaten anything and i'm already frustrated that i've had a 2lb gain from pre surgery, lol. I know it's just Water, I know it's just water. <~~ that's my mantra. I am going to take my scale over to my moms actually because I will torture myself. That way i'll only weigh in about once a week. She lives in a trailer in the back of our property so it's not as accessible. Anywho, taking one day at a time and feeling pretty good today. Going to try and clean some house. It's disgusting.

I am past the gas pain but the farts were a whole lot better than the burps. The burps were almost crippling, I had to stop whatever I was doing to focus. Felt a bit like labor pains in my chest, lol.