Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all: Went to dr yesterday and down 22 lbs. I'm happy with the way my loss is going......slow but steady. He asked if I wanted a fill but I thought I would hold off for now. I am able to eat most everything I try... but do get satisfied with less food. I feel comfortable like this and have had no issues with vomiting, etc. Am I doing the right thing by not getting a fil????. If I do see my hunger getting worse I will definately get one at my next visit which will be in mid October. Going to Vegas with friends at the beginning of October so I want to feel comfortable with the band. Dr. said it will get tighter with the air flight......then it should adjust. Has anyone had an issue with flying with the lapband?? Thanx CAT

Wow Chris good for you. I see the Dr tomorrow at 4pm. Not sure if I want a fill I too feel great now finding it hard to eat bread and that is with out a fill. I do find that I need to drink with my food how about you?

Stay well.

Mary

Wow Chris good for you. I see the Dr tomorrow at 4pm. Not sure if I want a fill I too feel great now finding it hard to eat bread and that is with out a fill. I do find that I need to drink with my food how about you?

Stay well.

Mary

Hi Mary: How did it go with Dr. G today?? I also must have a little drink when I eat. I always had this problem even bfore the band. I get hiccups if I don't have something to drink. I know they tell you not to but whatever.....Glad to hear you are feeling well. Chris

Hi, all. :) Just popped in to say hello! Getting another .5 cc fill on Friday....still looking to find that green zone, but doing ok!

Amy

we haven't been active on this topic as much, and i just wanted to say i miss hearing from you all! and, i am one pound away from onederaland! let's hope i make it there this week! i will not lose anything for days, and then all of a sudden will lose 3-4 lbs, so let's hope that happens in the next few days...

Hi, all! I, too, wanted to check in and see how everyone's doing!

I got my third fill last week and I think I've finally found the green zone. I'm able to eat very small amounts of solid food (1/2 a cup on a good day) and am making sure I get my Protein by adding one or two shakes every day.

I've discovered that I'm a VERY slow loser, but have (after some minor frustration) come to terms with it, mostly. My weight will regularly drop several pounds, then bounce back up, then finally settle out at a net loss of a little over a pound a week.

But better than that are the NSVs. I'm back to exercising regularly. I take yoga classes several times a week and have actually started running again--or rather, I had started running, but hurt my knee. So now I'm using the elliptical machine every day and doing the low-impact equivalent of running. I've dropped several clothing sizes. I'm able to keep up with my toddler.

I LOVE MY BAND!! :D

How's everyone else doing?

hi - july bandster here! i'm doing well - have had 2 fills - my next one is day after tomorrow. Have not felt a lot of restriction and can still eat anything but 90% of the time i stick to the 800 calories a day my surgeon wanted and i'm down 51 pounds. I'm happy with that. I'm really hoping to feel some real restriction with this next fill! Good luck to all of us on our continued journeys!!!!B)

Hi all July bandsters: Doing well here. Went to Dr yesterday and down 27 lbs. which I'm happy with. Finally reached ONDERLAND. I am having some issues with getting stuck. Did not experience this until now. Guess I'm trying too many different things.....and probably eating too fast. Old habits die hard. Good Luck to all ........CAT

Hi all July bandsters: Doing well here. Went to Dr yesterday and down 27 lbs. which I'm happy with. Finally reached ONDERLAND. I am having some issues with getting stuck. Did not experience this until now. Guess I'm trying too many different things.....and probably eating too fast. Old habits die hard. Good Luck to all ........CAT

Glad to see some of you guys checking in :) Things are going well band-wise. Last week, in one day, I turned down an ice cream sandwich, cupcake with cream cheese frosting an McDonald's. Whew. It was hard!! I'm happy with where I'm at and hope that things continue to go smoothly. I just posted my most recent lab results and some other data on my blog. So happy to see the #'s going in the right direction!

Amy

Got my 2nd fill September 28th and am finally losing weight again! Hopefully I'll be in the green zone with this month's fill.

hi guys,

So i'm down about 23 lbs with 3 fills. Still not in the green zone. Happy with the scale consistently moving 2lbs a week though. Have a great week!

Just thought I would check in. I was banded July 14th, and I am just about at three months. coming up on two weeks after my Third fill and I feel like I have gone backwards. I am very frustrated and trying to stay positive. I have gained weight this two weeks and not happy about it.

I have read where it has taken people 4-5 fills and one person even said 8 fills. So hopefully it is not just the fact that this didn't work for me. I am fighting the craving for diet soda. I have drunk some and feel like I should have never had that first sip. I am not sure if this is why I have gone backwards. I remember my doctors office saying the most successful people are the ones that stay the most connected.

so I am going to start going to support groups and checking in here everyday and posting.

Hope everyone else who was banded in July is doing well. would love to hear from July bandsters

Dawn Marie

I haven't been on here forever, but I'm glad to see people are still checking in every so often. I had a bit of an overfill 2 weeks ago and that was neither comfortable or pretty. So I went back in today to have a bit of a defill. And all is right with the world again! So far average weight loss is 2.3 lbs a week and I am happy with that. I feel soooooo much better now that some of the weight has lifted! Both litterally and figuratively. Hope everyone is doing well.

I haven't been on here forever, but I'm glad to see people are still checking in every so often. I had a bit of an overfill 2 weeks ago and that was neither comfortable or pretty. So I went back in today to have a bit of a defill. And all is right with the world again! So far average weight loss is 2.3 lbs a week and I am happy with that. I feel soooooo much better now that some of the weight has lifted! Both litterally and figuratively. Hope everyone is doing well.

Hi new england girl,

I know they say its different for everyone but do you know how much Fluid you have in, that got you to over fill. congratulations on the weight loss 2.3 pounds a week is great. what is your diet like? I am so not loosing, I am in for my 4 fill today and am hoping for an aggressive fill. Would love to hear more about your diet and how many fills you have had.

Dawn Marie

Hello my fellow July bandstars!!!

I've had 1 fill so far and dropped about 2 sizes. Although lately I've been feeling like I've gained instead of losing. I actually haven't stepped on a scale in about a month...I moved and I'm commuting very far for work everyday. My exercising is non-existent but I try to keep moving, parking far, walking at a faster pace, things like that.

I skipped a fill because i was scared to step on the scale at the dr's office. I've had 4 instances of food being stuck...the worst one while driving, SCARY!

I'm determined today to make the numbers go back down! Upping my Protein Shake intake, and returning to the healthier food choices and not just the quick ones in small amounts. I'm still shying away from breads and Pasta (maybe 1 serving every 2 weeks) No sodas, and trying to limit my sugar intake. You guys keep me in your prayers/thoughts. This is something I've worked hard for and I don't want to mess it up.

Best wishes!