Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any July 2011 Bandsters?

Thanks so much to everyone who took the time to respond to my post!! I'm definitely feeling much less stressed about the amount I've lost so far. Hoping to drop another pound or two before Tuesday, but if I don't, so be it... Also, it's been so great to see everyone's posts post-op - even from the very day of surgery! It's absolutely helping me feel more comfortable about the whole procedure. The fact that there seems to be as many differences as similarities in people's experiences actually has helped a lot. And regardless of the differences, everyone is so positive & supportive... LOVE it! :) Not so happy to be spending my birthday (tomorrow the 18th) not being able to eat ANYTHING (LOL), but I know it will be totally worth it in the end!

Kell

I am new to the forum.. Tomorrow is the big day.. honestly, I think I'm doing ok... but I'm a low BMIer and feeling guilty that it's come to this.. but glad that there is hope for me..

I haven't told my friends, because they would lecture me about diet and exercise.. who hasn't already done that!!!!!! ?

Thanks for all the great information and this time tomorrow.. I will be on the road to a more healthy life ..

Bandit31 :blink:

I am new to the forum.. Tomorrow is the big day.. honestly, I think I'm doing ok... but I'm a low BMIer and feeling guilty that it's come to this.. but glad that there is hope for me..

I haven't told my friends, because they would lecture me about diet and exercise.. who hasn't already done that!!!!!! ?

Thanks for all the great information and this time tomorrow.. I will be on the road to a more healthy life ..

Do it for you and no one else. I live next to a personal trainer...you don't want to imagine what he told me. I am happy I did it. Not for one second did I second guess myself. I was banded on Wednesday (July 13th). I will say this, the first couple of days are rough. I felt like I had been kicked in the stomach. Couldn't eat or drink anything but Water the first day from the nausea. Day two, much better. Each day has gotten better. I slept without pain meds last night and did fine. I keep reading all the posts on the "other side" thread and it's very encouraging.

Best of luck tomorrow!

Tammy

argh! I am scheduled for surgery on Tues., 26th. I woke up this morning with a sore throat and stuffy nose. I hope this doesn't delay my surgery. I have my pre-op appointment with the surgeon this Tuesday so I'll see how it goes. I'm going to get me some Vitamin C tablets. If it does progress, I'll have a week to knock it out. Not good timing.

I too am in the same boat! I have my surgery scheduled for this Friday, the 22nd. I have a terrible cough and chest congestion. I have 3 or 4 different cough medication now and gotta beat this thing ASAP!!!

Hey everyone,

After having my little mental breakdown at the end of last week, I can say I am feeling better at this point. I have my recheck on the 20th, and am looking forward to mushies.......I can't believe I said that! ;)

Thanks for the support everyone!

Lisa

Glad to hear everybody's doing ok. I'm doing the countdown to Tuesday. I'm dreading tomorrow because I have to take a pre-op bowel cleansing laxative (I already have had diarrhea this entire pre-op diet) and try to work and teach a class tomorrow night. UGH. I was trying to remember what everybody recommended to have on hand at home for after surgery. I've got my pain meds, my anti-nause meds, my gas-x strips, heating pad, broth, shakes, Water. Somebody please remind me what else is on the list.

Tomorrow is the big day for me! I have a paper due tonight and just figured out I was able to keep drinking opti-fast although I've been on a self-induced clear liquid day. I'm feeling more stress which isn't good!

Wish me luck!

Best wishes - we'll see you here when you're up to it! :) You'll do great!!

Tomorrow is the big day for me! I have a paper due tonight and just figured out I was able to keep drinking opti-fast although I've been on a self-induced clear liquid day. I'm feeling more stress which isn't good!

Wish me luck!

sugar-free popsicles, apple or grape juice. I liked having ice packs on my incisions and heat on my shoulder for gas pains.

I'll add more if I think of it, but this covers the major stuff.

Glad to hear everybody's doing ok. I'm doing the countdown to Tuesday. I'm dreading tomorrow because I have to take a pre-op bowel cleansing laxative (I already have had diarrhea this entire pre-op diet) and try to work and teach a class tomorrow night. UGH. I was trying to remember what everybody recommended to have on hand at home for after surgery. I've got my pain meds, my anti-nause meds, my gas-x strips, heating pad, broth, shakes, Water. Somebody please remind me what else is on the list.

One more week to go, and I'm getting so freakin excited!!!!! I was just looking at the before and after pics on another thread. I know there is a lot of hard work ahead of me but at least I'll have a fighting chance now!!!

Good luck to everyone going in today!

I'm so glad you said that! I have about 95 lbs to lose, but I'm also short 5"3 3/4 so everyone I know is saying you can do it another way. I realize that for some it's easy, but as I get older, I find it harder and harder. My family has diabetes (though not me yet) and high blood pressure and heart attack. I'm worried if I don't do this, that one of these things is going to catch up with me. On the other hands, seeing all the potential complications, I'm worried about if I do have the surgery. What a decision. Congratulations on making it! I wish you well.

I know I'm suppose to post on the "other side" however I wanted to pop back in and wish today's banders the best of luck! Hang in there afterwards...it's going to be rough for a couple of days. Drink lots of fluids, take your pain meds and rest. I know it will feel like you are resting 24/7, but your body needs it to heal. I'm six days out from mine and I can't begin to tell you what a difference each day out makes. I've been off pain meds for three days, made it all day yesterday without a nap and haven't been hungry. Having to make myself eat. Can't even eat all that I am suppose to yet.

Just know you have a lot of support here whenever you need it. Looking forward to seeing all of you on the Post-band side!

Tammy

Wow..its been a few weeks since I've been on here. I finally got my surgery date set, I go in on July 29th!! I have done well on the pre-op diet. I'm down 23 lbs as of 3 weeks ago. I go in on the 20th to get all of my pre-op stuff done, meet with my surgeon and do this little Bari Bootcamp program they have. I also dont do much of a liquid diet..Just 2 days before surgery.. this could be because I have been low carb for almost 4 months now and I know that helps to shrink the liver as well. I couldnt wait for my surgery date to come..but as it gets closer the nerves are starting as well. I have never been put to sleep, no surgeries or anything. I think thats the only thing I'm afraid of. I'm a nurse and I think we tend to freak ourselves out at times!! I have well with the low carb stuff. It was hard as hell when I first started, I was moody as could be. Now its just like second nature, I really dont even think about it anymore. I am just hoping I have good success with the band...its hard to get on here and read these comments about people not losing weight, or regretting the surgery..kinda makes you second guess your decision.. Hope everyone is feeling well and loving their bands!! Good Luck to you all!

This is the week! I am happy that my Dr. only requires me to do the pre-op diet for 4 days which I am starting today. There is a heat wave this week and I am kinda happy about it as I will not be so hungry due to the sweltering heat. (at least I hope that is the case) I am taking the red-eye on Thursday night to Toronto for my Friday morning surgery and so far I am more happy than scared. The only thing that concerns me right now is that I have a terrible cold with chest congestion, I only have 4 days left to beat it, or I am afraid they will cancel my surgery. "sigh":unsure:

I had the same thoughts as you Bandit! I just keep thinking about all my failed attempts at dieting and how much wasted money! Even my post op nurse asked me what I was doing there (mintues after my surgery!!) and how I got past the requirements. I weighed 238lbs at 29 ... i graduated from high school at 230 lbs .. .this is not a healthy way to live life! I was banded on July 13th, so I'm 5 days post op! As of today I am down 15lbs since I started the pre-op diet!. I am so happy that I went through with it and so glad that I did it for me! Good luck!!