Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2011 Bandsters

I just got a terrible urge for snacking...so went thru the kitchen and filled a grocery sack with stuff to take to work that says "help yourself" -- Valentine's M&M's (like 6 boxes), bagel crisps, chocolates. Made me feel better. :)

doodlebugsmom -

That does seem pretty fast. After I got to my room, they made me stay another 2 1/2 hours, they had a check list of what they wanted me to do before I went home. The worst part after the surgery was having the x-rays, they made me gulp this horrible tasting liquid so that they could do 3 xrays to make sure everything was where it was supposed to be, I wasn't nauseous until after I drank that stuff and it made me want to throw up. After that I went back to my room and laid down for about 30 mins, till the gas pains got to much and I got up and walked around. Then the diarrhea kicked in and I had to run to the bathroom for the next hour, walked a little bit but didn't feel comfortable getting to far from the bathroom. I asked for them to take out the iv but they said I had to eat and drink at least a half bottle of Water before they would consider taking it out. After I ate, and kept it down, they gave me a vicodin.

What flavor Bariatric Advantage ar eyou doing? i'm doing banana (but made with nonfat milk)...it's really not bad...

Hey amy maybe your stomach knows what's about to happen? he he

I got the chocolate and vanilla. They are not so bad. It is more filling than I thought it would be.

Mine's getting a little better, used the baby Mylicon and the gas strips, and of course lots of walking.

The problem with gas pains is it's trapped air that your body has to just absorb...so mylicon and gas products aren't likely to help. They really help with gas that's actually inside the digestive tract whereas this is free air in the abdominal cavity :(

way back when I had laparoscopic pelvic surgery, the referred shoulder pain was my worst complaint. Try to find a position that helps move the air off your diaphragm (for me I could only lay on my right side for true relief). Walking helps because it gets you moving, gets the air moving, and your blood stream gets used which in time helps your body to absorb the gases.

Thanks so much for the update Doodlebugsmom! I love reading the op day stories and yours is wonderfully detailed. Good Luck with your weight loss!!

HI guys...im having terrible gas pains in my chest/shoulders....anyone having that problem?

Walk Kelli walk! I know that seems simple, but it helps ALOT! A heating pad helps too but walking will help the gas absorb faster. Walk about 5-10 minutes every hour to two hours.

I will be joining all of you "March"ing bandsters too,,,, having my surgery on March 15,,, and I am soooo excited!!! I will be using Isopure for half of my protien each day,,, 40 grams in a 20 oz bottle,,, and the grape tastes great. Going tomorrow to get some more flavors. My daughter had RNY a couple of years ago and did great, but with me being older, I didn't want to do something that drastic. Banding is going to be great for me. I only have 1 day of Clear liquids before surgery. I have seen so many success stories out here, and I know that we are all going to do that well. So,,, for all of us,,, Good Luck!!!!

I was banded last saturday, March 5th!

Everything good, just still having some pain!… Funny thing though , my doc told me I was having surgery on Tuesday , YES, 4 days before surgery…. and I was on liquid diet for two days and nothing to drink after mid night the day before surgery, that was it!!!huh.gif

God Luck everyone!

One more thing.. I lost 17 pounds in this first week alone… sooo tongue.gif to the those negative posts!!!

God luck every one!!!

:POMG, I finally got approved on 3/9/2011 and I will be Banded on 3/29/2011. I was originally denied by my insurance carrier and almost gave up on having the procedure all together. I didn't get down about it and my appeal was appproved. I'm ready to start my journey with the rest of the March 2011 Bandsters.

Day 1,2,13, 14 I must have liquids only and days 3-12 1000 calories (includes 1 frozen meal 300 calories or less with liquids). I forced myself to try a liquid diet during my appeal process and it was not bad. Stay busy, keep your supporters/like minded people in your corner and tell all the negative influences where to shove it!

Good Luck everyone!!!!

MsGolden