Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2011 Bandsters

Pain is a little better today and I slept better last night than Tuesday night. My stomach has been growling and I've been hungry, the liquids just don't seem to fill me up. I thought for sure after all the diarrhea after surgery and the liquids the last two days that I would have lost some weight but It's still the same as before surgery.

Good luck to those who are getting banded today!!!

Congratulations to all of those who have been banded!!!!! It sounds like you all are doing awesome :-) just keep walkin'!

On my pre op diet i lost 10lbs and since then I've lost 6.5lbs

I'm trying to figure out If I'm not hungry because my empty band is restriction enough or my stomach is swollen which is causing me not to be hungry. I've already returned to Zumba and work.

Checking in to say hi to all the members of the MARCHing Band! I am still scheduled for 3/16...yikes!

Hope everyone is doing well and thank you to all those sharing your stories of recent banding. It really helps those of us that have yet to go through the procedure.

I am scheduled for tomorrow at 9:30. I have to be there are 7:30. I have been really calm today about it. I am sure tonight and in the morning I will freaking out a little because I have one ever had one small surgery on my nose. I am mostly scared of the breathing tube and throwing up after surgery. But I am optomistic about it. I just need to get past this liquid diet. I have lost 14 pounds (Yay!) but I am really missing chewing food. Just the thought of Malto Mea on Sunday sounds like heaven. And I have never even had that before. Just the excitment of that makes me happy. Well I will try to post when I get home.

I am so exctied to be a March bandster!! I was approved on March 2 and I am scheduled for surgery on March 22!! I am on my pre-op diet now and its not so bad! I am supper excited! I can't wait to see how it all goes!! Good luck to everyone!!

Best wishes doodlebugsmom. You will do fine. The sore throat from the endotracheal tube was not too bad and most likely you will be given something for nausea such as Phenergan or Zofran.

Doodlebugsmom I was given some throat spray post op and it really helped! I got a nausea patch behind my ear which was good for 72 hours and I left it in the whole time just to be safe ;-)

I called yesterday to see if I can add veggies to my diet....and oh goodness to chew!!! I'm doing raw celery, carrots, lettuce, and cucumbers with rice vinegar for Snacks. and today instead of a frozen diet meal did a can of tuna, 1 tbsp light mayo, 3 chopped pickle chips, and black pepper...and ate it sandwich style on crisp lettuce. YUMMM (and under 200cal) because of the tuna Protein I only did 2 of my 3 shakes today too. for dinner I had 2 servings of black bean Soup (160 cal)...it was just heaven to have some flavor. If my weight drops again tomorrow I may keep up with the slightly altered preop diet (clinic said it's ok as long as I stay under 870 cals a day).

I called yesterday to see if I can add veggies to my diet....and oh goodness to chew!!! I'm doing raw celery, carrots, lettuce, and cucumbers with rice vinegar for Snacks. and today instead of a frozen diet meal did a can of tuna, 1 tbsp light mayo, 3 chopped pickle chips, and black pepper...and ate it sandwich style on crisp lettuce. YUMMM (and under 200cal) because of the tuna Protein I only did 2 of my 3 shakes today too. for dinner I had 2 servings of black bean Soup (160 cal)...it was just heaven to have some flavor. If my weight drops again tomorrow I may keep up with the slightly altered preop diet (clinic said it's ok as long as I stay under 870 cals a day).

I am a March bandster too! My surgery date is 03/15. I am starting the pre-op diet tomorrow but I was supposed to start today. I am feeling pretty horrible about it. I just hate the taste of any shake. I do get one meal a day or plain chicken and salad and veggies. No oil or anything. I am not looking forward to tomorrow. But glad I got cleared today after my stress test came back ok. Trying to focus now!

Instead of the expensive chewable vitamins for post surgery, I was told I only needed two chewable Flintstones Vitamins a day. Sounds great to me! I am worried since no one has given me a prescription to fill for pain meds. They told me they would be liquid. We have a 2 to 3 hour drive home and I don't want to be caught waiting for my husband to go to the pharmacy. I better call them tomorrow.

They gave me two vicodin after I ate something in the hospital, and gave me a prescription that I had to fill when I got home. Make sure to have some motrin or advil too, you can take the small pills or the childrens liquid.

started my 2 week liquid diet for my 3/24 surgery. I took 2 sips of the Protein Drink and started to gag (world wide Protein shakes/35mg protein)....so I ended up drinking to large smart waters, one with crystal light flavoring, a bowl of trader joes corn and pepper Soup, a couple of sips of beef broth (gross), and for dinner, trader joes cream of potato soup, and a fudgicle....all in all about 400-500 calories, just got back from costco and bought Premier Protein shakes to try tomorrow. better get a little easier or i may hurt someone! ;)