Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2011 Bandsters

I just got the most exciting phone call ever. My surgery is scheduled for March 15th!!!! I've been waiting for a date for this surgery for 2 years and now I have less than 2 weeks. I was supposed to be on a liquid diet for 2 weeks but my nutritionist gave me the ok to start today and I should be good to go by March 15th. I am SOOO excited I can barely type but I wanted to say HI to everyone because I am going to be a March Bandster :-)

I just got the most exciting phone call ever. My surgery is scheduled for March 15th!!!! I've been waiting for a date for this surgery for 2 years and now I have less than 2 weeks. I was supposed to be on a liquid diet for 2 weeks but my nutritionist gave me the ok to start today and I should be good to go by March 15th. I am SOOO excited I can barely type but I wanted to say HI to everyone because I am going to be a March Bandster :-)

From one March Bandster named Elizabeth to another......WooHoo look at you!! Congrats on the great news. I will follow you 1 day later on the 16th for mine.

From one March Bandster named Elizabeth to another......WooHoo look at you!! Congrats on the great news. I will follow you 1 day later on the 16th for mine.

Thank you so much!!!! Good luck to ALL of us March bandsters!!! I still can't believe it!!!

I am March 31st also!!! I could have gone sooner but wanted to be able to work around my DH and Kids schedules. I agree with you doesn't matter headed in the right direction for our new lives. I am on the east coast and scheduled for 8am so will hopefully be on my way out of the OR when you are on your way in. Best of luck to you!!'

I am finally scheduled for March 31st!! I could have gone in sooner but my work scheduled forced me to postpone it. :-( Either way...super excited. If anyone else out there is having surgery this day with Dr. Felix or Dr. Swartz office in Fresno, CA...let's talk!!

As silly as it sounds I made "jelloJigglers" with the SF Jello. The whole pan is gone between the 4 of us here in the house tonight. It was kind of fun and nice to have your family enjoying your snack as well.

I just picked my surgery date yesterday.. I broke into tears of happiness, my co-workers are all rooting for me and are super supportive along with my family, my surgery date is 3/21.. I am so excited to start my journey! Congrats to all my March Bandsters!!!

Cool....thanks for the info! Im starting to get really nervous!! I just dont wanna be one of the ones who does not succeed :(

Hi kelli0965. My surgery lasted about 45 minutes. I was out by 2:45 in the car heading home. Coming too was pretty painful because they did not have enough pain medicine in my system but it wasn't unbearable. A few pills and I was fine. I have five cuts on my stomach glued together. I was told I can start showing today just not soaking in baths yet. Today I'm soar but up and about. Bi have had no nausea or gas pains. Heading out for my walk even tho windchill is minus 10 here in Maine. Let menknow I you have any other questions.

how exciting!! congrats on your surgery date!!

My band date is March 31.....I am so excited and so nervous at the same time. I get mad at myself for letting my weight get away from me. And at the same time glad there is a solution. I just hope it is a good decision to do such a semi-permanent thing. I guess life will be different after the LapBand. So all I can say is here we go and good luck to all the March bandsters. I will be bringing up the rear!!

Hi Everyone!!

Where are all the March bandsters at?!! I was just approved last week and have a surgery date of March 16th. Looks like I'll be starting a two week pre-op liquid diet (Optifast) on March 2nd which I'm not looking forward to!! Anyone else scheduled for March? Do you have a pre-op diet to follow?

Good Luck to everyone!! :)

Had my initial consultation this morning and I scheduled my surgery for 3/30 with Dr. Hollis at True Results in Houston. Looking forward to it and just wanted to say hi.

Hi Everyone!!

Where are all the March bandsters at?!! I was just approved last week and have a surgery date of March 16th. Looks like I'll be starting a two week pre-op liquid diet (Optifast) on March 2nd which I'm not looking forward to!! Anyone else scheduled for March? Do you have a pre-op diet to follow?

Good Luck to everyone!! :)

How are you doing with your pre-op diet? I don't mind the shakes, I can pass on the broth though-yuck. My diet is shakes, yogourt, skim milk, clear apple/cranberry juice. I will be thinking of you, my surgery is on the 15th.

how exciting!! congrats on your surgery date!!

Thank you so much!!

I am scheduled for for March 31st! So excited! I havent got my pre-op diet yet but I start it on the 17th (the day before I leave to Vegas..dry.gif ) But hopefully the pre-op diet isnt too harsh... I dont know how ill make it with only Protein Shakes haha.

So excited for you! :)

Hey March Bandsters! I figured I would give everyone an update. Sorry my last post was done on the Iphone and I noticed lots of mistakes. Anyway it’s now early Saturday and I had my surgery on Wednesday the 2nd. It’s been a sore couple of days but not unbearable. I found that I have been taking extra-long naps but feel good overall. I have still managed to get out a walk a mile every day since surgery. I am do back to work on Sunday but might hold off depending how I’m feeling. Today I have had two small Protein shakes, broth, and Water. About an hour ago I managed to get some Jello in me, making it Water in your mouth before swallowing of course. I haven’t felt hungry yet but I am trying my best to at least take in some calories so I don’t get sick. I feel some internal aches, but noticed it’s related to an upcoming burp or stomach growl. My body definitely knows I waged war against my tummy lol. I’ve had kind of an off day questioning myself about the risks. I spent a lot of time today reading and hate coming across those horror stories. Physiologically it’s hard to take, but its mind over matter, and I have never been a risk taker so it’s an adjustment.

All in all nothing more to report. For all you coming up on your day hang in there. Its exciting and nerve racking. If anyone has any questions don’t hesitate to ask.