Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2011 - banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Denise,

When do you leave on your cruise?

Elfie,

My husband raises fresh Water tropical fish we lease a 13 acre farm and have 67 100x30 foot ponds. He has traveled to central America to collect fish and then breeds them on his farm. Most of the fresh water tropical fish sold in the US are raised here in the Tampa Bay area. It's interesting, but we are at the mercy of the weather!

I hope you are all well!!

Deb

We leave on Wednesday! Soooo excited. Got stuck on Cereal last night. REALLY? Cereal? Come on!

I mean, that is usually my fall back food. We had steak for dinner, I cut that into the tiniest pieces known to man. It went down ok. I only ate about an ounce of it. So I was hungry again by bed time. So fixed a bowl of cereal for a snack. Yeah, no go! Blah.

Gonna do liquid and mushies today, and hope things calm down. Last thing I want is an unfill before a cruise! Yikes! And trying to fit in a unfill appointment between now and then...ugh.

But the "meatloaf incident" was a bad one, I guess. This are irritated. I have a sore throat today, I think from the yakking. (It better be!).

Now that I have my new computer, my DH stole my iPad today...what a jerk! rolleyes.gif I'll get it back though.

It's 3 a.m. and I am *not* sleeping. :angry: I'm sooo looking forward to getting this fill out on Tuesday, hoping that it will alleviate this pain somewhat. I don't have any expectations of it going away completely since I've had it since the surgery, but any relief will be welcome.

On the plus side, and I know it's not my official weigh date (Monday), but I'm down 6.5 pounds since last Friday. No, my ticker isn't right. I'm just too lazy to go fix it right now.

Nothing new to update. I'm going to the birthday party for a one year old today (Saturday). I must've been crazy when I said yes to the invite since my youngest is 18 so it's not like I'm in that 'kiddie crowd' and I'm trying to figure out how a double whiskey will fit into my calorie requirements for the day since I might need it before or after the event. :blink:

Where is everyone?!

ok...*now* my ticker is right.

dancingsnoopy.gif

ok...*now* my ticker is right.

dancingsnoopy.gif

So very close to ONEDERLAND!!!!

Checking in and catching up.

Melody--good job on the weight loss

Crystl--sorry about the job situation--my hubby was laid off three years ago--just works part-time--so hard to find a job in our small town

Denise--enjoy the high seas

Nothing new. I hit the excercise like crazy for last two weeks. I do not expect weight loss when I weigh Monday though--PMS strikes again ugh. The good news is dare I say but my fill kicked in about a week ago. Not quite at sweet spot, but definitely have to chew and take my time--not something I had to do before. Work stressful as usual, but oh well.

I have had a stressful couple of weeks.....

I got wicked sick about 2 weeks ago with the respirtory crud that was going around. I unfortunately shared my germs with my 80 year old father (who lives with me). He ended up with pneumonia and in the hospital. He is now home, but on oxygen full time.....and we have home health coming in etc. It is a big change, because although he wasn't the most healthy person around, he was independent and active. Now he is using a walker and hooked up to oxygen.

I have done relatively well eating, although I haven't really tracked my food as much as I like to.......I go on Monday for a fill, not anticipating any loss on the scale.< /p>

Hope everyone is doing well.....I haven't been a good posting friend.......although I do read everyone's posts regularly.

Jackie

Melody, you go girl!! See? we go up, we go down! It was just an anomaly!

Jackie, sorry about your dad. My MIL has had pneumonia 3 times over the past year. It really does sap their strength, and is very hard to watch. Here's hoping he feels better soon. Glad you are still eating well. Journaling can take a back seat, but your nutrition shouldn't.

I got our taxes done today. I also do my MIL's taxes. I have quite the feeling of accomplishment. Yay!

My band has tightened up on me. It's better than it was a few days ago after the stuck incident. But it is strange how fickle the darned things can be! Ah well, a bit more restriction going into a cruise is a good thing, I am thinking!

It's very cold here. Snow level is down to 1000 feet! Wowser! We never see that. It's crazy!

Jackie: Sorry about your father. :( Good luck with your doctor's visit. Here's hoping the scale will surprise you!

Denise: I hope your band loosens up just a tad so you don't have to leave the table during dinner on your cruise...but no more than that. ;)

Shammah: You go, girl! Maybe with all that exercise, despite TOM, the scale will be kind to you this morning!

Deb: I'm in awe of the fish farm. I have a tough time keeping even a few tropical fish alive in one small tank. Then I have to deal with tremendous guilt when one of my little guys goes belly up...literally.

Gooood morning bandsters! I'm looking out the window at all of the yucky snow, but am hoping that the rain will just wash it away...while keeping a very close eye on the sump pump in my basement lest I end up with knee deep Water again. We had a full bang thunder and lightning storm through the night. So odd at this time of year but c'mon spring!

I'm feeling pretty good with the recent 6 pound WHOOSH! Only 10 more pounds to go and I have 10 weeks to do it! I'm very very hopeful!

Lots of stuff to do today. My little Go-fer (youngest son) is on spring break this week and promised (because he's had almost exclusive use of my car) to help me do some stuff I couldn't do without an extra pair of hands. Have a good one!

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are all well! Not much going on for me. I started walking at lunch with a co-worker and have been walking at least a mile or more each day. It feels good to get out in the fresh air!

Deb

So, my band is empty and the doctor has scheduled me for band removal on March 23rd. So far, the past few days haven't been bad but it is apparent that the band has changed some of my old bad habits. I no longer eat all day. I'm a 2-3 meal a day girl and quite content. I also take longer to eat and do a better job at chewing my food. Pre-band, I was always the first one done at the table most likely because I'd take a bite, chew 2-3 times and swallow. I plan on continuing both of these practices because I think they may be part of the key to not overeating.

So far, no hunger and I'm eating about 900 calories per day. Amazing, since I used to *starve* on a 1200 calorie diet. Perhaps the difference is that my blood sugar is stable for the first time in decades...no blood sugar swings from hypoglycemia or diabetes. I'm sure in large part due to the fact that my carbs are below 30gm and only come from vegies.

If my hunger doesn't come back, I'm going to be a bit po'd at all the years of obesity due to a hunger that could so easily have been controlled by eliminating grains and starches which rapidly effect my blood sugar. :angry:

In the meantime, I'm enjoying being able to eat without *any* stuck episodes and am looking forward to my chef's salad for lunch made with real romaine...which I haven't been able to eat since I started getting fills! Woohoo!

Hey everyone! Sorry for MIA, I feel bad because I haven't been reading and didn't realize all that has been happening.

Melody, I have to throw out there, I would have the sleeve in an instant even though I did well with my band, I will never.ever. go without a band or sleeve again. Plus I think the pain releases hormones that keep you from losing. I have no medical reason to back that up but it is my personal opinion. And I am sure my job as a car salesman gives me the knowledge to say that. :blink:

Bobbie sorry about you losing your job, the car business is very random and so we have a saying, "I was looking for a job when I found this one" so just get out there and find another. You can do it!;)

Crystl, I'm sending you good thoughts for you and your husband.

Denise, Are you gone on your cruise? Did I miss it?

I am going to have to join this pity party and complain about my life too, I hope y'all don't mind.

Last week my husband's ex-wife's new husband, committed suicide. First he spent all their money, canceled his life insurance, has been taking out a bunch of loans that she didn't know about, canceled their health insurance, then shot himself, leaving a huge financial mess that my husband is having to help her with since they have 3 kids they are still raising together, plus also she has a 6 year old with this guy. So his memorial service was Tuesday and we had to go and sit and listen to what a great guy he was (he wasn't) then yesterday I got a call that one of my rent houses was on fire. It burned completely so that is $500 a month income gone, plus the woman who lived there didn't have any rental insurance so I have the stress of feeling bad for her but they think the house was burned by her boyfriends ex-wife so I am mad at her as well. I just hope the drama is over for a while.

The good news is, my weight is staying the same I was 135.8 this morning, I would like to be 3 pounds lighter but I am too lazy to do anything about it so I am not complaining. My eating has been random, sometimes I am too lazy to eat right and just have chips and hot sauce cause it is easy to eat. :P

Wow Leigha, glad to hear from ya, but that sucks.