Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2010 Bandsters out there?

I got a cool NSV to share. first today is my birthday. I made an outfit for Easter and cut the pants by a 22 size pattern and i could not wear them. :( But today is my birthday and i was going through my closet lookinf for something to wear and that would fit. A friend of mine gave me some clothes and a pair of jeans that a couple of weeks ago i could not wear.

today i put them on and i can wear them comfortably and they look nice and not too tight!:bananajump:

the tag says they are size 20! woo hoo!

I told my husband i could care less if i got anything for my birthday just fitting into a smaller pair of jeans was birthday gift enough!

Everyone have a great and awesome day! :party:

That's an awesome birthday gift!!! Keep up the great work and have a happy birthday! I agree with just the small size being a great gift. My birthday is not til October but just thinking about how much smaller I could be by then is a good enough gift for me.

I got a cool NSV to share. first today is my birthday. I made an outfit for Easter and cut the pants by a 22 size pattern and i could not wear them. :( But today is my birthday and i was going through my closet lookinf for something to wear and that would fit. A friend of mine gave me some clothes and a pair of jeans that a couple of weeks ago i could not wear.

today i put them on and i can wear them comfortably and they look nice and not too tight!:bananajump:

the tag says they are size 20! woo hoo!

I told my husband i could care less if i got anything for my birthday just fitting into a smaller pair of jeans was birthday gift enough!

Everyone have a great and awesome day! :party:

Happy Birthday! I agree, smaller jeans is the best birthday present!!!

Enjoy your day!

Joan

I have not been on here much lately I had a horrible 6 wk stall and only lost 2 lbs. I had another fill on the 13th of this month and have lost 7 lbs since.. So exciting to be back on track. I went on a weekend getaway a few weeks ago with the hubby and bought 2 pairs of capris in a size 18. I am 220 now and still have quite a ways to go but I feel soooo much better than I did 4 months ago.

Number of fills: 4

Number of ccs: 5.5 (approximate she didn't tell me exactly how much last fill)

Band type/size: Lap Band 10 ccs

Sweet spot:: I feel good right now.. Before this last fill it was the worst It had ever been. I was waking in the middle of the night starving tummy rumbling, I am glad I didn't gain at least. I don't think I am at my sweet spot just yet but I feel like I'm close.

I swear... smaller clothes make all the difference! I usually lose some weight every day. Sometimes it is .1 of a pound, other times it is a full pound. My loss stalled for a couple of days and then the day before yesterday, I went shopping. I put on a pair of boyfit jeans in size 12 at American Eagle and they fit perfectly. So, I told myself that I must have been losing inches during the pound stall. I think the key was that I didn't get frustrated and give up where I would have on the hundreds of past attempts I have made to lose this weight.

Just 5 months ago, I was in a size 22 jean. I am half way to my goal with no fill and feeling like I can actually do make it this time. I've never been thin - my parents put me on Nutrisystem at age 12 - it literally has been a life long struggle.

I am so proud of all of us for sticking with it and giving ourselves what we deserve - a healthy life. Even when we falter, we get back on track.

As I have said before, December 2010 Bandsters freaking ROCK! biggrin.gif

I have not been on here much lately I had a horrible 6 wk stall and only lost 2 lbs. I had another fill on the 13th of this month and have lost 7 lbs since.. So exciting to be back on track. I went on a weekend getaway a few weeks ago with the hubby and bought 2 pairs of capris in a size 18. I am 220 now and still have quite a ways to go but I feel soooo much better than I did 4 months ago.

Number of fills: 4

Number of ccs: 5.5 (approximate she didn't tell me exactly how much last fill)

Band type/size: Lap Band 10 ccs

Sweet spot:: I feel good right now.. Before this last fill it was the worst It had ever been. I was waking in the middle of the night starving tummy rumbling, I am glad I didn't gain at least. I don't think I am at my sweet spot just yet but I feel like I'm close.

It sounds like you are at a great band place. I feel so much better than I did 4 months ago, too. Isn't it wonderful?! :)

I swear... smaller clothes make all the difference! I usually lose some weight every day. Sometimes it is .1 of a pound, other times it is a full pound. My loss stalled for a couple of days and then the day before yesterday, I went shopping. I put on a pair of boyfit jeans in size 12 at American Eagle and they fit perfectly. So, I told myself that I must have been losing inches during the pound stall. I think the key was that I didn't get frustrated and give up where I would have on the hundreds of past attempts I have made to lose this weight.

Just 5 months ago, I was in a size 22 jean. I am half way to my goal with no fill and feeling like I can actually do make it this time. I've never been thin - my parents put me on Nutrisystem at age 12 - it literally has been a life long struggle.

I am so proud of all of us for sticking with it and giving ourselves what we deserve - a healthy life. Even when we falter, we get back on track.

As I have said before, December 2010 Bandsters freaking ROCK! biggrin.gif

I really agree with what you said about actually making it this time and not giving up. Size 12 jeans! Good for you!!

I have an appt. tomorrow. I feel SO much better since my deflate on Monday. I kinda hope I get a little fill tomorrow because I am hungry once again and it's a little scary. B)

Joan

It sounds like you are at a great band place. I feel so much better than I did 4 months ago, too. Isn't it wonderful?! :)

It is definitely wonderful.. I feel so much better and more energetic and just feel so much better about myself. It's the best thing I have done for myself in a long time.

That's awesome. Sometimes when the scale isn't moving much for me, I like to look at the "before" picture I took of the old beer gut and then look in the mirror and it's way more than half the size.

I have a nasty habit of weighing myself every day or every other day, and then get frustrated when I don't lose or go up slightly. I should stop doing this, but I feel like I'm creeping into the realm of being OCD about it... I'll have my wife slap me.

That's awesome. Sometimes when the scale isn't moving much for me, I like to look at the "before" picture I took of the old beer gut and then look in the mirror and it's way more than half the size.

I have a nasty habit of weighing myself every day or every other day, and then get frustrated when I don't lose or go up slightly. I should stop doing this, but I feel like I'm creeping into the realm of being OCD about it... I'll have my wife slap me.

i am the same way. i will not replace the battery in my home scale for that exact reason. there is a package scale at work that i weigh in on every Monday morning. I want to lose but do not want to be obsessed with that scale everyday. Good luck and everyone have a great week!:D

I was banded 12/6/2010, I had my first fill in February. I have just 3.3 cc's in my regular lapband. When I had a fill a month ago, she put in just the .3 cc's. Which I thot was odd, up until then I had lost every visit. I have NOT found my sweet spot yet..

I can pretty much eat anything I want, I just eat slowly, taking about 20 minutes for each meal, and yes I feel hungry in between meals. I can eat and drink right after I get up in the morning, not a problem at all.

I have a visit scheduled in the morning, I hope I get a titch more than I got last time. The day after my fill, I called back to the office and told them I felt like I had nothing added, I had to return, my doctor wasn't available, so I saw a colleague. He told me that if I was his patient I would have at least 5 cc's and that I shoudn't be able to eat for at least 4 hrs after waking..

So I need to step up and find out which is the right thinking..

what do you all think??

He told me that if I was his patient I would have at least 5 cc's and that I shoudn't be able to eat for at least 4 hrs after waking..

So I need to step up and find out which is the right thinking..

what do you all think??

Really? You shouldn't be ABLE to eat after 4 hours after waking? That doesn't sound right at all... I would be useless if that happened

Really? You shouldn't be ABLE to eat after 4 hours after waking? That doesn't sound right at all... I would be useless if that happened

I agree, and that's what I think too. Altho I know that if you are at the sweet spot, your band will be slightly swollen in the morning, and you can drink but not probably eat right away.

I have never heard of a doctor saying you shouldn't be able to eat until 4 hours after getting up?! Different doctors fill at different rates. Yours is probably more conservative than his/her partner. Some people get filled too aggressively and end of having to have an urgent deflate. It sounds to me like you are due for a small fill at your next appointment.

Joan

I have never heard of a doctor saying you shouldn't be able to eat until 4 hours after getting up?! Different doctors fill at different rates. Yours is probably more conservative than his/her partner. Some people get filled too aggressively and end of having to have an urgent deflate. It sounds to me like you are due for a small fill at your next appointment.

Joan

Thanks Joan, that is what I am hoping for! I think you are right at her being more conservative..I guess I am good with that..I wouldn't want to have an emergency deflate!

I have never heard of a doctor saying you shouldn't be able to eat until 4 hours after getting up. There are some people on here who are tighter in the morning and have to either wait a while to eat or choose slider foods in the morning but I've never heard that this is how it should be...strange...