Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2010 Bandsters!!

I am having my Lap Band surgery on the 25th of Oct. looking forward to it :)

Good luck :))

Ok i have some questions... probably more of a complaint really... lol

I'm on the Bariatric Advantage shakes, 6 a day with broth, sf Jello, sf popsicles, allowed. My head is freaking killing me. My eyes hurt too. Is this normal? Also my mind is playing tricks on me. Trying to convince me I dont really need/want this surgery. Making me crave salty fatty things that I dont even eat... I feel like I'm going crazy... This is day two. Yesterday i only drank 5 shakes. I couldn't choke down another. Is it going to get better? Does this headache go away soon? I know I'm not going to die but I'm sure not feeling very strong right now, mentally that is. Band date is oct. 28th. Did anyone else start getting a little cold feet?

My surgery date is 10/25/10 and i am freaking out. Most of your posts are making me feel better. I am excited and scared. If only i had a crystal ball.

Puppey - Why not take the time off work if you have it!! I had it and took off 2 weeks. Had the time on the books!!! Glad your doing good, go to my 1st doctor appointment today 10:00 am. Can't drink much had a shake for Breakfast, not sure if I can even down one for lunch. Will try doing ok at dinner having a Potato/Garlic cream Soup mmm good!! Keep us all posted!!!

I plan to lol. My boss even knows I could come back in a week or two, but said go for it. He just had gastric bypass and enjoyed his 6 weeks off I think. :)

:) I bet if you look at all the clothing catalogs, that pain will be easier to withstand! LOL.... It is sooo encouraging to hear that it is bearable. I know they say it is not as bad as childbirth, but it has many, many years since I have given birth. And the memory does fade.:) I'm looking to you to know that I will survive.

My husband is having a very hard time because I can't eat this week. He told me last night that I could back out any time I wanted to. I keep telling him that it will be better....eventually. I will be able to eat most everything I love but in a lot smaller portion. Five more days! If I can hang in there. I have to admit, I have gotten hungry several times. How do you get past this? What did you "eat" pre-op? It is so hard to come up with different things to drink. And of course, the headache! Ugh!

Please let me hear from you. It's good to have friends to go through this with.

Blessings, Pat

Hi Pat, Well I'm day 3 on the recovery"band" wagon and it's getting better. they repaired a hernia while they were in there so getting up and down has been hard but I'm keeping my eye on the prize. sending my prayers and best wishes your way. Let me know how you're doing:smile2:.

October 26th is my day too...Buffalo NY Dr. Posner

Done and over, lap band was placed in me about 4 hours ago. At home, did extremely well, no issues, minimal pain, at home walking and doing my normal routine (slower pace) and won't go back to work until some time next week. Sipping Water, hanging out with my sister, and thinking this is was the best decision I've made in a long, long time. Good luck to everyone else in October!

Great to hear everyones doing so great. I have 5 day to go:thumbup: and really feeling pretty good, no head ache been to the chiropractor to make sure all my spine is in line for a healthy recovery.:)

My doctor is really good he lets you have dill pickles :tt2:to chew on and get the sweet taste out of your mouth that the shakes bring. I have added spicey V-8 hot to my vanilla shakes and it is a change up. At first when I went to town all the smells bothered me I want to drive in to places I wouldn't normally want but it all passes, my husband said today I could have one last meal if I wanted. What would it be? I said "No I have come this far and really don't want to cheat on myself." I can do this, for me.

So you might get tempted but hold out,:) your worth it. Everyone on here is praying for you and everyone else. I hope everyone keeps in touch a little after surgery day so each one can see how well we all turned out.

One more thing I think it would be great if more people added their pictures and towns and states to the profile so we could see where you all are from. Before and after pictures.

Everyone keep in touch. good luck. , . pray for me on the 20th. cherie

Great to hear everyones doing so great. I have 5 day to go:thumbup: and really feeling pretty good, no head ache been to the chiropractor to make sure all my spine is in line for a healthy recovery.:)

My doctor is really good he lets you have dill pickles :tt2:to chew on and get the sweet taste out of your mouth that the shakes bring. I have added spicey V-8 hot to my vanilla shakes and it is a change up. At first when I went to town all the smells bothered me I want to drive in to places I wouldn't normally want but it all passes, my husband said today I could have one last meal if I wanted. What would it be? I said "No I have come this far and really don't want to cheat on myself." I can do this, for me.

So you might get tempted but hold out,:) your worth it. Everyone on here is praying for you and everyone else. I hope everyone keeps in touch a little after surgery day so each one can see how well we all turned out.

One more thing I think it would be great if more people added their pictures and towns and states to the profile so we could see where you all are from. Before and after pictures.

Everyone keep in touch. good luck. , . pray for me on the 20th. cherie

Will do Cherie you sound like you'll be well prepared. Had mine on the 12th feeling better today. All the best!:)

My surgery will be October 25th!!! :wink2:

I have to say that I have been a "lurker" on this site for quite a while just getting informed by reading all of the posts. Like many of you, I am very nervous and skeptical, but all of your posts have been very reassuring. I am on day 3 of my liquid diet and am still struggling. For me, I find that it is more of a mental game than an actual hunger thing. I feel that it is getting better each day and soon I will be used to it. I want to thank you for all of your posts, as they have been quite an inspiration.

Congrats to all of those who have been banded and here is too those of us who haven't :)

I am on the Unjury diet, its not so bad I can have Cream of wheat or Oat meal for Breakfast with my vanilla protien shake it taste pretty good :wink2: I do get hungery by I know this is what I want. So I can do the protien shakes, the protien jello-O , the protien pudding, the yogurt, the V8- juice and the apple sauce :bolt: I have 8 more days until surgery! :)

Hi my name is Sandy and im 35 and i just got banded on Oct.1! Im feeling alot better today, my surgery was pretty painful..but everyone else's experience is different they had no pain! Good Luck to you in a few days =)

I was just banded wed oct.13. So far i don't feel too bad. I arrived for surgury at 11:00 am. I was taken to my room in day surgury got undressed and changed into my gown. The nurse came in to start my iv and take a little bloodwork. The nurse went over my schedule for the morning. The morning went by very quickly. They put some medication in my iv and wheeled me down the hall for surgury. I fell asleep before they even gave me the anestisa. I woke up with a little pain. They gave me some pain medicine it worked right away. They then took me down the hall for my bariam test. I had to drink a sickly sweet drink and they looked through an xray machine to make sure it was passing through my stomach. They took me back to my room. Checked my vitals gave me a glass of Water, went the bathroom. Then i was headed home about 6:00pm. I have not been to uncomfortable. I have been keeping up with my medications and being careful getting up and down. Walking really helps with the gas pains and so does gas x. Overall everything went smoothly.

Done and over, LAP-BAND® was placed in me about 4 hours ago. At home, did extremely well, no issues, minimal pain, at home walking and doing my normal routine (slower pace) and won't go back to work until some time next week. Sipping Water, hanging out with my sister, and thinking this is was the best decision I've made in a long, long time. Good luck to everyone else in October!

Congrats on getting your band! I was banded on Oct. 5 and I am so glad! Wish I'd done it sooner but I guess I wasn't ready. I feel so empowered by being able to get a handle on what I eat! I have so much energy - I've cleaned out my closets, tossed the clothes that are too big, just feel so much lighter in body and spirit. I hope I continue to be so motivated. Good luck to you and all the other October bandsters!

I just got banded October 7th

I finally got my date today!! Woohoo! Feel like I have been waiting forever. October 18th they offered me the 5th but b/c of my work schedule I could not do it :) I feel so much better though that I have a date and can now make plans, with time off work etc...

Who else is getting banded in October? I think it will be nice to have others to compare feelings and stories with, as we are going through this.

Good Luck to everyone! New Chapter here I come :wink2: