Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any September 2010 bandsters to be out there?

Day 3 of 10 on the pre-op diet....not so bad now, the hunger pains have subsided. I woke up with some congestion and a sore throat, so I'm off to the PCP to hopefully stave off any problems since I'm being banded a week from tomorrow. I hope everyone has a great day! Hang in there, keep your chins up...September is coming sooner than we think!!!:(

I'm new and this is my first post. I thought I'd make it official. I'm scheduled for September 17th. I start the pre-op diet on September 7th, the day after my birthday. I plan on making it some birthday too. :tongue2:

I am nervous. I hope I can make it work this time.:(

Day 3 of 10 on the pre-op diet....not so bad now, the hunger pains have subsided. I woke up with some congestion and a sore throat, so I'm off to the PCP to hopefully stave off any problems since I'm being banded a week from tomorrow. I hope everyone has a great day! Hang in there, keep your chins up...September is coming sooner than we think!!!:o

Yeay good lass! I'm on homemade soup!!!! that and tsp honey or odd marshmallow for somethiing sweet as that has no fat in !!LOL - I'm day after you - can't wait: I see Consultant tomoro please everybody wish me luck: I really need him to tell me my BMI is in 39s to save £1,000 !!!!:P

I am new to this site and I just found out that my insurance approved my surgery. I have set the date for Sept. 17. I am so excited and nervous at the same time. Aug. 30th I meet with my surgeon for my pre-op visit. So nervous about everything!

I just talked to my primary doctor and I am going to have to wait 3-6 months to fully recover from mono before I can have my surgery.

I'm afraid that if it extends into next year I'll have to have all my testing redone.

Congrats pooky!! wow!!! I go on the 9th!!

I just found out this week that my insurance approved my surgery and my date is set for September 16! Excited and relieved that I am finally moving forward and the date is set. It's taken 5 months to jump through the hoops and testing required. Looking forward to talking more with all the other September bandsters out there!

--Lisa

Went to surgeon on Friday 8/27/10 for pre op appt. Didn't say anything about losing weight before. My surgery is scheduled for 9/2/10. Can't wait, excited and nerveous. Want to start the new chapter in my life.

Well, several of us start our life after banding this week. How is everyone doing on the pre-op diet?

Hello. I am also new. Got my surgery date today and it is 23rd September so not long to wait :thumbup:

Well, several of us start our life after banding this week. How is everyone doing on the pre-op diet?

How are you doin pooky? I'm going to start again from today as had a little 'relaxer' this weekend - COS I LOST 1 STONE and 2lbs in 10 DAYS and therefore saved myself that 1k - I DID IT!!! (so hubby says why not keep going and save yourself a further £6k...! grrrr - wish it was THAT simple but my head has somehting to say bout that!)

I think if you have or have not been told by Doctor to start a low fat trend before op - you should.

It is still easy enough to cheat with this band (those that fail melt choc and still consume little and often the wrong stuff as my Dr explained you have to bend with this band and work at fining foods that suit without the reflux and not fall back on the easier foods to eat - which are usually the biscuits etc)Plus the pre op is good training for better eating habits.

As I've paid for this I'm determined to make it work.

I'm scared of everything: the op,any post pain, reflux and ultimately and hopefully being of a size I've never been b4; and more importantly to me: maintaining it.

But it's opportunity and boy what a journey!!!!

I get banded THIS FRIDAY!!!!

I'll see you guys on the shrinking train later! Good luck to all - let's make some dreams come true ....xxx:thumbup:

How are you doin pooky? I'm going to start again from today as had a little 'relaxer' this weekend - COS I LOST 1 STONE and 2lbs in 10 DAYS and therefore saved myself that 1k - I DID IT!!! (so hubby says why not keep going and save yourself a further £6k...! grrrr - wish it was THAT simple but my head has somehting to say bout that!)

I think if you have or have not been told by Doctor to start a low fat trend before op - you should.

It is still easy enough to cheat with this band (those that fail melt choc and still consume little and often the wrong stuff as my Dr explained you have to bend with this band and work at fining foods that suit without the reflux and not fall back on the easier foods to eat - which are usually the biscuits etc)Plus the pre op is good training for better eating habits.

As I've paid for this I'm determined to make it work.

I'm scared of everything: the op,any post pain, reflux and ultimately and hopefully being of a size I've never been b4; and more importantly to me: maintaining it.

But it's opportunity and boy what a journey!!!!

I get banded THIS FRIDAY!!!!

I'll see you guys on the shrinking train later! Good luck to all - let's make some dreams come true ....xxx:thumbup:

Hey Angel, I'm doing ok....hungry, but doing ok. I only have one more day of this pre-op deal, then off to the hospital Thursday morning. I am excited, but very nervous.

Oh well done you - I've just been eating nougat !!! (slapping myself here whilst typing) - eeek HOW excited must you be - hey I won't be able to speak to you til Sat prob Sun - get in touch with me and we can compare notes! LOL! Good luck honey pie! xxx

Yup! I'm banded in 8 days and counting! 9/9 :biggrin:

hi to everyone being lapbanded this month. I'm stopping by to wish you all an uneventful surgery and speedy recovery. I'm 4 years out and have been maintaining a normal, healthy weight since late 2007. I spend a lot of time now paying it forward. I'm here for support and any last minute questions you have. Let me know if I can help.