Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any September 2010 bandsters to be out there?

I am also having my surgery on Sept 2nd. I am anxious and excited at the same time! Good luck to all you September banders!:(

weight.png

Hi ahl - how exciting, your band day's gonna be here before you know it - are you insurance or self pay? Where are you located?

Hey,

I am going through insurance pay, i am so glad it went through that was my big worry. The time is going super quick. I can't wait to start the changes in my life and see the effects! I live in Massachusetts or should i say TAXACHUSETTS!!!!

this is for everyone....just curious if you are trying to get approval for surgery what insurance company are you going through?

Hey crecia! How funny that we're both in FW! Who's your doc? I'm going to Monterrey for my surgery - I'm self pay.

Welcome to everyone else as well! I can't say I can relate to the insurance process ya'll are going through but I hope it all goes FAST! :)

blondeej, I am going to Dr. David Kim. I really like him and his staff. They have really helped me with this insurance stuff. It's kind of made me afraid that something bad will happen since everything has gone so smoothly so far. :smile2:

I would probably be going to Monterrey myself if I was self pay. Let us know how that goes. I would love to know just in case my insurance company decides to act a fool!

this is for everyone....just curious if you are trying to get approval for surgery what insurance company are you going through?

I'm trying to get mine through Cigna. I have the Open Access Plus plan and our coverage is pretty good so I'm hoping everything will turn out ok.

lacrecia - I originally was going to him as well - had my surgery scheduled for the end of this month, till I got some advice and decided on Monterrey! One of my coworkers is a patient of his - she's lost 90 lbs or so.

blondeej, I am going to Dr. David Kim. I really like him and his staff. They have really helped me with this insurance stuff. It's kind of made me afraid that something bad will happen since everything has gone so smoothly so far. :)

I would probably be going to Monterrey myself if I was self pay. Let us know how that goes. I would love to know just in case my insurance company decides to act a fool!

I have CIGNA open access plus as well but of COURSE our companies policy has an exclusion....:smile2:

I have CIGNA open access plus as well but of COURSE our companies policy has an exclusion....:smile2:

That really sucks!!!

I actually had a very interesting conversation with Cigna yesterday. I had my last supervised diet appointment on Thursday. I called Cigna yesterday afternoon just to check on my paperwork. They said my plan does not require preauthorization. They said WLS is a covered benefit and they don't need to see any paperwork until AFTER the procedure is done. As long as I've done my 6 months of diet, psych eval, gotten a letter of medical neccessity and have a high BMI I am set. They will just process it like any other claim. I couldn't believe it! I know I have to pay $1,250.00 for my max out of pocket for the year and I already have that ready. I actually asked the girl again to be sure and she said it's covered as long as it's outpatient. Now I don't know what to do. I think I'll just call/email the insurance lady in Dr. Kim's office and see what she says.

I really want to get the ball rolling.

lacrecia - I originally was going to him as well - had my surgery scheduled for the end of this month, till I got some advice and decided on Monterrey! One of my coworkers is a patient of his - she's lost 90 lbs or so.

Why did you stop going to Dr. Kim, if you don't mind me asking?

I first noticed his billboards, but was never really serious about getting anything done until I heard about him from my husband's co-worker. He got gastric bypass, with another surgeon, and has had issues. He is trying to go to Dr. Kim for a revision after hearing a lot of good things about him. I've done a lot of research and I only saw good things about him so I think I made a good choice. Does your co-worker like him?

Day 1 of the liquid pre-op diet. I do have a bit of a headache, but thank goodness I'm not at work for the next several days so I can adjust to this before I go back to work.

September 27th :]

I am so excited!!!!!! What's our cute little name going to be!?

Why did you stop going to Dr. Kim, if you don't mind me asking?

I first noticed his billboards, but was never really serious about getting anything done until I heard about him from my husband's co-worker. He got gastric bypass, with another surgeon, and has had issues. He is trying to go to Dr. Kim for a revision after hearing a lot of good things about him. I've done a lot of research and I only saw good things about him so I think I made a good choice. Does your co-worker like him?

Well, honestly I didn't have "fuzzie" feelings (for lack of a better term, lol) from the get-go. I felt very rushed through my consult - he spent maybe a whole 10 mins w me - I even had a list of questions I wanted answered that I didn't get done with because he kept trying to wrap it up. He didn't even ask about my weight history, if I was having any problems because of it, NOTHING... very inpersonal... which is fine, I don't expect my doctor to be Mr. Personality... maybe it was just a rushed day, I don't know. My appointment was at 1 and they didn't take me back until 2 o'clock, even though I was the very first person there in the waiting room (arrived at 12:30) when they opened back up after lunch - they actually took back about 6 people in front of me that arrived AFTER me... I grew up in medical offices, my mother was a Pratice Manager for many years - and this is just poor office management IMO. On the other hand - his help was really great - they seemed compassionate and honestly concered. My co-worker has nothing but good things to say about them. Maybe I just had a bad experience, idk. I don't want to slam anyone or any doc's practice. :smile2: He's obviously more than qualified, experience wise.

I just chose Monterrey because of the awesome reviews former patients have given me of the hospitals and services - and #1 was the price... can't beat it with a stick, especially since I am self pay!! :)

September 27th :]

I am so excited!!!!!! What's our cute little name going to be!?

We will have to think of something babyk!! What's your name and where are you from? I am excited for you!!!:smile2:

Hi i have get my band on 10th Sept 2010, im 42 so ive spoilt the 20s age band even more ,,,,sorry guys x im young at heart promise :smile2:

Well, honestly I didn't have "fuzzie" feelings (for lack of a better term, lol) from the get-go. I felt very rushed through my consult - he spent maybe a whole 10 mins w me - I even had a list of questions I wanted answered that I didn't get done with because he kept trying to wrap it up. He didn't even ask about my weight history, if I was having any problems because of it, NOTHING... very inpersonal... which is fine, I don't expect my doctor to be Mr. Personality... maybe it was just a rushed day, I don't know. My appointment was at 1 and they didn't take me back until 2 o'clock, even though I was the very first person there in the waiting room (arrived at 12:30) when they opened back up after lunch - they actually took back about 6 people in front of me that arrived AFTER me... I grew up in medical offices, my mother was a Pratice Manager for many years - and this is just poor office management IMO. On the other hand - his help was really great - they seemed compassionate and honestly concered. My co-worker has nothing but good things to say about them. Maybe I just had a bad experience, idk. I don't want to slam anyone or any doc's practice. :smile2: He's obviously more than qualified, experience wise.

I just chose Monterrey because of the awesome reviews former patients have given me of the hospitals and services - and #1 was the price... can't beat it with a stick, especially since I am self pay!! :)

You know what? You did the right thing for you :eek:. You shouldn't go to a doctor that doesn't make you comfortable or feel good about what you are about to do. I would have gone to someone else if my experience would have been like yours, but mine was awesome :thumbup:. My consult was on a Saturday morning and I was the first appointment. I was a little late because I got a little lost and it was raining like cats and dogs. They still got me to the back in a reasonable amount of time. I had some questions, but he seemed to know what info I wanted so he answered everything before I could even ask. They have been great (so far) so I'm happy.

I'm sure I would be looking at Mexico myself if I was self pay.