Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any September 2010 bandsters to be out there?

We will have to think of something babyk!! What's your name and where are you from? I am excited for you!!!:smile2:

a I am from Los Angeles :]

Edited by babyk

Pooky, we have the same day! I started my pre-op diet three days ago and so far its going ok, but I must warn you of the diarrhea. No, its not pleasant, but I wish someone had warned me!

Alot of us have been posting under the other September 2010 thread- there you can find a complete list of people who share September Bandster Birthdays!

Kjirsten :] the j is silent haha I am from Los Angeles :]

I LOVE that - is it Swedish or something?

Girl! LA?! Okay, you're officially the big city girl out of all of us! lol

My name is Trisha - in case I forgot to mention (the h is silent...) lol :smile2:

Pooky, we have the same day! I started my pre-op diet three days ago and so far its going ok, but I must warn you of the diarrhea. No, its not pleasant, but I wish someone had warned me!

Alot of us have been posting under the other September 2010 thread- there you can find a complete list of people who share September Bandster Birthdays!

Can't you take Immodium or something for that?? I feel bad for ya'll... my doc doesn't have a pre-op diet - just nothing after 9pm the night before... :smile2:

Hello all!

My name is Sara and my surgery date is 9/15 :smile2:

I am in Northwest Arkansas.

I have been trying to really shape up as much as I can before surgery so that maybe recovery will be a little better...but it's going so well my brain is trying to fool me into thinking well, maybe I don't need the surgery after all. I am doing a 4 week boot camp program at my gym and it has been 90 minutes of hell three days a week, bruises and all...but then I squash the worry about having surgery because I know I need to KEEP it off, that is my problem!

Surgery scheduled for mid Sept. Nervous and excited at the same time.

Hi im Ally if all goes well i get my band 10th Sept with the hospital group, i havent got a clue what im doing with this site and unsure if youll even get this message :smile2: but ill get used to it!!!, Im from the north of england,:) good luck in your journeys people x

Hey Sarah, Overweight and Ally! Welcome! Yep Ally, we can see your message! lol You'll have to give us all an inside look into the process of the banding procedure overseas - I am sure they do some things differently (especially the stones thing, I don't get it... I will have to learn the conversion....).

Sarah - I think your thoughts are SO normal.... I grew up very athletic, did 3-4 sports at at time, was still athletic thru most of college - but even when I was playing sports and exercising constantly, I was STILL "dieting" aka starving myself, etc. While planning this process I've thought, "what's wrong with me? Why am I paying all this money? Why can't I just do it like everyone else and just exercise and diet??". Well, that's because I'm not LIKE everybody else! I've come to realize that.... and I need to make a drastic change... I've been fighting this my whole life and I am exhausted... I don't want to be sick and tired of being sick and tired anymore.... I want a new, weight-worry-free life and I am hoping the band is my first step towards that.

GOOD FOR YOU though for doing that bootcamp! Those things are NOT EASY!!!

PS - I am sorry I spelled your name with an H instead of Sara.....

this is for everyone....just curious if you are trying to get approval for surgery what insurance company are you going through?

My insurance company is Waterstone Benefit Administrators who work on behalf of PPO Oklahoma. I think the reason my approval went through so fast is because I work for the hospital system that I am having my surgery done in. It only took 6 days from submission to approval. I think I was one of the luckier ones!

Welcome to all the newbies on our thread!!! I am so glad to see how many responses we've gotten, and how many of us are all going through the ropes at the same time. It's going to be tough, but we can all make it with a lot of faith, hard work and support for each other. I had my final nutrition consult, and met with the office RN for an overview of the hospital and how the stay works, and tomorrow I meet with my surgeon to sign consents, have labs drawn and to finalize all the plans....then its off to pre-op diet land on Monday. Wow...2 weeks from tomorrow will be here sooner than I thought!!! I can't wait!

Best wishes too all you September Sweeties waiting to be banded this month too!!!

im from beavercreek ohio anyone else from here

im from beavercreek ohio anyone else from here

No, but I would love to be from somewhere with Beaver in the city name! lol Beavertown, Tx. That would be awesome. :smile2:

Welcome! When's your surgery date?

yea!!! haha i love it live by the beach :]

Hi ya!!!!

Thanks for the invite Blondeeej!!!

Hi ya folks!!! had a quick read thro on this page - you all sound very friendly; guessing I'll be Big Sis on this page as I'm 34! ? LOL!!!!

I'm booked to see Dr Dexter on 27th Aug with LAP Op appt on 3rd Sept - booked through Gravitas!!!

Have started (as in on Monday!) trying to lose as much weight b4 seeing consultant week on fri as if my BMI is lower than now (eg in 35-39 bracket) it'll cost me £1,000 less! Big saving eh?!

I've done a big vat of weight watchers '0' point vegetable Soup and doctors helped me by prescribing those fat busting pills to aid my Quest - glugging lotsa Water too! So you can imagine the air quality around me ! LOL (how rude!)

Hey don't know about you but alot of it does all come down to 'mental issues' with me as to what's holding me back from achieving our dreams - got a great link here for you to check out from someone who's been there (on CD tho not GB) - I urge you to click thro and LISTEN to him on the audio - he make a whole lot of sense!

The Diet Guy

Later dudettes - hope you have a goal achieving day! xxx