Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Rush in bandland!

Are all of you already counting calories and keeping track of carbs and stuff? I was under the assumption that right now its just about healing and since I cant eat a whole bunch of stuff to not worry about all of that. I know when I get to the solid food stage I will need to be more conscience (sp?) but for now just to get some foods in during each stage while you are healing.

Anyways, Im feeling pretty good today. Down 31 lbs and people are starting to notice too! That makes me excited! Im still having some gas issues- it hurts right in the middle of my chest and also the same spot in my back too. although Ive been sleeping on my back a lot so it could just be that my back needs to be popped but I dont want to try that yet.

Its amazing to me how much better Im feeling now that Im drinking my Protein Shakes too.

Amber! Wow I want to do what ever you are doing! 31 lbs?? that is terrific...holy moly .

What is your typical diet during the day?

Its been 31 total lbs since the start of this whole journey back in November 2009. I lost about 14 lbs on my 6 month diet and was 263 the day of surgery. Then I was on a 2 week high protein/low carb diet prior to surgery but the scale had not shown any weight loss during that 2 weeks. So I think some of it coming off was due to the preop diet and then of course the liquid diet after surgery.

Amber! Wow I want to do what ever you are doing! 31 lbs?? that is terrific...holy moly .

What is your typical diet during the day?

I'm ten days out, and I still have trouble drinking a full Protein Shake. What I've started doing is only mixing them half strength (Half the liquid, half the powder) and drinking them more often throughout the day. That's helping me a lot!

I could not stomach the Meal Replacement powder shakes that I did pre-op. I had my follow up today and bought the ready to drink, PureProtein shakes in chocolate Peanut Butter and Cookies and cream. Much more tolerable than the powder.

Do you guys have any port pain yet? OMG! I do. Sometimes it's not too bad but sometimes it's so sharp it's terrible.

Nope, not a bit for me. The only way I even know where my port is, is that one of the incisions is much larger than the others and the nurse told me it was my port incision. I hope that pain clears up for you soon!

Do you guys have any port pain yet? OMG! I do. Sometimes it's not too bad but sometimes it's so sharp it's terrible.

Mine also comes and goes. It is sometimes like I just ran a mile and have a huge stitch in my side that takes my breath away, and other times it is hardly noticable.

I'm day 2 post op and I have a couple of questions. I'm not hungry at all, I have no desire to eat. Yesterday I had 2 11 oz shakes and some crystal light, today, I've had 1 11 oz shake and a yogurt. I've been able to take all of my medications (I take about 6 pills a day for my heart) and everything seems to be going down fine. I'm certain that I'm not eating/drinking enough but I don't feel like it. Has anyone else experienced this in the first few days? I am having gas issues too, I feel really bloated and uncomfortable. I've been taking gas x strips, they seem to help. I also gained 5 lbs since surgery, it's gas and liquid, right???? I figured I'll have a big loss when my body gets back to normal...I hope!

I feel the exact same way. I have no desire to eat and when I drink something, i feel more gas pain. I have also gained 2 pounds since surgery but I figure it's due to the fluids and swelling from surgery.

I havent been having port pain but I have had a pain in the center of my chest since yesterday and sometimes it makes it hard to breathe deeply. It also hurts really bad when I hiccup. I figure its just gas that still needs to get out but no matter what I do it is still there.

I don't have port pain per say, but the incision for the port is very painful, if I do too much bending, it starts to get very very sore.

How is everyone doing with their Multivitamins daily? The ones I have by baratric advantage are OK, I feel like I'm eating grape flavored tums sometimes, but I'm chewing them down.

How is everyone doing with their multivitamins daily? The ones I have by baratric advantage are OK, I feel like I'm eating grape flavored tums sometimes, but I'm chewing them down.

I'm using Centrum chewables and Viactiv calcium chews. Both are okay, but I don't like giving up 65 calories a day to supplements! Not to mention the 15 calories per serving of the Fiber I'm supposed to be taking -- three times a day! That's 110 calories that I'm not really eating each day! BOO!

I don't have port pain per say, but the incision for the port is very painful, if I do too much bending, it starts to get very very sore.

Oh yeah. If I drop something on the floor it can just stay there until dh or my ds picks it up. I don't even bother.

The only port pain I have is from the larger incision. The port seems fine. I feel it pull now and then and then I remember to slow down. I'm feeling less of a dependency on the Vicodin today. Maybe I will be able to wean off by tomorrow...

Well later today I will belong in here getting my band today so excited and scared! But more excited I didn't even drink my third shake today cuz I wasn't hungry it was odd I was starving earlier in the day my husband heard my tummy roar lol :)

How is everyone doing with their multivitamins daily? The ones I have by baratric advantage are OK, I feel like I'm eating grape flavored tums sometimes, but I'm chewing them down.

Check with your surgeon about tums, Mine said absolutely no Tums post op!