Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Rush in bandland!

I Googled the Protein Bullets.

They come in a little bottle like 5 hour energy now and they have 42g of Protein in each serving.

On some sites they are even sold as for WLS patients.

I read a lot of controversy about it on OH.com and a couple of other sites. Some say they have researched and our bodies cannot absorb that much Protein in one take. They make them in to 2 drinks like Jen said and they come out much like a Kool aid thing, haven't had that in ages.

Some say their Dr recommended and others No. Some say they take them regularly and their protein levels are perfect.

I was about to buy a case from vitacost but I think I will just buy a couple or 3 shots and try them out when I have the days when I can't take in much and go from there.

I'm a little vain and worried about losing hair and keeping my nails up. I have yet to find a Biotin supp. that doesn't come in a big white capsule. I've always had problems swallowing pills and caps and would get stuck sometimes w/o the band so I can just imagine with it.

I've read the same thing. I've read you can't absorb more than 25 grams at a time.

I used to take Appearex for my nails. It's Biotin and I remember it being small. It was just more expensive than other brands of Biotin.< /p>

I am new to the boards. I had my surgery on the 12th. I'm a bit worried that I am having such a hard time drinking liquids (broth, Protein Shakes, beverages) without always burping. They are not quiet burps, but loud. I'm not sure if this is normal. As for food, I am food is not appealing to me yet. I hope it will be soon.

I'm trying my best to keep my vitimen and Protein count at a normal level though I don't think I've been successful. When should I worry?

An inquiring mind would like to know,

PamS

I have been on mushies since the day after my surgery. I have even eaten a couple of items and chewed the heck out of them until they were mushy before I swollowed them. I am anxiously awaiting regular foods, which will probably begin after my first post op appointment on 8/23.

I am new to the boards. I had my surgery on the 12th. I'm a bit worried that I am having such a hard time drinking liquids (broth, Protein Shakes, beverages) without always burping. They are not quiet burps, but loud. I'm not sure if this is normal. As for food, I am food is not appealing to me yet. I hope it will be soon.

I'm trying my best to keep my vitimen and Protein count at a normal level though I don't think I've been successful. When should I worry?

PamS

Pam:

CONGRATS on your surgery:thumbup:.

Trust me after a couple of days, your gonna want real food. You get tired of all the liquids. I am still post op on liquids and I am ready for real food. I have to wait 2 more weeks of mushies and then I get the real thing. lol

I know Protein is real important but not sure. If you don't get enough, you can lose some of your hair.

GOOD LUCK!:cursing:

Debbie

weight.png

6/5/10 Predetermination

7/13/10 Insurance approved

7/37/10 2 week liquid diet

8/10/10 SURGERY

I'm reposting. I asked a question but I noticed I posted under the August group subject. Oh, and thanks Debbie:-)

BTW, how do you get the goal meter to show up?

PamS

Steggegirl:

How did you get so lucky that you get to start on mushies. My doc has me on 2 weeks liquid, 2 weeks mushies and then soft foods.

I find it so hard that the doctors all have different approaches to the pre-op and post op diets. I can have Protein Shakes or Protein shakes with 2 meals of blended foods like yogurt, chicken, tuna, mash potato, etc. etc. I just have to used a blender and no chunks. My tuna was actually good today and I at least enjoyed something different. My doctor said the most important thing is getting in the fluids and protein, so because I'm not really hungry yet, I think I'll stick to the shakes. Every day I seem a little bit better and didn't need the pain meds today, but the gas and pain is still there. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm only 4 days out and to not rush it!

Lap2Fab:

Wow! You too. It is kinda funny to read all the posts on here and how every doctor is different post op. I have been real lucky with no gas pains. I bought 2 boxes of Gas-X just in case and haven't opened them yet. Yes, my doc focuses on liquids and Protein Shakes only at first. Are you able to get the mushies down already?

Lap2Fab:

Wow! You too. It is kinda funny to read all the posts on here and how every doctor is different post op. I have been real lucky with no gas pains. I bought 2 boxes of Gas-X just in case and haven't opened them yet. Yes, my doc focuses on liquids and Protein Shakes only at first. Are you able to get the mushies down already?

I had tuna and mayo mixed in a blender (2oz) and 1/4 cup of cottage cheese mixed with low fat milk in a blender. They tasted pretty good. Didn't care for the texture, but put the leftovers in the refrig, I'll try a little each day. I took very small bites and still chewed to make sure it would be okay, I was nervous at first. I stopped before I was even done with either and thought I would have Jello or some mashed banana, but I honestly didn't feel I needed either. I just think I'll stick with mainly shakes. You are lucky with no gas pains, that's really the major pain I have, it's not in my shoulder, it's right in my stomach and I have to bend over the bed to release it. My husband pounded on my back today while I was bent over, and I can't believe how much it helped, it was like burping a baby!

Hey Guys i'll be joining you in Bandland tommarow!!!!

2 days after surgery trying to get in at least a mile of walking every day even if it takes me a few times on the treadmill walking for 15 minutes then resting a few hours I might try to get more in today I know I need to get that walking in :cursing:

good luck beachbunny!

2 days after surgery trying to get in at least a mile of walking every day even if it takes me a few times on the treadmill walking for 15 minutes then resting a few hours I might try to get more in today I know I need to get that walking in :cursing:

MOO, 2 DAYS OUT ? Don't you think your rushing the walking thing? I'm 2 weeks out, and feel up to exercising.....but at two days out I did not. Don't over do it.

Beachbunny!

Congrats and good luck tomorrow. This will be the best decision that you will ever make!!!