Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Rush in bandland!

Good grief I've gained 2 pounds, and the only thing I can figure is that my body is holding on to what calories I'm eating right now. I've been keeping track, and I've been eating only between 600 - 800 calories. I was able to bump it up yesterday to 900, and I'm hoping that helps.

So I'm curious since all these doctors have different diets what week does your doc allow you regular solid foods again? My says at the start of week 3/ Day 15 post op.

So I'm curious since all these doctors have different diets what week does your doc allow you regular solid foods again? My says at the start of week 3/ Day 15 post op.

Week Five!!! I have two weeks of full liquids, two weeks of mushies, then at the beginning of week five I can add soft solids, and continue from there.

Congrats Amanda! How in the world have you lost so much weight already? I am so jealous! lol

Most of it I lost on the 10 day pre op diet. I've only lost a few pounds since surgery and right now I'm stalled. I think it's because I'm not eating enough. I've only been getting around 500 calories MAX per day. I need to increase it some and try to shake things up a bit.

It looks like your doc is following the real LAP-BAND® Post Op diet.

My doc is very conservative, but his numbers are way better than the national averages for complications, etc., so I guess that's a good thing!

Diane:

I am doing really good. I have been reading about how everyone has gas pains. So far so good for me, I can't complain. I am just sick of liquids. I see my kids eat and it smells so good. lol.

How are you doing? Where did you have yours done?

Hi, Debbie. I had mine done at a local hospital here in Massachusetts. I am doing ok but I think I'm a little dehydrated. I need to get more liquids in. Everytime I put something in my stomach it hurts so I have been very conservative.

liquids week one, mushies week 2, soft solids week 3, solids week 4.

I was just banded on August 13th and I feel like crap!!! I think its just gas pains. I have walked and walked and taken medication for gas but nothing seems to help. Any body else have this problem and what did you do?

I was just banded on August 13th and I feel like crap!!! I think its just gas pains. I have walked and walked and taken medication for gas but nothing seems to help. Any body else have this problem and what did you do?

Yes, I had that problem. You are doing all you can. The Gas-x will help break the gas down so you can get it out. It took 3 days to completely dissapate. It's miserable. I'm sorry you have having a tough time with it. I am day 4 post op and now feeling pretty good. Every day has been a little better. Hang in there.

Got banded on Friday! Had a one night stay in the hospital and came home very early saturday morning. liquids are going down well. Gas pains were terrible friday night and saturday. Yesterday I developed a sore neck and throat. Not too sure what that's about. any ideas folks?

Liquids are going down well. Water, sugar free popsicles, broth, and my Protein Shakes have all gone down with no "vomitatious" feelings. Started Vitamins and had no problem there either.

All in all, i'm doing well! Good luck to everyone else in recovery :)

Well fellow bansters, I'm switching over to this for my journaling. I really don't care for this "bandster hell"! Oh, I know it won't be forever and I need to learn patience, but damn I'm ready for a fill. I loved that feeling when I first got out of the hospital, that not hungry feeling? You know what I'm talking about. My Belly Lions are starting to roar and I feel that same old anxiety, like before the band. I do pretty good for most of the day, then blow it, because I'm hungry! I really don't want to go to my next appt. and have gained weight.....that would suck, big time! Other than that my wounds are healing nicely, I can slightly feel the port under my skin. I don't think my Dr. will have any trouble finding it!

I am self-pay, and my fills are only good for 90 days, or three fills....I know my Dr. had done over 1600 lap-bands and must know what he is doing,but I still question the whole 90 day or three fill thing. After that they are 100.00 bucks a pop. Guess I could do some research and figure out if any Dr.s in my area are cheaper with the fills. Guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there. That's all for now!

Peace Out

Kelly:confused:

Officially in bandland!

I am just now feeling a little like myself. My surgery was supposed to be at 12:15 did not go in till 1:15. Was done about 2 and on my way home at 4. Still feeling a little groggy, surprised how little I am taking in. Maybe 1 Protein shake for the whole day. I start off with 1/3 and then have more around lunch and the rest for dinner. I have the Protein bullet which I drink with Water, trying to get in as much protein as I can. Gas pain is really annoying and still sore around the port area. The walking does help but then I get real tired and go back to sleep. Praying that I will be up for work tomorrow.:) We don't have to get there till 11:30 so I may be ok. Good luck to everyone! This is a repost from another thread

Congrats to all the new Banditos!!!! I'll be joining you on Tuesday!

Got banded on Friday! Had a one night stay in the hospital and came home very early saturday morning. liquids are going down well. Gas pains were terrible friday night and saturday. Yesterday I developed a sore neck and throat. Not too sure what that's about. any ideas folks?

I had the sore neck and throat thing too. It's from being intubated, I'm pretty sure. That was the last surgery pain/discomfort to go away for me.

Well fellow bansters, I'm switching over to this for my journaling. I really don't care for this "bandster hell"! Oh, I know it won't be forever and I need to learn patience, but damn I'm ready for a fill. I loved that feeling when I first got out of the hospital, that not hungry feeling? You know what I'm talking about. My Belly Lions are starting to roar and I feel that same old anxiety, like before the band. I do pretty good for most of the day, then blow it, because I'm hungry! I really don't want to go to my next appt. and have gained weight.....that would suck, big time! Other than that my wounds are healing nicely, I can slightly feel the port under my skin. I don't think my Dr. will have any trouble finding it!

I am self-pay, and my fills are only good for 90 days, or three fills....I know my Dr. had done over 1600 lap-bands and must know what he is doing,but I still question the whole 90 day or three fill thing. After that they are 100.00 bucks a pop. Guess I could do some research and figure out if any Dr.s in my area are cheaper with the fills. Guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there. That's all for now!

Peace Out

Kelly:confused:

Kelly, are you getting your Protein in? I was banded on the third, also, and as long as I get my Protein in, I'm doing okay. Sure, I can eat more than I could when I came home from the hospital, but nothing compared to how I was eating before the surgery.

Good luck and hang in there!