Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for September 2010 Bandsters

So feeling a bit down because my husband has to work the day of my surgery:frown: he has some training he has to do so no way he can miss it... but I am not about to re-schedule this surgery...

Hey, mom05!

If it makes you feel any better - I will be in the hospital with you, going through the same thing on the 22nd. We may live in different states... But before they put me out, I will think of you and hope that we both wake up feeling a little skinnier already!:(

Hi everyone,

I'm off to the airport 1st thing in the morning, i'm a little nervous, but by this time tomorrow i will be in bandland!!! yay! I'll be thinking of the rest of us that are scheduled for the 13th, best wishes!!

Adios

lillyegg, debrarh, ready4change10, CalaCake, bandalley, RN.Violet, SarahMarie123, glitteryvampiregirl, ConB113, lovemysgt: Good Luck tomorrow, will be thinking of all of you. Keep us posted when you can...

Hi Brian: No not anymore used to, but I think military families sacrafice so much.. I have many friends that are in the military and I am so proud of them....

Edited by mom05

Hey, mom05!

If it makes you feel any better - I will be in the hospital with you, going through the same thing on the 22nd. We may live in different states... But before they put me out, I will think of you and hope that we both wake up feeling a little skinnier already!:(

Thank you Scarred4Life really means alot to me....and I too have gone thru the same thing with my husband. He gives me a look when he sees me get something. We went to the store today and I grabbed a packet of almonds but had to put it back because he gave me the look... I know he just wants me to succeed but it can get annoying at times....

Hi LisaA ! Yeah that was a weird lookin' font! Thanks for the book suggestion but I currently have two Gastric Band books I am reading. I just felt couped up yesterday I stayed 4 days straight inside my place and didn't shower for those 4 days too ( yuck ! :( ). My Doctor advises 2 days without a shower / 2 weeks without a bath - swimming. I went over to be sure plus I didn't feel like going out yet.

Today on the other hand, I took a good shower, got nicely dressed and went out - so all in well. My Pants even felt a little loose. I have lost about 13 in a week for my 3 days prior liquid and now my constant liquid diet.

The thing is with the band ... it doesn't matter how I feel ... I am banded and there is NOTHING I can do short of trying to burst my band and have extraordinary pain to eat out of it. Again I have already started to feel some restriction with my band and I have had a few times where I just want to throw up / burst so I KNOW my band is doing it's job. It is one of the biggest reasons I got my band / paid $16,000 for it. I wanted the extra help in control - de-motivator if I do over-eat. AND I AM NOT OVER-EATING and I am feeling some restriction if I drink too much too soon. I do not think I have gone over 600 - 700 calories since I got banded and I feel restriction.

I think that is one of the best things of the Band ... It's done. I am stuck with it and the good habits it forces on me. If I even slightly over-eat or eat too fast or disobey the rules, it tells me and it tells me quick. It gives me a nice lesson in some pain, discomfort and some nausea. I think ... pardon the pun ... it is just what the doctor ordered to make me make permanent life changing decisions and lifestyle changes necessary for a fitter, healthier and happier me ! Eventually I will adjust and get healthier, leaner and fitter because it FORCES me to... and that is a good thing.

-Brian

16 days left :P Can't hardly wait... I want to now :(

Good Morning everyone and Happy Monday.

Good luck to all those going into surgery today!

Scarred4Life- I know its really annoying sometimes to have that "support." Sure you want them to help you stay focused and motivate you but then at the same time, they are just annoying and constantly harping! :(

How about telling your hubby, "honey, I really love that you are so supportive and trying to help me through this but I need to do this a little more on my own. I know the rules of this and am motivated to do it, so please just give me a little space with it. I want your words of encouragement and support, I want you to help me stay motivated but constantly questioning what I put in my mouth is a little frustrating. But I really apprieciate what you are trying to do and I love you for it!"Hmm in theory it should work... in reality, i don't know! :P

Side note- I have never wanted to go back to work more then I want to now. I sooooo just want to pull my toe nails out one by one just for sheer entertainment. :) I am so bored but I don't feel up to doing too much and when I do I hurt, I am tired but can't sleep cause Im uncomfortable on my back. I get sleep in spurts- I wake up every 30-40 minutes in discomfort during the night... I tried sleeping on my tummy last night, it felt okay at first but only lasted 15 minutes before it hurt. Oh how tomorrow can't come fast enough! WORK here I COME! :lol: And the sad part is that I technically only work part time. Part time hours but I have 26 clients. I have never wanted to exercise so badly too, but the best I can do is a little walking. Ohhh PLEASE heal fast and get back to normal!:thumbup:

Our Special Dates:

Today: September 13

lillyegg, debrarh, ready4change10, CalaCake, bandalley, RN.Violet, SarahMarie123, glitteryvampiregirl, ConB113, lovemysgt, motherbear*

THIS WEEK: Good luck too those of you having your surgery this week. Let us know when you get a chance how you are doing after your surgery. We will have you in our thoughts.

September 14 - KAS1971, TheMaxwellFamily, WAH.MOM, purplevix, Angel82

September 15 - Kysmith72, piperboo, leeblewb

September 16 - sunny day, fldanny, kimmila, onceuponaband, kissalovoe, matzobeans, sugarmoma, stephanie24p, lauravarley, donna niemi

September 17 - Stateofzen, hserrra, blondeej, vega1star, helgainaz, AnnaOz, MrsFitand42, maxi2010, risenhour1, maxi2010, jakealta*, CdnBlondie

NEXT WEEK:

September 20 - RACandler, mytrice, Natalka, lbtss16, shellyh

September 21 - angellegna29, krieck, wishful-thinking, ledgins, HAD_ENOUGH

September 22 - ebonykisses, kittykat56, papoose, mom05, teach830, highlojack, Scarred4Life, highlojack

September 23 - emsbugbug, cicigirl, kierstyun2010, hocuspocus, mrsmontero12607

September 24 - ctrose, kmckinleyrn, South Dakota Girl

September 25 - candy Rain

FOLLOWING WEEK:

September 27 - babyk, LisaA (leaving for Mexico on the 26th), ocbutterfly, david314, wendyhart, panna*

September 28 - Zippy74, kosy2, ebeeze824, newbs, Marte80, Paigey

September 29 - wanna.b.healthy, Foxracing1201, chriper

September 30 - sourmissg, mrsbure, cndalbs, qtney1

*newest additions

I want everyone to be recognized for this journey, so please let me know if I overlooked you.

Those approved/self pay and waiting for dates:

sarwenc

TheLovelyMissJ

desperatelyw.loss

HeatherinCA

phershey

PitPat

bayareanan

Bugaboo77

52 have crossed over to Band Land:

1reign - from FL

ahlmanfamily - from MA

aliciaj - from PA

ally UK - from England

angelpix - from MN

bandalley - from Alberta Canada

BandedNellie - from CT

Brian-LA - Brian from LA

Butterfly2010 - from NC

CalaCake - from PA

cece1967 -from CA

ConB113 - from FL

CSinTX - Cathy from TX

danide - Danielle from NY

debrarh - from GA

Desiree1972 - from GA

donnalys - from AL

drm1123 - from NY

Esin - from London, England

Freshstart2010 - Christi from CA

glitteryvampiregirl - Catherine from AL

gracerev - Pastor from GA

ILUVFOOD - from NJ

jlr58 - from NJ

jmariedel - from VA

jshort - Jennifer from MO

kydman - from KY

LadyT39 - from FL

Lanah - from TX

lemonchick - from TX

lillyegg - from NY

lovemysgt - from TX

Loyalfriend - from NC

Mandyrae - from TX

missjoany - from NC

motherbear - from NH

msmith73 - from NH

Nani4five - from MI

NYsLegend78 - from NJ

Olsweetmusic - from FL

playermimi - from MA

pooky032281 - from OK

ready4change10 - from PA

rkwilliams1013 - Rebecca from GA

RN.Violet - from KY

Run Girl Run - from MO

sannersplace72 - Sandy from MD

SarahMarie123 - from WA

shushuandanniesmom - Jamie from IL

spitfireleo - from MA

stephanie1975 - from Victoria, Canada

swissnis - from IL

Good Monday all! I hope this finds everyone doing well. I start back to work tomorrow, so I'm sure that my posts will drop in number after today.

Best wishes to lillyegg, debrarh, ready4change10, CalaCake, bandalley, RN.Violet, SarahMarie123, glitteryvampiregirl, ConB113, lovemysgt...I hope you all have a speedy recovery!

:(

OMG Jackson? I'm in athens washington co area. which holzer? do you know how many procedures he's done, funny they dont advertise that. is your insurance paying? do you know how much they are? do the do fills. I have been calling all over for fills. Last question, do they do flouro fills.

I can't believe holzer does the procedure, that is wild. my family is from Jackson, have you found any support groups in the area. Maybe we should form one, I know the parkersburg library has a bariatric support group.

Wow is all i can say, I've been wondering where the se ohio people are

LisaA, where are you in Southeast Ohio? I'm in Jackson and I'm having my surgery at Holzer WLS with Dr. Grandia. Just curious...

good morning to everyone! It's been six days days since surgery and I can finally say I feel almost normal.. The only problem I am having is a sudden urge to expell gas and with it diahrea. Sorry for being so graphic. Any one experiencing this? Any suggestions?

Just out of curiosity.. for those of us married couples or those in a relationship.. any advise on how to get the hubs NOT to question everything I put in my mouth?

He is really trying to be supportive, but when I was using a salt substitute - he asked, can you have that on your diet? Sipping on a Crystal Light - Are you allowed to be drinking that?

Admittedly, its more aggravating if he catches me doing something I am NOT suppose to be doing.. like dipping a carrot in some ranch dressing...:( I am on Day 5 of my pre-op diet, and there is only so much chicken, tuna and broccoli a girl can eat. I am running out of ideas. and I still have 10 days to go.

I will say, regardless of the ranch dressing incident, I have been really proud of the food choices I have been making. I know that I have certainly been conscious of what I have been eating - and its certainly better that what I would have been eating.

I am hoping that the pre-op tesing in the morning will be a breeze - and I would like for the next 10 days not result in divorce or squeezing the hubs so hard, his head pops off! :thumbup:

Y'know... I am feeling better already! Thanks, guys! :P

Oh, husbands! I've got one too :) I think you just have to be direct and tell him what you would like for him to do to support you, since he is clearly interested in doing that, and the things that are really mentally unhelpful to you right now. You're not looking for a food coach, and I'd tell him that straight up when you're not angry because he just did it :lol: But there might be other things he could help you with that might make him feel useful-- like maybe going on walks with you and being your exercise partner, or agreeing to temporarily restrain from eating your biggest trigger foods right in front of you. Sometimes people (especially men in my experience) have a hard time just listening and being a support that way rather than trying to jump in and "fix"-- so maybe you can have that talk with him too.

You have to do this. He can't do it for you and those little comments that are meant to be helpful and caring can be undermining. I guess you'll probably have to have that conversation maybe even a few times. Good luck!

cant believe tomorrow is surgery! Im so excited, but oh so nervous too. My 4 year old just wants to see my booboo's. Ill let everyone know in a few days how everything goes. good luck to everyone who is this week also!

Oh, husbands! I've got one too :thumbup: I think you just have to be direct and tell him what you would like for him to do to support you, since he is clearly interested in doing that, and the things that are really mentally unhelpful to you right now. You're not looking for a food coach, and I'd tell him that straight up when you're not angry because he just did it :) But there might be other things he could help you with that might make him feel useful-- like maybe going on walks with you and being your exercise partner, or agreeing to temporarily restrain from eating your biggest trigger foods right in front of you. Sometimes people (especially men in my experience) have a hard time just listening and being a support that way rather than trying to jump in and "fix"-- so maybe you can have that talk with him too.

You have to do this. He can't do it for you and those little comments that are meant to be helpful and caring can be undermining. I guess you'll probably have to have that conversation maybe even a few times. Good luck!

I think you should feel fortunate that your husband is a nagging motivator,:P(lol) and helps you stay on track. I on the other hand, have a husband who is "supportive" of my desicion, but yet when we go out, I am ready packed with my Protein Shake and when it comes time for dinner, he starts getting fuzzy because I can't eat anything and just "how are we going to eat (him and the kids) with me looking at them?, it's not something nice to do.":sneaky: so basically I have to end up eating with them or my kids have to wait until we get all the way home, which is always after 8 p.m. to have their dinner, and yes right after they have to go to bed-unhealthy- and I end up eating with them.:(*sigh* what's a girl to do? Like they say the grass is always greener on the other side, but I truly wished my hubs was more supportive in a healthy way like yours. Good luck!!

Happy Monday Everyone...

Last night I had the first true meal with my family since being banded. It felt really nice to be back at the dinner Table becuase that is such an important time for my husband and I to spend with the kids. It also is nice to cook for the family again. Well, first of all.. we have all switched to small lunch plates.. which helps in portion controll. The menu was a lean pork tenderloin ( which we grilled, a sweet potatoe and sugar free apple sauce) I had two very small pieces of pork and a 1/2 of potatoe w - margerine and no skin.. did not even eat the apple sauce - I was too full!! Than I had to go for a walk becuase i was way too full! Felt good though and love being back with the family. We were laughing at how small I cut the pork piece.. smaller than pea size.. my husband joked am I gonna cut my meat that small when I go out with friends? I am still terrified of getting stuck.. even thought I am being extra careful!! Can anyone explain to me what sliming is.. I figurte it is not pleasant.. just trying to understand the lingo.. Also a little disapointed that in 3 days I have not lost any weight... but I also know that I am not drinking enough.. so will work on that.. Hope everyone is recovering well!!