Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for September 2010 Bandsters

:thumbup: Starving and hanging in there LOL Surgery next monday woot woot ! Anywho.. they hubby and kids.. aaahh YES.. i had my little freak out on them all this weekend LOL.. I've been on liquid diet since last tuesday and they thought they were going to sit right in back of me and eat take out food!! r ya kiddin me LOL i turned to them all and said.. IT would be nice if you could all show a little support maybe.. and eat that in the kitchen seeing how i havn't had a bite of food since tuesday! I'm not asking them to not eat i'm just asking them to not do it right in front of me and maybe refrain from the take out stuff for a month.. it's not going to kill anyone ! I have living with me.. My hubby my son who's 14 and my daughter who's 21 with her fiance and their daughter who's 5 weeks old. Bad mistake on hubbies part to say to me .. Well Hun i mean come on what am i suposed to do , we didn't have anything defrosted.. i mean u r the one who made the decision to do this.. OMG he said it.. i couldn't believe he said it LOL.. i lost it.. i said.. O really ?.. Well let's hope you don't regret the decisions IVE made! :( and a few more choice words LOL.. needless to say the next take out was wonton Soup for all .. and let mommy strain the broth for herself hehe.. which was cool .. LOL and no more take out for a month or more he said :P

good morning to everyone! It's been six days days since surgery and I can finally say I feel almost normal.. The only problem I am having is a sudden urge to expell gas and with it diahrea. Sorry for being so graphic. Any one experiencing this? Any suggestions?

Playermimi: Happy to see that you are starting to feel better.

Happy Monday Everyone...

Last night I had the first true meal with my family since being banded. It felt really nice to be back at the dinner Table becuase that is such an important time for my husband and I to spend with the kids. It also is nice to cook for the family again. Well, first of all.. we have all switched to small lunch plates.. which helps in portion controll. The menu was a lean pork tenderloin ( which we grilled, a sweet potatoe and sugar free apple sauce) I had two very small pieces of pork and a 1/2 of potatoe w - margerine and no skin.. did not even eat the apple sauce - I was too full!! Than I had to go for a walk becuase i was way too full! Felt good though and love being back with the family. We were laughing at how small I cut the pork piece.. smaller than pea size.. my husband joked am I gonna cut my meat that small when I go out with friends? I am still terrified of getting stuck.. even thought I am being extra careful!! Can anyone explain to me what sliming is.. I figurte it is not pleasant.. just trying to understand the lingo.. Also a little disapointed that in 3 days I have not lost any weight... but I also know that I am not drinking enough.. so will work on that.. Hope everyone is recovering well!!

BandedNellie: I know that must make you feel good, to enjoy dinner with your family at the dinner table again, When you go out to dinner with your friends I'm sure you will handel just fine.

Lillyegg, Debrarh, Ready4change10, CalaCake, Bandalley, RN.Violet, SarahMarie123, Gitteryvampiregirl, ConB113, Lovemysgt, Motherbear, I have you all in my prays, that each one of you have a fast recovery.

I don't have a date yet but paperwork was submitted this week for approval. I am hoping things go well and I'll be banded in September.

Looking for others who will be banded in September 2010.

Please chime in.

will b banded 9/16/2010 so excited and nervous wish u well

sugarmoma:blush:

Okay 7th ers! Tomorrow is our big day! :P Good luck for all of us!

Is it odd that I am not nervous at all? I have no concerns, no anxiety, no fear.... Maybe that will all kick in when I am trying to sleep LoL... (Thoughts and feelings usually like to come to me in the middle of the night and keep me up from 2 am to 5 am... go figure. ) My mother keeps checking in on me... Shes VERY nervous and anxious for me. Its pretty comical. And I guess because I minimize everything, my boyfriend seems to be unphased. I really just want it to be done already! :(

Well, I will be back on here to check in as soon as I can! :thumbup:

Everyone else, stay wonderful!

(though I don't always comment of everything/everyone, I do read everything written here!)

will be banded thursday the 16th also look forward 2 reading about your great success wish u well:thumbup:

Hi everybody! I've been thinking of all you lucky ducks and those who have already crossed the threshold!!:( Congrats!

As for me, I just got my surgery scheduled for 9/23!!:P:w00t::thumbup: I'm nervous and psyched at the same time. For a while I was thinking of bailing on the idea and then reality set in and I remembered why I decided on this in the first place. I know me, and I need this tool to get me where I want to go!!

As for the whole HUSBANDS line of convo, I can totally relate to you gals- My husband is Mr. Fitness himself. I don't mind cuz I get a hot hubby! BUT he can be very judgmental and doesn't really GET what it's like to be overweight etc. He has never been more than 20 lbs overweight in his life, and right now he's rockin' six pack abs!!!:):wub::lol::tt1::tt1::tt1: Again, NOT complaining about that! But I do feel rather inferior or not pretty enough, etc, etc. and it's just hard to relate sometimes. I know just what you mean about getting "the look" Scarred4Life!!

Ok, talk to you more soon! Love to all!

Sarah

I'm excited for everybody !! and me too ! :(

Can sombody please tell me how to get the ticker on my blogs or forums or profile?? i went and picked out the tracker i wanted and i copied the thingy in the box but when i put it into my forum signature it doesn't show.. it just shows like a link and not picture:bored:

For the pre-op dieters, I am feeling your pains! I have been on the diet for almost a week now, and this weekend, my husband decides to make tacos! MY FAVORITE! And we are in an apartment, so you can't escape the smell. Then the next day he made yummy smelling nachos! Why do people do this??? Why can't they live on sandwiches, or other foods that don't give the house wonderful food aromas for the time being? SOOO MEAN! :(

Hi ShellyH.

Here are instructions to get the ticker:

1. Go to www.tickerfactory.com

2. Click on Weightloss

3. Select a ticker ruler. Veiw all available by clicking on the page numbers. Once you have selected the one you want to use, click Next.

4. Select a ticker slider. Veiw all available by clicking on the page numbers. Once you have selected the one you want to use, click Next.

5. Select the measure of weight that you use. (pounds or kilograms)

6.If you wish the ticker to show your current weight and count down to your goal weight, select Weight.

7. If you wish the ticker to show only the amount of weight you wish to lose and how much you've lost, (not your current or goal weight) select Weight Change.

8. Enter your starting, current and goal weights, and then click Next.

9. You will now be on the final page with the codes to copy for pasting into your signature line on LBT.

There are a couple of ways put the code into your signature line on LBT. Here is one option...

1. Highlight the text in the bbCode box, leaving off the URL codes. See diagram below:

2. Go to LBT and click on the Quick Links button at the top of the page, select Edit Signature.

3. Click in your signature box and type Ctrl+V to paste it in.

Remeber to save. It worked for me. Maxi

I get banded on the 24th of this month. I just started the diet and it's hard work sticking to the diet. It's going to really hard when I go down for my great-grandma's birthday celebration(she turning 101). It will be all southren fattie cooking. Everything sauced or cooked with lots of salt and butter. It will be hell y'all.

Hi,

I have been scheduled for Lapband on Sept 28th. I'm so excited... :(

Great, so many people with new dates! To all of you good luck on your pre-op diet and upcoming surgery. I am 4 days post-op and doing well. Not 100% yet, but I have taken time off from work and taking it easy for a change. I am not in pain, just discomfort. But I felt very happy after my surgery and know this is the right decision for me. I am on a 2 week fluids ( Protein shakes) only diet and starting to miss some real food; but not reallllly hungry yet.

Again good luck to everyone! Keep posting!

Greetings from NC

I went for my pre-op today.

I weighed 224.5. I really thought it would be a little more than that, so I was relieved. Right now, I'm scheduled for 2:15 PM on the 28th, but they said they were trying to work me in earlier and to be prepared to arrive around 10:00 AM.

My only concern was that I had a fever of a little over a hundred degrees when I first got there, but I had them take it again before I left and it was back to normal. She said if the blood tests showed an infection of some kind, I might have to put the surgery off.

Has this happened to any of you?

Hi Everyone - 3 days post op here

I have been hesitant to post my banding experience b/c I am one of the most positive people I know, and unfortunately this has not been positive for me - I am truly heartbroken about it.

I love my surgeon - she is great - everyone in the hospital - fab.

After several hours post op I started feeling a tightness in my chest. It threw me for a loop as I was expecting the shoulder/back gas pain - which never came. The incision pain is no fun - but easy to deal with - the tightness in my chest - not so much. I stayed over night in the hospital and walked the hall several times, but the tightness would not decrease. My surgeon called me on Saturday and asked how I was doing and i let her know where the tightness was - breast bone, she informed me that is where the band is - not to worry. After I was released and moving more the tightness was accompanied by shortness of breath. So I couldn't read more than one story to my daughter, or have a decent convo with my son. My neighbor convinced me to call the surgeon on call yesterday - he told me it was not normal and to head to the ER. I did. They scanned my lungs for a clot and i had to hold my breath - and I couldn't - the tech remarked on how shallow my breathing was. Then came the chest Xray and when he told me to hold my breath I couldn't - then coughed. It was no fun. After 7 hours in the ER they concluded that I didn't have a clot or pneumonia and that I needed to contact my surgeon on Monday morning to discuss the next steps as they only avoid catastrophic situations. I called my surgeon this morning and she was in the OR, but she had my paperwork and ordered an upper GI to see if my band was too tight. I actually cried this time b/c i hate barium and I felt sorry for myself (shame on me). Now I wait.

I am frustrated. I don't regret the surgery - I just need answers and I need to know that I will be able to take deep breaths, read stories, walk more than 10 feet without sweating and catching my breath.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

thanks for your support.

Well I start my liquid diet for two weeks tomorrow. It will be hard but I'm so looking forward to the future. :thumbup: